General > General Technical Chat

Server Error Reports

<< < (123/142) > >>

gnif:
Already reported in the other thread, investigating

Edit: This is fixed

m k:
I've recently had few hiccups.
First one was few minutes where page was finally loaded but content was database error.
Possibly just a database restart.

Now login and post were acting up, maybe timed out somehow but without updated Firefox window.
Like where post reply page is still present but new post is also live.
Maybe database machine has some issues.

I'm also quite sure I saw gnif's edit of a post about Steve Bannon and law where sub forum of deleted messages was mentioned.
Search can't find it anymore.

gnif:

--- Quote from: m k on June 02, 2023, 09:34:50 am ---I've recently had few hiccups.
First one was few minutes where page was finally loaded but content was database error.
Possibly just a database restart.

--- End quote ---

We do not do database restarts, it was likely a peak load period, we get them from time to time.

--- Quote from: m k on June 02, 2023, 09:34:50 am ---Now login and post were acting up, maybe timed out somehow but without updated Firefox window.
Like where post reply page is still present but new post is also live.
Maybe database machine has some issues.

--- End quote ---

This is just latency in the server responding to you after posting, the new data was clearly inserted into the database and some kind of latency caused you to hang on the post page while waiting. There are no DB issues.

--- Quote from: m k on June 02, 2023, 09:34:50 am ---I'm also quite sure I saw gnif's edit of a post about Steve Bannon and law where sub forum of deleted messages was mentioned.
Search can't find it anymore.

--- End quote ---

When someone replies to a topic we can't just delete it, it must be manually moved to a "Deleted" area of the forums. We do not actually delete posts fully so that we have a record of why people were banned, etc. SMF by default has set to post a redirect link when you move a thread, I accidentally left this enabled. This area of the forum is not available to the public.

RoGeorge:
Can log and browse but can not post from Ro, when using usual browsers (e.g. firefox/ubuntu).  This post was made through a VPN.  The error is session timeout, please try to logoff/login again, but whatever I do it does not fix the err.

Any advice how to fix this, please?

gnif:
Right in the middle of some minor changes, that might be the cause. Please hold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version