General > General Technical Chat

What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!

<< < (2122/2149) > >>

SeanB:

--- Quote from: Ed.Kloonk on July 22, 2021, 11:27:13 am ---Old disk drives make great music instruments.

--- End quote ---

Now, if you could fit the required HP scanjet into the case as well it would be a portable Floppotron.....

beanflying:
Brought a small Granite Surface plate and a small XY table for my drill seems how my Winter Holidays options are now NIL thankyou Plague so I may as well spend the $ ..... |O

Table looks better than the average swill but I will take a close measure up on the new plate  ;)

dl6lr:
Bought one of the cheap chinese desoldering stations ZD-915 with pump in it, as I have no pressured air for my old Weller in the house. Surprisingly all mains cables were isolated, in good shape and ground wire was present. Seems to work quite well.

duckduck:

--- Quote from: dl6lr on August 06, 2021, 07:01:40 pm ---Bought one of the cheap chinese desoldering stations ZD-915 with pump in it, as I have no pressured air for my old Weller in the house. Surprisingly all mains cables were isolated, in good shape and ground wire was present. Seems to work quite well.

--- End quote ---

Make sure to check out this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/zd-915-(ss-331)-conversion-to-24v-and-other-tweaks/

armandine2:
following Ben Eater's small hand tool recommendations, I have been getting cheap and not so cheap strippers to complete the trio of cutter, pliers and stripper.

One arrived today - Brand: Dorman - made in China. The right size but lacks a quality feel and return spring, blacking is a bit patchy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version