Author Topic: Videos, about the UKs early [Ferranti] BJTs/IC industry 60s/70s, & its collapse  (Read 379 times)

Offline MK14Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Ferranti: Videos, about the UKs (Manchester etc) early BJTs/IC industry, and its collapse.
I've enjoyed watching the first video, which I wonder, is maybe really from the late 1960s perhaps?
I've not watched the others yet.

The first video, is a nice (I found it very interesting) introduction/documentary, about how early integrated circuits were designed, turned into masks, and then produced.  The packaging techniques, are also carefully explained and shown.
It even goes into the various extensive testing, at different stages.  Sometimes using computers of the time.
All I need now is a time machine, and an invitation to visit that site, while it was operational.  Lots of Gold, shown in the video(s).  It was probably considerably cheaper, then.

Warning, next one in German:

The end of Ferranti:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 01:23:06 am by MK14 »

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
One of my Dad’s friends sold their company to Ferranti, years ago. I know little about them (is this the same Ferranti?)

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline MK14Topic starter

• Super Contributor
One of my Dad’s friends sold their company to Ferranti, years ago. I know little about them (is this the same Ferranti?)

Can you say roughly what year, the company was sold and confirm it was an electronics/semiconductors/computers type of organisation?

I think, up to around 1993, it could be the same company.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf