Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2794283 times)

Offline Kasper

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #12100 on: March 25, 2023, 06:20:25 pm »
Had one Husky and one KTM in my life,  a 1988 WR400 and a 1984 250MX.  The KTM still had drum brakes!  The WR was a forest rocket, I should never have sold it!

Those WRs rip.  Tried my friends WR 450 years ago and my DRZ 400 felt so heavy and slow after that.  Been wanting a faster, lighter bike ever since, very happy with my chocie of the FE 501.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12101 on: March 26, 2023, 01:54:39 am »
When my son turned pro off-road racer he was sponsored by a dealer that supplied him with Italian Husqvarnas,  This WR150 was from his 2010 season.

I had a 2006 WR250 too.  I think that era of the Husqvarnas were the best looking dirt best ever, until KTM bought them and just put the name on white/grey KTMs with Husaberg kinda styling.  Methinks something was lost.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 01:59:26 am by BillyO »
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12102 on: March 26, 2023, 09:01:43 am »
Ordered a flipper-zero including the WiFi Devboard

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12103 on: March 26, 2023, 10:46:00 am »
Nice bike!  Some of the electric offroad bikes look a bit terrifying.  All that Insta-torque.   Personally I downgraded from a CBF1000 to an NC750X.  Still lovely the big twin "BLAP" on the downshift.  Just can't stop doing it :)

Yesterday I bought...

https://www.sunstore.co.uk/product/epever-up1500-m3222-24v-1200w-inverter-charger/

I was surprised because the last time I went looking, for off grid hybrid inverters that would NOT export, they were £3k+.

Then I spotted a couple of these Inverter + Charger hybrids from Victron around the £1100 mark.  Decided to shop around and as I have had several EPEver devices and found they work fine, I decided to take the plunge with PayPal 3 Month 0%.

Figured paying the extra to have it shipping from a UK supplier was prudent.  Could have saved £100 on AliExpress and waited a few months for it.  However if it shits the bed I can ship it back for £30.

It's basically an MPPT charger, a mains battery charger and a transfer switch in the same box.  Can be configured in various ways including as I intend to, by connecting the mains feed onto for use as "Backup generator".  Tell it the solar and batteries are the primary power source and the "mains" is a backup generator (of sorts). 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:53:41 am by paulca »
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline Lockon Stratos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12104 on: March 26, 2023, 03:10:38 pm »
Just retired my galaxy s5, lets hope this one last as long as the old one did:
https://content.section9.me/im/gsf/fp4.jpg

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12105 on: March 27, 2023, 08:25:39 am »
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005025072865.html

6 cute little 14Ah LiFePO4 cells.  Target:  Audio power rail.  6S ~= 21V  But tapping the central cell gives you +10.5V -10.5V.  And no noise.
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12106 on: March 28, 2023, 01:54:31 am »

Fluke AC220 and AC285.

Although I have the Fluke TLK-225 kit, I don't have it currently with me (still back at my home country, together with my 289) so in a job I have to do this week I need this specific ones. True to be told if I can get the other 2 missing for the same price I got this 2 I will have the full kit (minus the transport pouch) for half less I paid for it back in 2016.

And that's including one of my last posts where I got the TL224 and the TP220.

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12107 on: March 30, 2023, 11:24:19 am »
Soon I will be holding a Brymen BM789 + Probe Master 8017S leads in my hands.

Offline Detlev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12108 on: March 30, 2023, 02:55:10 pm »
I bought a small thermometer for my table to quickly see the room temperature at the test equipment. For €7 it's amazingly accurate  :)

This post is "Made in Germany" 😎

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #12109 on: March 30, 2023, 08:11:08 pm »
A very tiny amplifier, when it´s good enough I´ll use it for speaker measurements(will test it with the neutrik A1, maybe posting the results).

Offline intabits

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12110 on: April 01, 2023, 12:14:13 am »
Fluke 80K-40 High Voltage Probe (1000:1) for AU$20 at a car boot sale.
(SD M107 not warmed up or calibrated)

The following users thanked this post: Martin72, Peter_O

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #12111 on: April 03, 2023, 08:45:22 pm »
Ox64 SoC in MCU size; the 2MByte NOR-flash one without microSD slot, based on Bouffalo Labs BL808.
Was also the easiest order I've ever made from outside the EU: within a couple of days of placing the order, I got the order confirmation, and a few hours later from my local Post a notification that I can do the customs declaration.  I did that, saving a couple of euros, online; and then it was just a wait for the package to arrive, tracking as it progressed through the systems.  :-+

Much more interesting is the bottle of homemade unsweetened steam-extracted blackcurrant (ribes negrum titania) juice from my mom that unexpectedly appeared in my fridge.  Having had a lingering cold for a couple of weeks now, I had already drank the bottle I had (diluted with hot water; yummy), so this evening I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the house elves/aliens/friendly spirits/spatial anomalies have transported another bottle from 1Mm away to my fridge. ^-^
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 09:36:13 pm by Nominal Animal »

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12112 on: April 08, 2023, 07:01:05 pm »
Delivered today.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12113 on: April 08, 2023, 11:57:03 pm »
And today's second package has arrived (2 days early actually) with a DisplayPort to HDMI video cable so I can actually use the computer in the previous post.

Also 2 cat6 Ethernet cables and a few cans of Happy Belly Chicken Noodle Soup. This is a good item useful for hitting the $25 minimum for free shipping. You can eat it and it's a little cheaper than the Kroger (local store) equivalent.

Offline Kim Christensen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12114 on: April 09, 2023, 12:48:15 am »
Also 2 cat6 Ethernet cables and a few cans of Happy Belly Chicken Noodle Soup. This is a good item useful for hitting the $25 minimum for free shipping.

I do this too.. It amuses me when the item, that I added to hit the minimum for free shipping, is shipped separately.

Offline Swainster

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12115 on: April 09, 2023, 06:58:20 am »
A recent purchase is a selection of cheap analogue panel meters from Aliex. Cheap as chips and they all seem to work, although one seems to have the wrong scale on the dial. The green one is more of a toy, but still functional.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 07:00:18 am by Swainster »

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12116 on: April 09, 2023, 12:16:48 pm »
A Philips PM5715 (1Hz-50MHz) pulse generator and a PM 5167 (1mHz-10MHz) function generator.

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12117 on: April 10, 2023, 05:01:15 pm »
About time I did the DC of the my solar system properly.  40A PV (16A per string), 40A MPPT, 100A battery, 100A inverter MCBs.  6AWG wire (<1meter).  100A NPC covered busbars.  6AWG lugs and ferrules for where appropriate.   Already have the wireclips.  Still need to buy the 6mm Earth wire to ground everything together.

What I haven't bought yet is the AC side.  I have to run that past my spark first.... or let him buy it on his trade account!

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12118 on: April 12, 2023, 08:36:45 am »
.. after finishing (bar 0402) my SMD practice soldering pcb .. arrived this morning a Metcal tweezer upgrade for my MX500

soldering practice included soldering LED (D1) into capacitor (C28) position  :palm: 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 06:33:45 am by armandine2 »
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12119 on: April 12, 2023, 08:44:50 am »
d1 is in the middle
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:47:42 am by armandine2 »
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline MarginallyStable

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12120 on: April 12, 2023, 05:47:12 pm »
Delivered today.

just got a similar lenovo to replace a raspberry pi running my 3d printer and cnc router.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #12121 on: April 14, 2023, 02:24:42 am »
Decided a touch screen might be useful on the CNC toys and went looking for a 21" 1080P Touchscreen. I failed badly and brought a 27" QHD one instead :-DD

The ACER is I understand becoming an old model but the price was really good with some evilbay discounts applied. eBay auction: #265597687621 . The Touch part works well so far based on an hour or so of playing and it will be interesting to see how it stands up to some dust and dirt over time. I have tried it through a layer of thick plastic bag (worked fine) so an extra layer of plastic might be in order.

Finally got around to building the 5600G APU system to pair with it to go into the enclosure. The RX560 was just for a test and see how it ran dual monitors but it will be coming back off the MB. Yes I really to need a bigger workbench or my Coffee Roaster needs a new home .......
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12122 on: April 14, 2023, 03:23:07 am »

I read somewhere that this type of computer was probably based on a reference design by Intel. Both Dell and Lenovo had similar versions. I've never been a big fan of Dell, but I did look at the Lenovo versions. I finally settled on HP mostly due to appearance and what I could find for sale. I didn't even plan on buying one of these. I was actually looking for something I could use as a pfSense machine. Still am I guess.

just got a similar lenovo to replace a raspberry pi running my 3d printer and cnc router.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #12123 on: April 14, 2023, 07:31:10 am »
Delivered today.

This has been bugging my YouTube feed for the last few days (video only came out 4 days ago). I did look at one of these for my CNC box before deciding to go for the 5600G and board. Plenty of them in Oz and they seem to be plenty available from workstations.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #12124 on: April 14, 2023, 07:45:39 am »
But can it run Doom?
iratus parum formica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf