Author Topic: Server Error Reports  (Read 719016 times)

Offline gnifTopic starter

• Administrator
Re: Server Error Reports
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2018, 03:30:35 am »
Thanks, I will look into it shortly, likely someone posted an image again that is dimensionally crazy large.

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2018, 04:33:09 am »
gnif, a page that just won't load or any of the posts in it.  :-//
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/msg1663322/#new

That's page 43. The first page in the thread and others load just fine. I can see who's posted in the Test Equipment board and then check their posts to view it and then Reply from within that member posts page.
Seen this problem for a couple of hours at least now so ~midday Sydney time onwards.
TIA

This has been fixed (image removed), a Microsoft Bitmap was uploaded to the forum with a .png extension. SMF yet again crashed out due to it's inability to check mime types...  |O

The following users thanked this post: tautech, 2N3055

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2018, 04:46:22 am »
Hi gnif
Dunno if you can see it but the forum and EEVblog main page have been painfully slow to load and work with for the last few hours......like  :=\

All the other sites I'm using, no problem, quick as a flash !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Neilm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2018, 06:55:59 pm »
It is loading fine for me at the moment (7:55 BST)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Tesla referral code https://ts.la/neil53539

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2018, 02:27:00 am »
Logs over the last week show now issues with the hosting or slow load times, and my manual spot checks have not turned up any problems.

I find it amusing though, people now really notice if it's slow... when I started helping dave out, it was normal to be slow, and people only complained if it was down.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:29:05 am by gnif »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2018, 01:26:43 pm »
The short outage that just occurred was due to a connectivity failure at the data center.  EEVBlog and several other clients that host at the same data center were offline for this period. Nothing to be concerned about :)

Offline billrabinowitz

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2019, 04:40:44 pm »
keep getting an error message when I try to post a question

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2019, 05:15:34 pm »
keep getting an error message when I try to post a question

Not much I can do if you don't report what the error message is.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2019, 09:38:00 am »
Hi gnif,

When using Tapatalk, for the last few weeks links to photos hosted on the form are appearing as broken links.
It appears to correspond to this Tapatalk issue: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/photos-problem-t40891.html
Which they eventually think is caused by "We find the domain of your forum registered in Tapatalk is HTTP protocol. But the attachments were uploaded to the HTTPS domain."
We have been https for some time now, so this may be a red herring or has the hosting of attached files been recently changed on the server?

Thanks,
Towger.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2019, 03:06:02 am »
500 Internal Server Error on Youtube videos.

Seems something has gone wrong around the SMF Youtube processor.  All Youtube videos I've checked (new and old) no longer work, despite the code being correct.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2019, 03:16:25 am »

Seems something has gone wrong around the SMF Youtube processor.  All Youtube videos I've checked (new and old) no longer work, despite the code being correct.

Just checked the short Drone one I posted in the TEA thread earlier and it is fine. So  :-//
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2019, 03:52:19 am »

Just checked the short Drone one I posted in the TEA thread earlier and it is fine. So  :-//
Now they are fine but YT links were down when Brumby posted.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2019, 04:35:58 am »
Yes, confirming all OK now.

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2019, 08:43:00 pm »
Bug report: login never works in the mobile site.

Symptom: when trying to log in in the mobile site, it always fails if the login period is set to forever.

Expected behavior: after putting in the correct login credentials, selecting “keep logged in” on the mobile login page and hitting the login button, the user should be logged in.

Observed behavior: Instead of logging the user in, the error message “The login session has timed out” appears and the user is not logged in.

Platform: iOS 12, iPhone 7 and iPad mini 5th generation.

Note: logging on the desktop site, then switch to the mobile site is a viable workaround, but it doesn’t work very well on small-screen devices like iPhone due to the font size.

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2019, 02:25:05 pm »
Servers were just upgraded to PHP 7.2, please excuse the short outage that occurred during this.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2019, 02:31:15 pm »
It did also reset the "Show unread posts since last visit" pointer.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2019, 02:32:21 pm »
Yup, sorry about that, the session information was lost during the upgrade, which was unavoidable.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2019, 02:44:42 pm »
Servers were just upgraded to PHP 7.2, please excuse the short outage that occurred during this.

The following users thanked this post: gnif

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2019, 02:53:23 am »
Sorry for the outage people, Dave installed a mod that broke things. Up and running again :)

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, edavid, beanflying

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2019, 02:55:00 am »
Sorry for the outage people, Dave installed a mod that broke things. Up and running again :)

Bloody Murphy Dave ;-)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2019, 02:58:37 am »

Bloody Murphy Dave ;-)

I'll cop it!
Never had a mod take down the forum before, SMF has always played nice in that regard.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2019, 04:55:07 am »

Bloody Murphy Dave ;-)

I'll cop it!
Never had a mod take down the forum before, SMF has always played nice in that regard.
Nice, you fixed the double flags !  :clap:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2019, 05:01:38 am »

Bloody Murphy Dave ;-)

I'll cop it!

Generally not an issue but I was maintaining a hidden dummy forum to try mods and play with layouts before unleashing them on public forums. Might be worth it especially when SMF 2.1 'finally' gets released to try out any current mods and tweaks you have installed prior to upgrading the Forum proper.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2019, 06:34:14 am »
Running 'testing' forum of this size and complex configuration is a feat in itself. To accurately test how things will behave the configuration has to be near-identical, cluster configuration and all. That said when the next version is out of RC I plan to perform an install and test how the migration to it goes, I am dreading it however as I know that most (all?) mods/plugins will break.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2019, 06:54:12 am »
Running 'testing' forum of this size and complex configuration is a feat in itself. To accurately test how things will behave the configuration has to be near-identical, cluster configuration and all. That said when the next version is out of RC I plan to perform an install and test how the migration to it goes, I am dreading it however as I know that most (all?) mods/plugins will break.

I am not right up to speed on where 2.1 is heading but the early on MODS not working from 2.0 to 2.1 is still the same by the sounds of it then. I do know a few of the mod devs had already made versions that were running on the Beta but still suspect. Even when it comes out might be worth hanging back to see if there is carnage on other forums first. Testing forum will never be perfect but it did save me when MOD's conflicted occasionally.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf