General > General Technical Chat

Urgent request for US West Coast shipping contacts

(1/8) > >>

TerraHertz:
I have an urgent and extreme shipping requirement. I need to find a US west coast shipping logistics company that can undertake a difficult pickup and shipping project, with pickup near Sacramento IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO.

The project is detailed here: http://everist.org/dm/
(There's another version of that online with all the contact details, but that's for prospective contractors.)

It involves boxing and loading a 20' shipping container with a pile of technical manuals that will pretty much fill the container. Then shipping it to Sydney - but that's the easy part. The pickup is the insane part.

I have some inquiries in progress, but am seeking contact with other potential US shipping agents that might be capable of this job.
Any readers on the US West coast (or Oz) that are aware of potentially capable shipping companies, please post here.

Yes, I know it's crazy, and I know how much it will cost (approximately.) Call me nuts, I don't care.
And yes I can afford it.

Previous mention: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/goodies-on-ebay-disguised-as-scrap/msg3761939/#msg3761939

I wanted a rude username:
Just want to point out that if the congestion currently affecting US ports scuttles your plans, you can probably negotiate with the seller to pay for another year on that storage unit, and/or take it over from them.

Good luck, you magnificent bastard.

jpanhalt:
Intriguing.

Have you checked with "library movers" in the US?  "Iron Mountain" is one we routinely used for lots of paper storage.

TerraHertz:

--- Quote from: I wanted a rude username on October 27, 2021, 11:16:20 am ---Just want to point out that if the congestion currently affecting US ports scuttles your plans, you can probably negotiate with the seller to pay for another year on that storage unit, and/or take it over from them.
--- End quote ---

Re transfering the storage unit - unfortunately no. The seller says he's previously tried to transfer ownership to another family member, and the storage company refuses. They will only finish a lease if the unit is emptied and clean. Seems really inflexible to me, and I can see I'll probably end up trying to argue with them about it. But maybe it really won't be possible. This is the biggest uncertainty. Otherwise I'd just pay for another month.
And he's migrating to the East coast. Cannot retain any connection to the storage unit.

The ports congestion - yeah, JUST my bad luck with timing. But I am cynical about the situation improving any time soon, so best to try getting it out as soon as possible. (I believe the psychopathic death-cult Elites are seriously trying to smash the world economy and kill most of us. But lets not get into that discussion here. Just mentioning it as part of the background to why I'm trying hard to grab this manuals windfall. I consider it most unlikely to ever happen again, and even the shipping might soon become permanently impossible.)

--- Quote ---Good luck, you magnificent bastard.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Need it.

fcb:
Shipping is absolutley nuts at the moment and is only getting worse, I have family in shipping and they have never ever seen or heard of anything like it, the system is not creaking it is basically broken.

If it's important - you'd be better off getting on a plane and sorting it out in the US.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version