General > General Technical Chat

What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!

<< < (2138/2606) > >>

deadlylover:
Oh my god it's beautiful!

I took the battery out and tested how it performs on solar only. It will turn on at ~70lux but dims the display or shuts down on operation. It works flawlessly at ~120 lux.

Works wonderfully as a desktop calculator. Feet are nice and grippy so it doesn't slide around, and the LCD is slightly tilted and the bias is set so it stays legible at shallow angles.

Grr they used a cheap arse LR44 alkaline, I will change it to a SR44 cell when it dies. Rated battery life is 3 years @ 1 hour per day so with my usage maybe it'll take a decade.  :P

mansaxel:

--- Quote from: deadlylover on September 28, 2021, 05:09:55 am ---Oh my god it's beautiful!

--- End quote ---

I see no ENTER key. How can you use that?

Shock:

--- Quote from: deadlylover on September 28, 2021, 05:09:55 am ---Oh my god it's beautiful!

--- End quote ---

Nice, I've had a Casio MS170LA for 20 years and haven't changed the battery, should measure it :). It's similar to the MS170TV in the below image. I like the button spacing on these as I have larger than average hands. Not as pretty as yours though.

armandine2:
The invisible IWISS SN 025

chickenHeadKnob:

I took the battery out and tested how it performs on solar only. It will turn on at ~70lux but dims the display or shuts down on operation. It works flawlessly at ~120 lux.

--- End quote ---

I have a sharp twin power solar/bat EL-540D purchased in around 1985 with a thoroughly dead battery. I relegated to the back of my desk drawer because it would never work under incandescent lighting. Then one day out of boredom I tried  it under a desk lamp that I switched to soft white LED.  The bulb is a pretty weak-ass 9W cheapy.

It Works!, happy as a clam actually. (if clams can actually be happy)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version