Poll

So, what you (UK) guys think? Exit or not to exit?

YES, please get me out of there (I'm UK) [go]
41 (19.5%)
Hell no, we are one big (happy) family! (I'm UK) [stay]
42 (20%)
OMG, let them Go! [go]
63 (30%)
I love the UK, they are family! [stay]
64 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 207

Voting closed: July 10, 2016, 10:29:34 am

Author Topic: UK forum members, BREXIT?  (Read 512888 times)

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
Re: UK forum members, BREXIT?
« Reply #750 on: June 24, 2016, 12:39:16 pm »
@nctnico

What planet are you from ?
The grand EU project has failed.
I voted back in the 70's for a common market NOT some grand unified Europe.
If the Grand Euro fucktards   hadn't been such a bunch of dickheads there would never have been a vote.
I'm SURE that the UK will go from strength to strength.
We are a trading nation it's in our history.
I bet we get on a treat with Germany for starters.

So sit back in your stagnant protectionist EU and watch us move ahead.

PS. The planet is bigger than the EU

The following users thanked this post: Delta, nugglix

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #751 on: June 24, 2016, 12:39:52 pm »
I'm hoping all those 9 out of 10 economists that predicted much needed insane house price falls due to brexit are right...  But I'm not holding my breath :palm:

Falling house prices is the last thing we need.
Actually, where I live that's exactly what's needed. You need to be earning in excess of £150k to be able to afford a £500,000 mortgage on a studio apartment.
This is typical 'kicking against large capital' thinking. I'm quite sure there are only a handful of investors like this.

I agree, a handful of speculative investors who own large tranches of property.

For the majority of the home owners their retirement fund is their home.

Indeed, but as it stands unless you're in the top 0.2% you will not be able to get on the housing ladder.

Falling house prices will mean many people will see their retirement fund go down the drain which in turn will have dire consequences for the (local) economy because these people will have much less to spend.

No, the 15 to 20% year on year house inflation we've seen in the Capital over the past five years was never sustainable except for speculative investors.

You'll also need to take inflation into account. My own home also increased in value but my interest rate has been less than 2% over the period (>10 years) I own it.

I would never be in a position now to buy the flat I bought in 1999 for £250k. Current market value is now £1.7m, it passed £1m three or four years ago. Inflation over the same period would value it as just shy of £400k.

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #752 on: June 24, 2016, 12:40:04 pm »
I instinctively want to think that is a fake picture.  But then I saw the word 'Fox'.  Could it just be a typo? nope.  Trump, and many of his supporters still think that parts of Britain are 'under Sharia law' hah

Offline chris_leyson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #753 on: June 24, 2016, 12:41:05 pm »
The good ol' British sausages can now go back to less than 35% meat content.
That reminded me of an old joke, "Walls have ears", they also have trotters, snouts and testicles.

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #754 on: June 24, 2016, 12:41:29 pm »
The good ol' British sausages can now go back to less than 35% meat content.   :-DD

Nice one.  :-DD

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #755 on: June 24, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »
All thats needed now is the politicians ignoring the vote outcome and decide to stay in EU!   Damned if you do, damned if you dont! >:D

UK next PM!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:55:36 pm by MT »

Offline System Error Message

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #756 on: June 24, 2016, 12:51:59 pm »
i disagree with UK leaving the EU but the way politicians have been running countries there just isnt any choice. A country ruining itself within the EU ends up bringing down the other countries in it. I have friends who are in 3rd world parts of the EU and they say its much better there, they get much faster internet than the UK cheaper, prices of items are much cheaper and are quite happy to supply other countries with cheaper things from EU instead of china and obviously better quality (food sources untained and clean, better quality items, etc). Instead of outsourcing work to china they should've outsourced it to EU as there are still 3rd world countries there.

Some social/media groups over report issues. I dont get any job offers within the UK not even an interview, all offers come from EU so i wonder whats up with this country.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #757 on: June 24, 2016, 12:54:07 pm »
I instinctively want to think that is a fake picture.  But then I saw the word 'Fox'.  Could it just be a typo? nope.  Trump, and many of his supporters still think that parts of Britain are 'under Sharia law' hah
When I was in Luton, I had a bit of such feeling myself.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:56:45 pm by wraper »

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #758 on: June 24, 2016, 12:58:19 pm »
I instinctively want to think that is a fake picture.

His resignation is to be expected. As a leader of the remain camp, it is not right for him to act as the caretaker of the country in the aftermath of a leave vote, over-whelming one too.

Cameron did the honorable thing by tendering his resignation. I'm sure it was a difficult decision but he did the right thing for the country, and for himself in the long-run.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #759 on: June 24, 2016, 12:59:42 pm »
Voters with better education voted for "Stay" and the voters with less education voted for "Leave". This is a clear indication that the Britain lacks educated people and savings in the education expenses backfired. It is country's interest to provide a good education for as many people as possible.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #760 on: June 24, 2016, 01:02:42 pm »
Increased prices for food and fuel?
Why would food and fuel prices rise?

When we leave we'll be able to get cheaper food and fuel from other non-EU countries. Food is overpriced because of the subsidies EU farmers receive.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #761 on: June 24, 2016, 01:04:14 pm »
This is a clear indication that the Britain lacks educated people and savings in the education expenses backfired.

Not sure what's a big deal with the lack of "educated" people.

I in my life have encountered numerous well educated fools. Equating "educated" to "smart" is foolish, I think.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #762 on: June 24, 2016, 01:08:23 pm »
You'll also need to take inflation into account. My own home also increased in value but my interest rate has been less than 2% over the period (>10 years) I own it.
I would never be in a position now to buy the flat I bought in 1999 for £250k. Current market value is now £1.7m, it passed £1m three or four years ago. Inflation over the same period would value it as just shy of £400k.
Still I doubt all house prices in the UK went up nearly 7 times. There will always be 'hotspots' in large cities where people pay crazy money for a wardrobe.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:12:44 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #763 on: June 24, 2016, 01:09:34 pm »
Voters with better education voted for "Stay" and the voters with less education voted for "Leave". This is a clear indication that the Britain lacks educated people and savings in the education expenses backfired. It is country's interest to provide a good education for as many people as possible.

True and it's easier if we don't have to spend money on
educating children who don't have english as a first language.
There's also the fact that some of these kids have parents that are religious nut jobs.
 |O

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #764 on: June 24, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »
I instinctively want to think that is a fake picture.

His resignation is to be expected. As a leader of the remain camp, it is not right for him to act as the caretaker of the country in the aftermath of a leave vote, over-whelming one too.

Cameron did the honorable thing by tendering his resignation. I'm sure it was a difficult decision but he did the right thing for the country, and for himself in the long-run.

Bollocks !!.
He resigned to reduce the pending torry party meltdown.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #765 on: June 24, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »
Still I doubt all house prices in the UK went up nearly 7 times. There will always be 'hotspots' in large cities where people pay crazy money for a wardrobe.
Yes they did. A little bit more than 2 years ago my sister bought a house in Milton Keynes for 4x it was sold at the end of 90's, Now she finds herself being super lucky because right now the same house would cost almost 2x of that.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #766 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25:11 pm »

That video was made up. Britain first provoked them to do that. Watch the BBC documentary on britain first.

The UK is not under sharia law and i would disagree if britain tried to impose sharia law in any part of it. I investigated many of the religious arguments, claims and so on and found them to be baseless, manipulating words and so on. In the case of religion whenever religion comes to humans they ruin it so there is actually an extremist and moderate of any religion, because some people will go to great lengths to follow religion (i.e. religion will say thieving is wrong, some will kill thieves in order to uphold religion but the religious book didnt say anything about punishing thieves by killing) while some will be reasonable but still follow their religious book without having to kill anyone to follow. If you really wish me to explain the logic of it to you you can ask me in another thread/pm but not this one.

The problem is that some immigrants just come from countries where people do crime such as africa, pakistan, india, china, mexico so when people migrate from there so do the criminals because there lack such criminals here.

In the mean time lets get back on track with this topic. Because the media has been making things seem worse it has made people act in such bad ways to ruin themselves and they think that it is because they were part of the EU that this happened, or that the government didnt know better. Before this vote Britian's debt to GDP ratio was still high but had lowered quite a lot within a few years. Take a look at the global debt index. Some countries like Brunei have 0 debt, some countries have very very low debt to GDP ratio. What matters are 2 things, the debt to GDP ratio and GDP per population. So while china could have a low debt to GDP ratio their GDP per population really sucks. One of the issues is with greed and people who have no choice but to feed it. I always say dont buy overpriced items. If something is overpriced than dont buy it because you will just be making things worse. Dont feed the greed and dont pay (as in money) for other peoples mistakes.

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2016, 01:31:38 pm »

Unbelievable naivety, in fact your comment demonstrates the type of ignorance that resulted in a leave vote.... FFS  :palm:

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2016, 01:36:03 pm »
i would disagree if britain tried to impose sharia law in any part of it.

you really think that's what people said about sharia law in the UK?

Because the media has been making things seem worse it has made people act in such bad ways to ruin themselves

If that's really the case, maybe you will advocate shutting down the media at all for their deceits and non-value-add to the society. Or making mass media a crime.

Sounds like you are better off that way, :)

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #769 on: June 24, 2016, 01:36:27 pm »
It is always easy to criticize others.
You all that wanted to leave seem to forget how much already is accomplished, take one currency for a lot of different countries with different wishes and different history , languages and it is almost a miracle how much has been accomplished. Sure it is far from perfect and it will never be perfect.
It probably will take another century before the EZu will feel like one large entity to all its members.
But I am glad that the new souvereign UK will show the rest of the world how it should be done to become a large growing economy again, although I can not find one single thing you have that other countries do not have or does not profit from the EU. Oh yeah fish and chips  ;)

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #770 on: June 24, 2016, 01:40:21 pm »

That video was made up. Britain first provoked them to do that.
I completely understand they were provoked (by going with crosses) and I know who Britain first are. That does not change the fact what happened.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #771 on: June 24, 2016, 01:43:35 pm »

That video was made up. Britain first provoked them to do that.
I completely understand they were provoked (by going with crosses) and I know who Britain first are. That does not change the fact what happened.

They werent provoked by the crosses, they were provoked by the group such as being blocked, pushed, annoyed. Did you see the muslims in that video coming up to them and being rude or did the video just skip to the part of them being rude. As i said watch the bbc documentary on britain first, they interview the people in that video, they film things as best as they can and actually show the group setting things up to work the way they want.

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #772 on: June 24, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »
Will be interesting to see whom the separatists now will blame for their own following f*ckups. The EU was an easy target to blame for all and everything. Now they're in need to find new culprits  :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: jancumps

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #773 on: June 24, 2016, 01:51:07 pm »

Unbelievable naivety, in fact your comment demonstrates the type of ignorance that resulted in a leave vote.... FFS  :palm:

Oh no, I just restated what was already known that the people with more education voted for "Stay" and people with less education voted for "Leave". For reference, see for example: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/

Offline doobedoobedo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #774 on: June 24, 2016, 01:55:25 pm »
You all that wanted to leave seem to forget how much already is accomplished, take one currency for a lot of different countries with different wishes and different history , languages and it is almost a miracle how much has been accomplished.

That's worked out so well for Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal hasn't it. But so long as you're all right I guess that's OK.

Will be interesting to see whom the separatists now will blame for their own following f*ckups. The EU was an easy target to blame for all and everything. Now they're in need to find new culprits  :popcorn:

Separatists?

But, no more hiding behind the EU and saying "they made us do it!". Accountability is something we just voted for :), something distinctly lacking in the EU.

The following users thanked this post: nugglix

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf