Author Topic: Weird problem with firefox and my youtube account.  (Read 2854 times)

Offline firewalkerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Weird problem with firefox and my youtube account.
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:50:11 am »
The last week or so, youtube doesn't work properly when logged in with a specific account. If I am not logged in or I am logged in with accounts different from the "problematic" one everything is just fine.

Upon choosing to login with the specific account, youtube page will hang for a while (A web page is slowing down your browser). After finally the login process completes, I can only play videos opened from the youtube front page. Opening a video in a new tab for example will crash the youtube page and the video doesn't play.

A video demonstrating the issue:

https://youtu.be/OJ2KPc821Zo

I have tried everything. Cleaning cookies, cache etc. The problem even happens with a brand new profile in safe-mode.

It evens happens on a different machine (I have never used) running Windows 7. What part of my account makes Firefox behave this way?

Latest version of Firefox 61.0.2 (64-bit) on ArchLinux.

All other browsers function properly (Chome, Chromium, Konquerror).

How can I debug such a problem?

When the pages stops this is the error on the console:
Code: [Select]
            !!! [Parent][DispatchAsyncMessage] Error: PClientSourceOp::Msg___delete__ Route error: message sent to unknown actor ID

!!! [Parent][DispatchAsyncMessage] Error: PClientSourceOp::Msg___delete__ Route error: message sent to unknown actor ID

[Child 20461, MediaPlayback #3] WARNING: Decoder=7f49ea87b2e0 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::mozpromise<refptr&lt;mozilla::mediatrackdemuxer::samplesholder&gt;, #1]="" #2]="" #3]="" #4]="" &gt;="" (0x806e0005)="" -="" 20461,="" 3411="" <="" [child="" build="" decode="" decoder="7f49ea87b2e0" detached.:="" dom="" error:="" file="" firefox="" is="" line="" manager="" media="" mediadecoderstatemachine.cpp,="" mediaplayback="" mozilla-unified="" mozilla::mediaresult,="" mozilla::mediasourcetrackdemuxer::dogetsamples(int32_t):="" ns_error_dom_media_fatal_err="" p="" refptr<mozilla::mozpromise<refptr&lt;mozilla::mediatrackdemuxer::samplesholder&gt;,="" src="" true&gt;="" warning:=""></mozilla::mozpromise<refptr&lt;mozilla::mediatrackdemuxer::samplesholder&gt;,>
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
Re: Weird problem with firefox and my youtube account.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:15:21 pm »
from time to time something in the firefox account profile craps out and youtube stutters, AFAIK the only solution is to save all that is to be saved (or just use firefox sync), delete profile, create new profile and import everything in the new profile

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 02:54:09 pm »
Doesn't makes a difference. I even tried it on a machine with a diferent OS with a fresh install of Firefox. When logging in with my specific youtube account, youtube stops to function properly.

Alexander.

Offline GlennSprigg

• Super Contributor
  • Medically retired Tech. Old School / re-learning !
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:35:18 pm »
I have a personal interest in this problem.
Can you please try downloading/installing the following......

https://www.avast.com/en-au/secure-browser

It is better than 'Firefox', but do NOT import ANY settings etc. !!!
And get back to me
Diagonal of 1x1 square = Root-2. Ok.
Diagonal of 1x1x1 cube = Root-3 !!!  Beautiful !!

Offline gnif

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:36:07 pm »
I have a personal interest in this problem.
Can you please try downloading/installing the following......

https://www.avast.com/en-au/secure-browser

It is better than 'Firefox', but do NOT import ANY settings etc. !!!
And get back to me

In your opinion. The OP asked for how to fix Firefox, not how to change to another browser. He has already reported that other browsers work fine, and it is a specific issue with FF. He also reported he is running ArchLinux which avast do not support.

The last week or so, youtube doesn't work properly when logged in with a specific account. If I am not logged in or I am logged in with accounts different from the "problematic" one everything is just fine.

I have seen this before but in Chromium, the cause was a buggy video driver. If you're running a recent AMD card, try an updated kernel, if nvidia perhaps try the binary driver or update it.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 03:39:25 am »
Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration? I don't use Firefox but from memory it's under Options > General > Deselect "Use recommended performance settings" > Deselect "Use hardware acceleration".

On some system it fixes video glitching.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 10:48:43 am »
Yes I have tried every combination. I use Intel 3000 gpu.

It must be a script with a specific option for the specific account. It work normally with any other account I have used.

I don;t believe it hardware problem, because when login finally completes all the videos play fine if opened from the youtube first page, or if the video is embedded in a forum. It will fail when opening a video to a new tab or window. And also the problem is present in any computer I tried. Regardless of OS and hardware.

Alexander.

Offline station240

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 12:31:16 pm »
I recall Youtube are now using a javascript library, a small part of which doesn't work at all in Firefox.
Google would rather people use their browser, and so aren't that interested in fixing it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 07:10:48 pm »
FYI from yesterday it is fixed. Didn;t do anything. It just started working again.

Alexander.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf