General > General Technical Chat

Vaping Device Teardown, Battery Waste and YouTube Ad Suitability

<< < (4/5) > >>

Zero999:

--- Quote from: kerencostley on May 16, 2022, 02:26:16 pm ---The idea in that comment about the moron detector made me laugh a lot. I used to vape a couple of years ago, and honestly, I don't trust these devices. The risk of counterfeiting is very high, especially when they are traded like candies.

--- End quote ---
That's a valid concern, which can applies even more so to cigarettes, which are cheaper to produce and subject to a much more tax.

eti:
Substance addiction, falling for fads, wanting to "look cool" and "my mates all have them" seem to override uncommon sense. LOL

AndyBeez:
I saw one of those vape things abandoned in the street yesterday, laying part crushed by the curb. It did cross my mind that there could be a really decent LiPo cell awaiting salvage - a la Big Clive. Then I thought, let's do the right thing and kick it into the drain, before anyone catches Monkey Pox. No, it didn't spontaneously explode on water contact.

A question, how exactly does China/Vietnam/Cambodia manufacture and FULLY charge LiPo cells so cheap for single use? UK wise, a juicey-flava vape is no more than £5 full retail. Bulk discounts available. The LiPo cells must be no dearer than a PP3 cell?

Zero999:

--- Quote from: AndyBeez on May 22, 2022, 04:35:20 pm ---I saw one of those vape things abandoned in the street yesterday, laying part crushed by the curb. It did cross my mind that there could be a really decent LiPo cell awaiting salvage - a la Big Clive. Then I thought, let's do the right thing and kick it into the drain, before anyone catches Monkey Pox. No, it didn't spontaneously explode on water contact.
--- End quote ---
If you weren't interested in salvaging anything, the best thing you could have done would have been to pick it up and throw it into the nearest rubbish bin. Kicking it down the drain was a bad idea, because most drains in the street, go into the local lake/river/groundwater, where any nasty chemicals such as those found in batteries, can harm the environment. If you didn't want to pick it up, then you should have just left it, for someone else to dispose of.

--- Quote ---A question, how exactly does China/Vietnam/Cambodia manufacture and FULLY charge LiPo cells so cheap for single use? UK wise, a juicey-flava vape is no more than £5 full retail. Bulk discounts available. The LiPo cells must be no dearer than a PP3 cell?
--- End quote ---
I honestly don't know. Tobacco is highly taxed in the UK, so any alternative will be cheaper to buy, even if it costs much more to make. The government don't want to tax vapes because they're over an order of magnitude less unhealthy, compared to tobacco. Banning the single use variety is a much better idea and would probably even benefit the user more.

themadhippy:

--- Quote ---People are extremely gullible to pump chemicals into their lungs
--- End quote ---
And these nasty chemicals are?  propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin ,both widely used in the food industry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version