Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2779593 times)

Gixy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #10400 on: May 09, 2021, 07:06:06 pm »
And, a Chinese ultrasonic cleaner...
Thomas

Congrats on your purchase.

Can't unsee the fat belly, though.

Offline TSCOLAN

• Contributor
« Reply #10401 on: May 09, 2021, 09:52:31 pm »
Thomas

|O Maybe a calibration problem...

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, DrG

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10402 on: May 10, 2021, 04:30:19 am »
|O Maybe a calibration problem...

I think it is a feature, just like the ADMONITION!!!

Nothing like being admonished to avoid evil ways. It's like my meter, which upholds family values.

And that's exactly what I look for on any meter I own.

The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10403 on: May 10, 2021, 06:46:45 am »
I bought several 365nm UVA LED flashlights for detecting counterfeit money (one for myself, and a few to bring to the store I work at to give to my coworkers there, a store which unfortunately got successfully scammed recently by somebody paying with very realistic looking fake $100 bills). I bought a 940nm NIR LED flashlight as an illuminator for my full-spectrum modified webcam. I bought some UVC fluorescent cards that theoretically glow green only when exposed to UVC light, but not UVB or UVA. I hope to use these in place of a $3000+ spectrometer (as mentioned in this thread https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/any-good-uvvisible-usb-connected-spectrometers-at-a-reasonable-price/ until I can find a cheaper spectrometer) for verifying the UVC output of UVC LED disinfectant bulbs I plan to buy at some point from eBay.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10404 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:50 pm »
Some more stuff:

Buy and Hobby Knife plus extra blades and for 140RMB more get a Pentel Orenz Nero.

Also got a Fluke case for my 87V, the same one as it comes with the Fluke 376 FC clamp meter. A little bigger (not a lot) but for the price since it was from someone who had a tool backpack and didn't need the included one, I can't say it was a bad deal for 80RMB.

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Offline Robert Smith Eco Warrior

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10405 on: May 10, 2021, 06:27:51 pm »
My 'Precision Gold' (Maplin) soldering station turned up today. Seems fine.
 :-+

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10406 on: May 10, 2021, 06:35:11 pm »
I also got a Hot snot gun  :-+

I also got a big box of guttering fittings for our polytunnel but that isn't so interesting  :)

Trying the 'inline full-size image' option to see what that does...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 06:37:01 pm by Robert Smith Eco Warrior »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10407 on: May 10, 2021, 06:39:46 pm »
Thomas

Thank god for the blue panel  :phew:

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, bsfeechannel, duckduck

Online bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10408 on: May 10, 2021, 06:55:24 pm »
A HackRF One + Portapack + metal case for less than € 120.00, couldn't argue with that!

https://www.banggood.com/2_4-Inch-PortaPack-H1-Updated-Version-+-HackRF-One-SDR-+-Metal-Shell-Kit-Software-Defined-Radio-1MHz-6GHz-p-1745547.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Not Nice to show things like that  |O

But i chose to get the CZ version , as DK-Mail always cathes those packages from CN , and add 25%VAT + 25$ Customs fee.
So in the end i even think i saved $3.50 , and get it in a week.

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #10409 on: May 10, 2021, 10:18:53 pm »
But i chose to get the CZ version , as DK-Mail always cathes those packages from CN , and add 25%VAT + 25$ Customs fee.
So in the end i even think i saved $3.50 , and get it in a week.

For helvede, mand! (what that means is a secret to everyone except Danes and those few foreigners who speak fluent Danish. I claim I'm in the top 5% of Swedes when it comes to speaking Danish. )

Here I thought Postnord were crappy in Sweden, where they add 25% VAT but stop at a 75SEK (US $8) handling fee. You have my sympathies.

Online gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #10410 on: May 11, 2021, 06:09:15 am »
Some OPAMPs and MCUs.  ;D

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10411 on: May 11, 2021, 05:04:17 pm »
Also got a Fluke case for my 87V, the same one as it comes with the Fluke 376 FC clamp meter. A little bigger (not a lot) but for the price since it was from someone who had a tool backpack and didn't need the included one, I can't say it was a bad deal for 80RMB.

Regarding this, here a shot with everything inside:

Definitely I will use this one for the 289 instead and the one that come with my 289 FVF kit for the 87V.

This one is perfect for the 289 size plus the side could hold the roll up pouch of the Fluke TLK-225 SureGrip Master Accessory Set easily.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 01:29:04 pm by Black Phoenix »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #10412 on: May 13, 2021, 02:59:06 am »
A 150W halogen illuminator with 35" heavy-duty fiber-optic ring-light provides the smoothest overhead lighting possible. Active cooling and auto-shutoff avoids overheating in strenuous environments.
Wow.

Have fun !

Perhaps I'm the exception, but I gave up with ring illuminators on microscopes as I found they get in the way of tools, in particular the hot air gun. Instead I use a pair of 3W LED narrow spots on goosenecks mounted opposite each other clamped to the microscope.

Stupid thread made me go look at ring illumination so I brought a cheap LED one. It is coming with an included secondhand Microscope for 'testing purposes'.....  ;D eBay auction: #224448558225 Same user has a hot air station listed too. eBay auction: #224448545312

Recent 'looking to buy' a ring illuminator escalated to 'buying' the Variable focus trinocular with the illuminator which turned up in good working order which led to looking to see what cameras I could add to the backend  :palm:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32920664787.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ecb4c4dzREeCy Camera
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32855848880.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ecb4c4dzREeCy SZMCTV 1/2 focus adjuster
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843818172.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ecb4c4dzREeCy 25mm C couplings (spacers) just in case it needs a tweak for focus

Some good videos from SDG Electronics helped narrow the search  :-+
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10413 on: May 13, 2021, 12:28:19 pm »
Here I thought Postnord were crappy in Sweden, where they add 25% VAT but stop at a 75SEK (US $8) handling fee. You have my sympathies.

Hmm interesting .....
Maybe i should get those mailed to "Torpet" i Halland  8)

Prob. not , as we're only there every 2'nd .. 3'rd weekend , and the packet would be returned.
But yes PortNord DK charges DKK 160 for handling VAT

/Bingo

Offline Youthe

« Reply #10414 on: May 13, 2021, 01:02:21 pm »
Personally I have just picked up an amp for a Cherokee - my one went very bust at the start of lockdown and I've concluded it's not even worth trying to fix - it's that broke.  :palm:  Bit the bullet and bought this second hand Cherokee amp which was considerably cheaper than anything else i could find on ebay where shipping was more than the product itself! >:( I'll be upgrading the internals of it (I want to keep the OEM case and fixings, but want to have that extra oomph.) Probably more work, but less fun too, and it wouldn't be DIY now, would it?  :-DD
😲⚡ I shock myself too ⚡😲

Offline pqass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10415 on: May 13, 2021, 02:55:41 pm »
The stack is growing!   Newest edition addition is the 34401a.  And youngest of the bunch!

Dangling is an ADR4530 3.000V voltage reference; ±0.02% (600µV) tolerance.
Before the 34401a made its appearance, I'd made it to validate whether the 3478a was in the ball park.
The 34401a has a valid calibration sticker so I'm pretty happy considering they're 33 and 28 years old.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:56:55 pm by pqass »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, edavid, mansaxel

Offline dl6lr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10416 on: May 14, 2021, 12:37:55 pm »
Newest addition is a HP 8482H power sensor. Included was a cable and a HP436A power meter. Had to clean it up a bit as some dirt was in the knurling.

Online bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10418 on: May 14, 2021, 04:13:43 pm »

FSCK - here's an example of the greed of Post DK

I have to pay DKK 24 in vat ($3.91)
And end up paying $30.03 , due to DK-Mail fees 

PostNord DK are allowed to charge : $26.11  - To handle ANY amount of VAT
This is "State sanctionened robbery" ... Nothing to do  |O

So NOTHING slips through ... to much $$$ t earn  |O

/Bingo

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:21:54 pm by bingo600 »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #10419 on: May 14, 2021, 08:48:41 pm »

Wow even get charged $5 VAT on the fee, talk about getting reamed.
That is UPS levels of extortion.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10420 on: May 14, 2021, 09:25:01 pm »
Wow even get charged $5 VAT on the fee

That's not their doing - if they charge something they have to add VAT to it.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10421 on: May 15, 2021, 12:28:40 am »
An S1000R. It's the small one. I'm currently in the process of buying "stuff" for it.

The following users thanked this post: I wanted a rude username

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10422 on: May 15, 2021, 01:10:31 am »

Wow even get charged $5 VAT on the fee, talk about getting reamed.
That is UPS levels of extortion.

In Portugal is the same. If  DHL, TNT or UPS do receive a parcel for you that needs to clear customs, they will send you a bill with how much you have to pay regarding customs plus a 60€ of "Handling Fee" that is basically their tax for the documents needed to clear customs plus their work.

Even if you say that you don't want to pay that tax and don't want them to do anything, you can do the clearing of customs by yourself they don't allow it, saying that they have "special treatment" with the customs office and that doesn't allow end customers to do such job.

Because of that if possible all parcels that I received after that was always going via EMS, slower but it's me who takes care of the documentation.

By the way the documentation is 10€ for the customs office if you pay or not. If it stops and you have to show proof of an invoice or the price you bought the item, you are already paying 10€ just for they printing a sheet of paper saying you don't need to pay. I don't know if now is different since the Postal Service in Portugal changed hands from the Government to a Private, with an IPO some years ago but I know that now a lot more parcels stop than before. But a LOT MORE!

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #10423 on: May 15, 2021, 01:14:31 am »
In Oz we as individuals can do our own Customs Clearances so for small ones under $10k I used to fill out my own ('Nature 10' in Oz) https://www.abf.gov.au/imports/Pages/How-to-import/Import-declarations.aspx With larger shipments or partial container lots a Broker is generally $ well spent.

Worth having a look at your own Governments to see if there is a similar system. When you have done a few they are easy.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10424 on: May 15, 2021, 04:12:43 am »
In Oz we as individuals can do our own Customs Clearances so for small ones under $10k I used to fill out my own ('Nature 10' in Oz) https://www.abf.gov.au/imports/Pages/How-to-import/Import-declarations.aspx With larger shipments or partial container lots a Broker is generally $ well spent.

Worth having a look at your own Governments to see if there is a similar system. When you have done a few they are easy.

I do my own custom clearances. Always done when I needed. My peeve is not not knowing how to, is DHL/TNT/UPS doing it without first inquiring if the customer wants or not.

Most probably would not care and pay gladly to have someone do their work. But I don't specially when I can do it for less than half they charge me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 04:44:50 pm by Black Phoenix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf