Author Topic: Server Error Reports  (Read 719145 times)

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
Re: Server Error Reports
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2019, 07:22:32 am »
Running 'testing' forum of this size and complex configuration is a feat in itself. To accurately test how things will behave the configuration has to be near-identical, cluster configuration and all. That said when the next version is out of RC I plan to perform an install and test how the migration to it goes, I am dreading it however as I know that most (all?) mods/plugins will break.

A good reason to be sure you need a plugin before adding it.

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2019, 11:23:35 am »
It seems there might be something wrong with this post.  Clicking on it returns a 504.  I wonder if someone posted an improper image or something? (It wasn't me this time)   

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1204x-e-released-for-domestic-markets-in-china/

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2019, 11:27:18 am »
It seems there might be something wrong with this post.  Clicking on it returns a 504.  I wonder if someone posted an improper image or something? (It wasn't me this time)   

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1204x-e-released-for-domestic-markets-in-china/
Yep reported and also mentioned here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/504-gateway-time-out-214220/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline gnifTopic starter

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2019, 11:33:56 am »
And as stated in the other thread, there is nothing I can do at current sorry as I am out of the country in an area with very poor internet connectivity. I will attend to it as soon as possible but no promises on when at this time.

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2019, 03:50:26 pm »
And as stated in the other thread, there is nothing I can do at current sorry as I am out of the country in an area with very poor internet connectivity. I will attend to it as soon as possible but no promises on when at this time.

Sorry, I didn't see the other post.  I wasn't sure where to post a problem report.  Anyway, the thread in question opens just fine in IE or private Window Firefox, so it just has something to do with my FireFox plug-ins.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2019, 04:25:18 pm »

Sorry, I didn't see the other post.  I wasn't sure where to post a problem report.  Anyway, the thread in question opens just fine in IE or private Window Firefox, so it just has something to do with my FireFox plug-ins.

It is about page 60: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1204x-e-released-for-domestic-markets-in-china/1475/

It doesn't open Chrome, Edge, IE or Firefox.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2019, 07:46:56 am »
I think the problem could be that the attachments are named *.PNG but are in fact BMP files?

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2019, 09:38:11 am »
I found a bug with the 'Insert Code' feature.  Example:

Click just below the link 'select'.
Code: [Select]
module vid_pattern_generator(
input wire pclk,
input wire reset,
input wire pc_ena,      // Pixel clock enable
input wire hde_in, // Horizontal Display Enable - high when in display area (valid drawing area)
input wire vde_in, // Vertical Display Enable - high when in display area (valid drawing area)
input wire hs_in, // horizontal sync
input wire vs_in, // vertical sync

output reg hde_out,
output reg vde_out,
output reg hs_out,
output reg vs_out,

output reg [RGB_hbit:0] r_out,
output reg [RGB_hbit:0] g_out,
output reg [RGB_hbit:0] b_out,

);

parameter RGB_hbit    = 1;  // 1 will make the RGB ports go from 1 to 0, eg [1:0].  I know others prefer a '2' here for 2 bits

always @(posedge clk)
begin
if (reset) // global reset
begin

end
else
begin
if (pc_ena) // once per pixel
begin

// ***************  insert generator code here
// ***************  also remember to pass through the hde,vde,hs_out,vs_out
// ***************  in the future, numerous delay sizes may be needed if you are performing functions which take multiple clocks before a true pixel becomes valid

end
end
end // always @clk
endmodule

Just above, where I said 'Click on this code [select], the text in the code box should have been highlighted, or copied into my windows text clipboard where I should have been able to paste the ASCII text into my own text editor.  However, clicking on the '[select]' does nothing at all.

I'm using Firefox.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2019, 10:27:17 am »
I'm using Firefox.

I can confirm it doesn't work in Firefox but it works fine in Chrome, Edge and IE. Not sure if this is a server problem or a Firefox one.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2019, 10:40:32 am »
I'm using Firefox.

I can confirm it doesn't work in Firefox but it works fine in Chrome, Edge and IE. Not sure if this is a server problem or a Firefox one.

I just tried another community software engineering forum who has the same feature, using Firefox, and it works fine.  This forum must be using some special coding which isn't compatible with Firefox.

In Firefox on this forum, going over the code 'select' with my mouse shows a 'javascript:void(0)' at the bottom left of my browser.
On the third party forum, moving my mouse over their code 'select all' shows a valid https link.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2019, 10:45:18 am »
I'm using Firefox.

Tested in Firefox 70.0.1 (the very latest production version) and it fails. Doesn't in other browsers, as previously noted.

If you fire up the Firefox web console you see the following messages:

WARNING: cdn.mathjax.org has been retired. Check https://www.mathjax.org/cdn-shutting-down/ for migration tips. MathJax.js:32:13
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.12.4/jquery.min.js”. new:1:1
IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount 4 new:47
    smfSelectText https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/website-error-reports/new/?topicseen#new line 5 > eval:47
    onclick https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/website-error-reports/new/?topicseen#new:1

So it looks like it's both Firefox and SMF in combination. Obviously it's the index error that's causing the problem and it's probably related to the failure to load ajax.googleapis.<snip>. Note that I can quite happily load the ajax.googleapis... javascript in a different Firefox window so something about SMF is causing it to fail to load.

That mathjax deprecation warning looks like it needs attending to as well.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2019, 01:10:53 am »
We are back, it seems somebody decided to attack the site on xmas day as we were the target of a distributed DDoS attack.

For those reporting bugs/problems with the forum, I am sorry but this thread is for server errors only, not forum bugs.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Andy Watson, helmuthh, gnavigator1007, beanflying

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2019, 06:07:52 pm »
I now receive this popup from Chrome when I login :

"Change your password."
"A data breach on a site or app exposed your password. Chrome recommends changing your password on www.eevblog.com now."

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2019, 05:22:57 am »
I now receive this popup from Chrome when I login :

"Change your password."
"A data breach on a site or app exposed your password. Chrome recommends changing your password on www.eevblog.com now."

Not on Firefox mind you, that also have the same functionality working.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2020, 01:19:54 am »
We're getting database errors when posting. Nothing happens when I get the error, but I saw one case where a post went through despite showing the error page.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2020, 07:02:43 pm »
Still getting a DB error, e.g., when modifying and then trying to save the original post of the TEA thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg1114480/
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2020, 04:59:05 am »
Starting around 04:50 UTC this morning, load times in the tens of seconds to minutes with sporadic 502s. Maybe it's just one of the small children playing with a toy ion cannon again.

Offline orbanp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2020, 01:37:56 pm »
Post formatting error
Whenever I post new lines are randomly left out from my posting.Makes the posting all jumbled up.This is the only forum I am encountering this problem.I am using Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 18.04 with KDE front end.Just look at this posting!
Peter

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2020, 09:12:43 pm »
Apart from last nights outage and Server issues there is another problem that reared it's head yesterday.

Broken thumbnails not linking correctly to the picture that was uploaded. I 'fixed' one post by removing and replacing the files in the TEA thread but I have left this one https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/3d-printer-yet/msg3103687/#msg3103687 broken for a look.

The thing in common with the breakage is there is a space in the file name.

The edit and new post screen appears different in the attachment area as of yesterday so was there a new MOD installed yesterday or a different version of one installed? I suspect there is now a conflict with one of the file upload ones installed.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2020, 01:24:41 am »
Apart from last nights outage and Server issues there is another problem that reared it's head yesterday.

Broken thumbnails not linking correctly to the picture that was uploaded. I 'fixed' one post by removing and replacing the files in the TEA thread but I have left this one https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/3d-printer-yet/msg3103687/#msg3103687 broken for a look.

The thing in common with the breakage is there is a space in the file name.

The edit and new post screen appears different in the attachment area as of yesterday so was there a new MOD installed yesterday or a different version of one installed? I suspect there is now a conflict with one of the file upload ones installed.

This should be resolved as it was part of last nights efforts and I have regenerated the thumbnail in question.

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, beanflying

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2020, 01:48:32 am »
I have forced the server to re-generate all thumbnails going as far back as the initial report of the issue (15th June). Please report if this happens again.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, beanflying

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2020, 04:14:07 am »
It has happened here just a little while ago - https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg3104394/#msg3104394

The pic of a small speaker titled 1-Taming the Speaker.jpg now has the thumb from and seems to point to a pic from a later post; mnem-mask.jpg.

And here as well, recently; last time I was on thread this post was correct as well: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg3103998/#msg3103998

The image bean's Post.png SHOULD be a screencap of a TEA thread post by beanflying; that image now has the thumb from and seems to point to the battery image from the above post.

I usually use Firefox on my PCs; I brought up the thread on my iPad/Firefox and still FUBAR the same way, so not a local cache issue. Same behavior in Edge.

This may be related to another bug that has been happening for months; when posting multiple images, IF the posting process is interrupted for a new post warning, the damned thing just forgets the first pic. It attaches the rest of the pics normally, but that first one you ALWAYS have to go back and attach again.

As you can see, most of my pics in that post have spaces in the title; however the only one it barfed up was the first one, which I had re-uploaded because of the other bug. :-//

Let me know when you're done reviewing those posts and if you need I'll go back and re-attach the correct images.

Thanks,

mnem
Déjà vu: Best enjoyed as a garnish with wine, cheese and baguettes.

alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2020, 04:34:14 am »
SMF doesn't care about the filename, it stores all attachments as a hash of the file contents and references them via a table. There are two possible reasons why this happened:

1) The bug you mentioned
2) The maintenance last night was intended to correct some sync issues between the web servers as the database cluster had lost sync. Normally this would be fine, but there were other factors at play at the same time that prevented them from determining who was the "latest" and both were accepting update/insert queries at the same time (split-brain).

I should have been clearer I am sorry, if this is seen on new posts as of today, please let me know. Feel free to fix any that are messed up from prior.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2020, 06:09:28 am »
Did something change today with the forum compatibility settings ? All the other sites are fine but I can no longer access the forum from my TV in the bedroom which runs an old crappy version of Chrome 22. I have reset everything my end but still get an Error 113 as shown in the image below. This message was posted from my main PC in the study.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf