Author Topic: Questions about Mavic Pro drone Wi-Fi mode  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Questions about Mavic Pro drone Wi-Fi mode
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:34:24 am »
The Mavic Pro has a dedicated RF mode (which uses some non-Wi-Fi frequencies for controlling the drone) and a Wi-Fi mode which uses the standard 802.11 wireless LAN signals. My questions are about its Wi-Fi mode. I know it has its own built-in router, so it assigns itself an IP address. Then when your Android tablet connects to it it assigns your tablet an IP address via DHCP. My question is, what address does it assign itself. In the most basic wireless network, there are 3 devices, each with its own IP address. There's Computer 1, Computer 2, and a router. I would like to know, in a default (not hacked/modded) Mavic Pro drone, what IP address is the router assigned, and what IP address is the Mavic's internal computer assigned?

I need to know these things, because before I buy a drone (Mavic Pro to be specific), I want to test the Android app to see if I like its look&feel. However to test all of its menus, I will need to make the app think it's connected to a drone (otherwise there are many menus that you can't access). And of course to do that, I will need to configure my home-network wireless router to behave like a Mavic Pro drone's router, as well as writting my own PC software to make my computer send the signals that a Mavic Pro would send (so the official DJI Android app that normally controls a drone, will THINK it's connected to a drone, and send all the signals to my laptop computer that will be behaving like a drone, from the DJI app's point of view). So the first 2 things I need to know are this:
What IP address is typically assigned to a Mavic's internal router?
What IP address is typically assigned to a Mavic's internal computer?

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Questions about Mavic Pro drone Wi-Fi mode
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:44:41 am »
Already on the second page of posts? Does nobody know the answers to these questions?

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Re: Questions about Mavic Pro drone Wi-Fi mode
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:35:00 am »
as a curiousity, could you not walk in to store that sells the model and ask for a demonstration flight to see it?

Most of these high end drones run a version of linux, generally with ftp and busybox preloaded, they have some other little applets installed to manage the hardware commands and the IMU processing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf