Author Topic: Farnell screwed up again?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline MTTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Farnell screwed up again?
« on: August 09, 2017, 09:50:27 pm »
Farwell screwed up in May now in August i cant see the pricing row which i always could earlier, now i have to go to the bottom of a page and "violently-in-anger" jerk the row view ruler bar crap despite Farwell have left lots of right hand space in the product rows , anyone else see the same crap?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:58:23 pm by MT »

Offline SparkFly

• Regular Contributor
Re: Farnell screwed up again?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:30:16 am »
A few years ago Farnell had (imo) a great website. It loaded fast and was easy to navigate. Then for some reason they 'upgraded' to something that was slow as a sloth. Now they change their website just enough every few months to throw you off, just as you get used to the existing format.

This coupled with some serious lack of communication (ie my order not being delivered next day because of "extra checks", but with no notification until I chased them up two days later) losing my at least 3 days of work, means I will probably not be buying from Farnell again in the near future. It literally would've been faster and cheaper (taking into account lost work) to have ordered components form Digikey in the US on the other side of the world than to have ordered from Farnell who are not even 1.5 hrs away by car.

Used to love Farnell. Don't like them now.

rant over, sorry.  :-[

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:39:34 am »
RS fanboy here after getting shafted by Farnell for 3 orders in a row on allocated stock items that suddenly disappeared at the packing step. Usually slightly more expensive than Farnell with worse MOQs, particularly on older ICs when you need one for a repair job. But they will fix any cock ups instantly, the call centre staff aren't idiots and the stuff actually gets to you next day in one single consignment not from all over the place by different carriers.

Farnell has the best parametric search implementation, but the RS one actually has useful data in it so Farnell lose there as well.

The thing that annoys me is I can do an order from Tayda in Thailand with 50-70 lines in it for less than $10 and it turns up spot on every time. Farnell can fuck up a 4 line order for £500 and send it in three consignments.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:41:24 am by bd139 »

Offline MTTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:33:39 pm »
God lordy! If i do a search on STM32F4 then pricing row can be seen in both modes, but if doing a search on STM32 etc
then pricing row is out! :horse:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:01:29 pm by MT »

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »
I used the Farnellpage quite a while. But in the last time it felt like it's loading quite slow so i switched to Digikey and Mouser.

Offline Kingjon

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

New to the forums here. and have to say Farnell have been really poor with some of my stock. it seems really random with whats in stock and I've had things arrive many months later after I forgot I even ordered them. I've used Mouser a few times now and I've been very impressed with the delivery time to the UK and packing.

Also HELLO

Jon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf