General > General Technical Chat

Server Error Reports

<< < (104/105) > >>

MK14:
On Dec 20th 2021, at around 8:27 PM (UTC and UK time), the Forum server disappeared, completely (including downforjustme or everyone types of tests), for around 5 minutes or so.

(I did not note the exact time, so could be out by a few minutes).

--- Quote ---Down for Everyone or Just Me
Short URL @ 
downfor.io
Eevblog.com Status
Is eevblog.com down right now?
It's not just you! eevblog.com is down.

--- End quote ---

RoGeorge:
Can confirm that, too, but it was only for a very short time.
Probably just a minor version bump that required a server restart...

Source:  https://www.infosecurity.us/blog/2021/12/19/log4j-the-meme-2
 ;D

gnif:
There was no outage on our end during that period. More likely a down route between you an the server as we were processing requests throughout the reported period without interruption (see attached)

dunkemhigh:
I can see the problem. Your local time is "24 January 2022, 20:39:06" and the chart is "2022-01-25-064231".

MK14:

--- Quote from: gnif on January 24, 2022, 07:43:35 pm ---There was no outage on our end during that period. More likely a down route between you an the server as we were processing requests throughout the reported period without interruption (see attached)

--- End quote ---

Wow. So, because myself, RoGeorge and (presumably) the DownForEveryOne IP checker, perhaps used a common European or other internet route. We all had difficulties getting to EEVblog.com.
That makes sense, as other people who were unaffected, wouldn't know their's was working while ours wasn't. So they wouldn't have reported that it was working at that time, just assumed they weren't using it at that time.
Thanks for results. It didn't occur to me, that multiple people (using the same massive internet routes), could have problems, nothing to do with EEVblog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version