Poll

So, what you (UK) guys think? Exit or not to exit?

YES, please get me out of there (I'm UK) [go]
41 (19.5%)
Hell no, we are one big (happy) family! (I'm UK) [stay]
42 (20%)
OMG, let them Go! [go]
63 (30%)
I love the UK, they are family! [stay]
64 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 207

Voting closed: July 10, 2016, 10:29:34 am

Author Topic: UK forum members, BREXIT?  (Read 508472 times)

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
Re: UK forum members, BREXIT?
« Reply #2200 on: July 16, 2016, 01:55:27 pm »
It's your naïveté and policies that will destroy your culture and playing the choice-less victim will get you nowhere.
You obviously have no idea what our culture is or our history. Culture isn't something static, it is always changing, always have, always will. The fact that we have a few percent refugees from the middle east in Europe now will not hurt us. Europe is not the victim, the middle east is, the EU is simply trying to cope with the humanitarian disaster that the UK/US created there (that most of Europe was against). We have plenty of choices, and the EU is definitely the best way forward; Europe needs to stick together and cooperate, not let fascists, Islamist or other enemies of Europe and the enlightenment ideals tear us apart.

That's my 2c. Good luck. ;-)
Thanks, but luck got nothing to do with it.

Obviously, a united Europe is making certain people pee in their pants out of fear; but it's going to happen whether you like it or not, with or without the UK. ;)

The following users thanked this post: ProBang2

Offline bitslice

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2201 on: July 16, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
:palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:
Wow you got me there, that's the most devastating comeback in this debate so far - I've got nothing...

but there was no excuse for her killing.

I'm not suggesting one, I'm pointing out that she represented a cynical force within politics that will blindly pander any minority in order to stay in power, that maintains a concept of victimhood so they can be the "solution", yet turn a blind eye to all the moral conundrums that throws up - LGBT or Islam, entirely incompatible in real life except in the LaLa land of the Left. Ergo, they cynically use both groups to gain votes and hope they never have to deal with the inevitable fallout like Orlando.

There is a right and wrong way of doing things.
Maybe he was too ill (mentally), and that was the overall issue.

It's just as likely she was killed out of hatred for all that she represents, he simply lacked any moral or legal legitimacy for that action (and in that sense, wrong). But if her own constitutionality voted against her then his action was essentially politically expedient.

Conflating killing and mental illness doesn't really do the mentally ill a service, ISIS are not mentally ill because in our society we don't accept that a religious belief is a mental illness. Governments have ordered the killing of millions in order to secure land, ISIS does the same in order to secure a caliphate - both parties are working towards their political aims and both parties require sane military personnel to achieve them.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2202 on: July 16, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »
There is a right and wrong way of doing things.
Maybe he was too ill (mentally), and that was the overall issue.

It's just as likely she was killed out of hatred for all that she represents, he simply lacked any moral or legal legitimacy for that action (and in that sense, wrong). But if her own constitutionality voted against her then his action was essentially politically expedient.

Conflating killing and mental illness doesn't really do the mentally ill a service, ISIS are not mentally ill because in our society we don't accept that a religious belief is a mental illness. Governments have ordered the killing of millions in order to secure land, ISIS does the same in order to secure a caliphate - both parties are working towards their political aims and both parties require sane military personnel to achieve them.

That makes sense, I agree.

I think calling such people mentally ill, just makes it easier for me (and maybe others), to cope with the horrible things such people do. The analysis of a person like that, into good:bad, Normal:Mentally ill, Good Upbringing:Bad upbringing etc. Can get very complicated.

Some people wonder if, such people could have "controlled" their issues, and stopped themselves from doing bad things. Even if they are mentally ill, etc. I.e. Were they truly bad or good.

Maybe the laws should have been written, so that people can't vote, if they have emigrated here, for ten years. To stop political parties bringing in people, just so their party can gain more votes, even if it may terribly harm the future of that country.

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #2203 on: July 16, 2016, 02:22:10 pm »
ISIS are not mentally ill because in our society we don't accept that a religious belief is a mental illness. Governments have ordered the killing of millions in order to secure land, ISIS does the same in order to secure a caliphate - both parties are working towards their political aims and both parties require sane military personnel to achieve them.
ISIS goal is to retake control of Iraq, it's an operation started by former friends of Saddam. They don't give a shit about any caliphate they just want power back no matter what the cost, and they've got nothing to loose and everything to win.

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2204 on: July 16, 2016, 02:29:10 pm »
The fact that we have a few percent refugees from the middle east in Europe now will not hurt us. Europe is not the victim, the middle east is, the EU is simply trying to cope with the humanitarian disaster that the UK/US created there (that most of Europe was against).

Yes , they will have hurt us . The sweden tie the dogs with sausages  and you have the luxury for openning  the gates for all the  hunger death of the world, that will be your problem.
But and other countries where there are a  unnoficial jobless from 6 Millions of people , and the Social Security are emptying every year , we are unable of stop it.
You as want that we charge with more people if we are unable with the our.

Offline bitslice

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2205 on: July 16, 2016, 02:36:45 pm »
No. The problem are the fascists, racists and islamists.
Source?
She was murdered by a right wing idiot,
She was a Hard Left wing idiot, a political sacrifice was made.
a member of ISIS. That is their goal: to tear up europe from the inside.
We tore up all of the Middle East, I'd imagine they'd consider this quid pro quo

Why do you think putin are sponsoring the radical right in Europe? Hint: KGB used to call them useful idiots.
That term is only ever applied to Liberals, so I'd have to agree with you.
Why shouldn't Putin undermine the EU? The EU is applying sanctions against them for retaking Ukraine, a country that is ethnically Russian...

What is 'numbeo'?
http://www.numbeo.com/common/about.jsp
"This website was mentioned or used as a source by many international newspapers and magazines including BBC, Time, The Week, Forbes, The Economist, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, New York Times, The Telegraph, The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, China Daily, The Washington Post, USA Today and dozens more"

So, is that OK for you?

Do you honestly believe

I'm merely providing statistics from a reputable source and if that's what they say, then it's probably so.
You have provided nothing for anything you say. Merely "well I live nearby, so I'm an expert"

Sweden have the best freedom of information act in the world; government can't hide statistics here.

LOL
"Code 291 -- and this is in all the Swedish newspapers now -- the police were told to cover up any crime related to the refugees. Do not tell the media. Do not leave a paper trail," Swedish policy analyst Tino Sanandaji

There are apparently 25-30 reports on immigrant crime statistics, only 2 are reported in the media. Funny that.

Crime rate in malmö is not higher than other cities in sweden.

If you keep crying foul without providing anything to back up your point, then I'm going to keep proving you wrong.
http://www.nordstjernan.com/news/education%7Cresearch/4539/

"list of the most crime-infested areas in Sweden (the number of crimes reported per 100,000 inhabitants):
1. Stockholm
2. Sigtuna
3. Malmö "

Do you want me to point out the top three cities for muslim immigration, or will you finally concede the point? Hint: it's Stockholm, Sigtuna and Malmö...

what does this have to do with Brexit? 

Because Germany demanded that all countries start taking in what would inevitably be millions of muslims, and that Turkey was going to be given free visas.

And then we looked at the shithole that Sweden has become...  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:

That's a reason for Brexit in a paragraph (not the only one, but mass immigration of muslims has been a #1 topic in the UK since before the last general election).

Leading on from Brexit, is how all political parties are going to deal with this. Corbyn is an "open border" mentalist, it remains to be seen how May will fudge this.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:39:18 pm by bitslice »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2206 on: July 16, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »
Sorry to spoil the fun here, but this topic has just cracked the Top 10 list of topics in the public stats. I don't want that to happen for off-topic stuff, it makes the forum look bad.
So the thread is now locked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf