General > General Technical Chat

Server Error Reports

<< < (101/142) > >>

YetAnotherTechie:
Have you seen: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/news/news-forum-reverted-to-backup/125/ ?
I still don't get anything from eevblog on my hotmail account.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: tautech on May 14, 2021, 07:38:41 am ---
--- Quote from: bitseeker on May 14, 2021, 07:33:57 am ---First time I've gotten this error:

--- Quote ---Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

--- End quote ---

Occurred about a minute ago. The post I submitted was still saved, though. :-//

--- End quote ---
Sporadically had this too since the server was last down. Posting or viewing.

--- End quote ---

I believe we are still running on a single server box since the fire.

gnif:
Just an update on the above..

We are fully operational on two servers again and have been for a little bit now. :)

tautech:

--- Quote from: gnif on August 27, 2021, 02:07:04 am ---Just an update on the above..

We are fully operational on two servers again and have been for a little bit now. :)

--- End quote ---
:-//
A day, a week or a month ?
Yet it seems we still have some issues with server overloads ....at least at my end when connection fails.

What to the logs look like ?

RoGeorge:
That's great, thank you!  :)

May I kindly ask if we can have a preview that renders math formulas (at preview time, before pressing Post).  Right now the preview does not render the graphic form for math formulas.  I can see the drawn equations only after pressing Post, which is cumbersome when there is more complicated formulas to write.

Example:

--- Code: ---Write a line of text with the inline formula \$ a = b + c \$, or a formula in display mode (aka single line centered formula)\[ x = y + z \] The formulas will only appear rendered in their graphical form only after posting the message, but not at preview.
--- End code ---

Write a line of text with the inline formula \$ a = b + c \$, or a formula in display mode (aka single line centered formula)\[ x = y + z \] The formulas will only appear rendered in their graphical form only after posting the message, but not at preview.

This is not a critical bug, but rather a nice to have, and only if it doesn't mess anything else.

For now (if that helps debugging) I've found a workaround:
- press Reply to get to the edit post page
- save the Reply page on disk (from the web browser, mine is Firefox ESR)
- click to open in another browser tab the saved page from the local disk
- edit the reply text and the formula in the tab that was opened from the local disk
- press Preview in the tab opened from the local disk, this will show a "live" preview coming from EEVblog, a preview with the formulas rendered   ;D
- at another press of the preview (from the "live" page), the formulas will not be rendered
- now, if I want to make further edits, I press "back" in the browser, so to arrive again at the reply page that was opened from local disk, edit and press preview again, that will open again a preview coming from the EEVblog (including rendered formulas) and so on
- once the reply text and all formulas are OK in the reply tab that was opened from the local disk, press "Post".
 :phew:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version