Author Topic: Server Error Reports  (Read 260007 times)

seronday and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Server Error Reports
« Reply #450 on: April 19, 2021, 01:16:24 am »
Is there still some unsolved performance/speed issues Dave ?
Forum seems pretty snappy again.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #451 on: April 19, 2021, 01:47:05 am »
Is there still some unsolved performance/speed issues Dave ?
Forum seems pretty snappy again.

The redundant server box still isn't fully operational.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2021, 02:32:16 pm »
Just FIY, not a big deal, but there is a bug I don't recall seeing it before:

- test between the "code" tags is supposed to remain verbatim, as typed, however
- if there is an URL address inside the "code" section, an "URL" tag is inserted automatically
- even when the message is edited again to manually remove the "url" tags, the "url" tag will appear again when published

For example, in this post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/fpga/arrow-deca-max-10-board-for-$37/msg3558204/#msg3558204 the url and slash url inside the "code" section were not added by me, then deleted, yet still there.   :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 02:35:32 pm by RoGeorge »

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2021, 02:41:26 pm »
While reporting the above bug, just stepped into another url related bug.   :-DD

- url addresses containing the $ char in the url will result in a broken link, like this
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/fpga/arrow-deca-max-10-board-for-$37/msg3558204/#msg3558204

instead of this (manually added an empty url then pasted the url once after url = and once between the url open and close tag, for the display name:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/fpga/arrow-deca-max-10-board-for-$37/msg3558204/#msg3558204

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2021, 07:39:30 pm »
FORUM BUG
Threads and posts are disappearing !

Has the forum been compromised/hacked ?

Then I find this on Discord:  :o

And that thread is gone walkabout too !
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:20:06 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
« Reply #455 on: May 02, 2021, 10:09:52 pm »
Server has been restored from dayish-old backup:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/news/news-forum-reverted-to-backup/

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2021, 10:04:16 am »
Server has been restored from dayish-old backup:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/news/news-forum-reverted-to-backup/

Yes, and as a result some posts in the last day or so will have been lost unfortunately.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Escaping The Suck*
« Reply #457 on: Yesterday at 07:41:38 pm »
As if you guys didn't already have enough to deal with... I was just curious how eevBlog/SMH is supposed to handle animated GIFs now.

It used to be, I could attach animated GIFs along with a post without issue, as long as they were small enuf. If a GIF was too large, I'd resize it using one of the online GIF editors, save it to my machine and then attach it. Never had any problems doing this; even with transparent background GIFs.

Ever since shortly after eevBlog was infested with the pic-eating random wandering singularity, ;) any animated GIF I attach does not seem to work properly; they don't actually animate, and transparent ones appear with a black background. ???

Pre-existing ones attached prior to that event all seem to work fine; transparency, animation all perfectly normal.

It's obviously not a high priority... I just wondered if there was an extension or add-on that was supposed to handle this sort of stuff which had been disabled, either accidentally or on purpose, or whatever.  :-//

Cheers,

mnem

Online bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #458 on: Yesterday at 08:20:53 pm »
dlattach is not sending animated gifs down. Only first frame by the looks.

This is one reason I usually use imgur. 

Also the attachment previews take bloody forever to load so when there are quite a few attachments in a post the page slowly loads like it's on dialup.

One day in the distant future someone will write some forum software that isn't a pile of excrement. So far the human race has not succeeded :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Escaping The Suck*
« Reply #459 on: Yesterday at 11:04:45 pm »
I get that; except we have lots of posts where somebody links to something offsite and the vagaries of the internet break the pic. I have dozens of posts on IMGUR that no longer point to the correct URL, and we won't talk aboot my PhotoBuckethole PITAs...

As a result, for the last year or two I try to make sure the attachments are actually right there with the post... so that even when I'm gone, future readers won't be going "WFT wazzat a-hole talkin' aboot...?" because the attachment vaporized.

There will still be plenty of "WFT wazzat a-hole talkin' aboot...?" because of the "content", I'm sure, but at least the "content" will be there.  :-DD

mnem
*mal-content*

Online bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #460 on: Today at 06:48:54 am »
Imgur has been ok for me. Haven’t seen anything disappear into a void yet.  :-//

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Escaping The Suck*
« Reply #461 on: Today at 07:17:35 pm »
You're still alive, and your UMGUR account still active. How it was explained to me was that when you don't post anything new for a while and nobody replies to your stuff, your account goes inactive and is transferred to their secondary/long-term servers and that can cause some links to break.

Consider the average age of those in the TEA thread, for example; that attrition rate immediately becomes a concern.

mnem
 :popcorn:

Online bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #462 on: Today at 07:32:56 pm »
I post all my stuff on imgur anonymously.

I get your point though. One reason I want to do a proper archive job. Everything be it internal to the forum or external to it has the same archive priority.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor

Online Anthocyanina

• Regular Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #464 on: Today at 07:50:03 pm »
Was told it would be a good idea to post this kind of error here, so i'm pasting my post from the beginners section (I didn't know where else to post when i did)
Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't been able to consistently post/edit my posts lately. i get this error a lot. I've already tried on different computers and on different networks and i get this same error  :scared:

Edit: found out it's been happening a lot more often when trying to attach more than one file at once, just had to edit a post attaching 1 file each time for it to work. trying to attach two or more files would result in the error
« Last Edit: Today at 07:58:30 pm by Anthocyanina »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf