Author Topic: Wanted to Learn Electrolosis  (Read 1608 times)

Offline PurpleBumblebeeTopic starter

Wanted to Learn Electrolosis
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:57 pm »
Hello my name is Gary. I would really like to get into electrolosis because I’ve always found elctrolosis stuff cool. Like I seen little robots and small electrolosis projecs that i’ve always wanted to do but I dont know what exactly what I need to get started. I no ive heard on videos about a soddering iron, ill probably need to get one of those but I was thinking that since i have a plug in wood burner if i could use that? ive also thought it would be cool to make like my own tazer, but one that you can plug into the wall so its real high powered - does any one no of a good step by step for something like this. also where is the best place to buy sodder? I was at my local supermarket and they have a small, small hardware section but I noticed they carried sodder it came in a small tube though and it was quite expensive - $8. is there a better way to buy it, like in a big roll or something? the tube looked like it came with very little sodder. I went ahead and got it because i thought if i could get some help on here then i could sodder some small electrolosis strings together as practice tonite with my wood burner. I saved the little metal electrolosis string-things from a pair of broken earphones. I dont have two much money to spend on stuff, I barely bought the sodder because I thought it was a little pricey for the quantity. Back to what I was saying about the tazer, I think it would be really cool like if it could like shoot the electrolosis strings out kind of like the ones the police have, not the handheld kind like women cary in their purse.

P.S. Look, its homer  (8(l)    ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Regular Contributor
Re: Wanted to Learn Electrolosis
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:33:51 am »
Building a tazer is probably not the best project to start on. If your calculations are incorrect you would probably kill whatever you shot it at which would not be good.  Electrolysis is the wrong work I think you were after Electronics  ;D

If you are just looking for parts and stuff to play around with you could go to your local electronics repair shop and see what they are throwing out then pull the part off a board and see what you can make. Good solder will make work east the same as getting a temperature regulated soldering iron. Learning with a wood burner and crap solder can work but it will be hard. I use to solder with a lpg gas torch and solder that was way too thick which looks messy but worked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf