Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2754326 times)

Offline niflheimer

• Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 06:25:19 am »
2 kilos of decent coffee . Should last me the month ... I hope.

Offline 128er

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 06:56:32 pm »
Industrial vision sensor with ethernet for pc control (or the little screen, or both over ethernet). And a optical micrometer. Very sensitive. Stick a hair between and see the analog output reliably change.

I love industrial toys. Espacially when it's cheap  ;D

Offline signalTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Personal Website
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 07:34:04 pm »
$57!!! Wow thats a great deal, was there anything wrong with it? Did it come with probes?

• Regular Contributor
    • Personal Website
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 07:55:20 pm »
Ok, my bad, the image was called  $_57 (3).JPG (183.17 kB, 1600x813 - viewed 18 times.), so I figured maybe that meant $57 for the 2225 :)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »
Ok, my bad, the image was called  $_57 (3).JPG (183.17 kB, 1600x813 - viewed 18 times.), so I figured maybe that meant $57 for the 2225 :)
No bad at all, $57 is the impression I had too.
I just got this.
OK, we'll play your game........how much?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 06:33:47 am »
Ahh, no sorry guys , it's from ebay, and cost me £80 with 2 probes included.
:-+  :-+  :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Regular Contributor
    • Personal Website
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 01:05:16 am »
Today I scored a Fluke 87 V on Craigslist.

It is brand new, was sealed and never used!  Seller was asking $250, I offered $185 and picked it up!

The serial number is older, 11180329 so i guess it may have some of those issues I read about.  Anyone have thoughts on that?
I think this was a good price.  Here is a picture (It came with sealed box, matching serial #, etc, but I opened it):

Offline Rupunzell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 07:43:23 am »
Guess:

Bernice

The following users thanked this post: AF6LJ

Offline smjcuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12:08 am »
Well that has kind of made my day, my scope was only sent yesterday by courier, it says it is out for delivery to me , never had hermes do anything that fast overnight !.

Being Hermes, they might chuck it over your fence yet or end up taking it back to the depot and using it as a football. I was thinking about shipping a data logger with accelerometer with them to see what the max G was...

Offline smjcuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00:02 am »
:) just bad experience here. The Hermes tosser (literally) threw my nice new Clarke metal folder over my back wall. I'm taking like a javelin. I was parking the car at the time, bailed out and made him take it away as damaged by courier.

I think performing taxidermy on the delivery driver and standing him outside as an eternal warning to others against being a total git is appropriate.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline smjcuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 10:36:53 am »
Sounds like someone in HK/China. There are loads of them on eBay pretending to be in the UK. English sounding name from google, they heard about Manchester united etc. Business done!

Still waiting for my pad boards from one after three weeks. It's got so bad I used stripboard the other day. Never again. Ordered some extras from Bitsbox.co.uk and got them next day.

Aliexpress has a better hit rate now.

Offline Asmyldof

• Regular Contributor
  • Freelancer - Persnicketist - Do'er of stuff
    • Asmyldof's Home. It's old, not quite impressive, but it's there.
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »
Most recent purchases:
- 14 new mugs with print, for my "Daily Mug" habit at my part-time job. (I try to have a comedic/sarcastic/angry pre-printed mug with a different print every day I work there for as long a stretch as my budget can reach. Forcing me to shop creatively for bargains and trade mugs with other people, but I'm up to 43 different mugs now.)
- Clevo i7/GTX970 laptop with poop-loads of SSD, because reasons.
- High flexibility silicone/litz wire, which is going to be loaded onto a boat soon in the east, for my Company/Freelance stock.

Otherwise, mainly fruits, vegetables, milk and small amounts of bread and meats.
If it's a puzzle, I want to solve it.
If it's a problem, I need to solve it.
If it's an equation... mjeh, I've got Matlab
(not really though, Matlab annoys me).

Offline djQUAN

• Frequent Contributor
    • My DIY website
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 01:51:19 pm »
I just bought a very cheap 500W pure sine wave inverter and first thing I did was get the screwdriver out. :-/O

Offline smjcuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 02:23:39 pm »
It came, its in good condition but needs a handle, no burn in on the crt and all switches and pots are clean and work well , nice trace on both channels so I am well happy.  :-+ :-+

Delivery guy had a fit when i told him what it was in the box and he muttered about how it was heavy carrying it to the top of the flats.I offered him a Rich tea Biscuit which he refused with a look of disgust. now to bed for a bit as been up all night.

Congratulations :)

Offline kolbep

• Frequent Contributor
    • ShoutingElectronics.com
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »
I just bought a very cheap 500W pure sine wave inverter and first thing I did was get the screwdriver out. :-/O

I never knew they came with screwdrivers inside. Must check mine out ....  :-DD
====================================
www.ShoutingElectronics.com Don't just talk about Electronics, SHOUT ABOUT IT! Electronics Blog Site and Youtube Channel

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 02:57:43 pm »
:) just bad experience here. The Hermes tosser (literally) threw my nice new Clarke metal folder over my back wall. I'm taking like a javelin. I was parking the car at the time, bailed out and made him take it away as damaged by courier.

I think performing taxidermy on the delivery driver and standing him outside as an eternal warning to others against being a total git is appropriate.
Perhaps having the guy drawn, quartered, and head set on a pike along with the damaged item with a "This is what you get when..." plaque on display might be a more effective deterrent.  :o  >:D

Offline djQUAN

• Frequent Contributor
    • My DIY website
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 03:42:06 pm »

I never knew they came with screwdrivers inside. Must check mine out ....  :-DD

You should ;)

Offline 1xrtt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2015, 07:50:12 pm »
Found it on a local bookstore:

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2015, 01:00:09 am »
I just purchased an Arduino Mega 2650 and a starter kit for a microcontroller class that a member of my ham radio club is going to be putting on.  Just kind of dipping my toes in the water to see if I want to learn more.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline jdraughn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2015, 10:38:35 am »
I have been planning on eventually building a pick and place machine so I have been buying parts here and there as I come across good deals. I saw this http://www.banggood.com/39MM-Hollow-Shaft-Hybrid-Stepper-Motor-4-Phase-5-Wire-Square-1_8-Degrees-Stepper-Motor-p-978459.html yesterday and bought it to use as the stepper motor that rotates the parts. It has a hollow shaft so I can run a vacuum through it.

Offline instanoodles

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2015, 01:45:06 pm »
Not electronics related but I bought 24 mason jars, gotta make my pasta sauces for the year.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2015, 02:25:41 pm »
Not electronics related but I bought 24 mason jars, gotta make my pasta sauces for the year.

I double bag mine in Zip-Lock freezer bags and freeze it as I only make marinara.   No one else in the house like a good Bolognese or Alfredo.  I just don't understand it  :-// :palm:  Freezing doesn't seem to affect the taste any and besides, once SWMBO's co-workers find out I made sauce, they all want to buy some, so it doesn't last long.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline instanoodles

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37:53 pm »

I double bag mine in Zip-Lock freezer bags and freeze it as I only make marinara.   No one else in the house like a good Bolognese or Alfredo.  I just don't understand it  :-// :palm:  Freezing doesn't seem to affect the taste any and besides, once SWMBO's co-workers find out I made sauce, they all want to buy some, so it doesn't last long.

End up pulling out the canner for jams, beans, soups and potatoes so I do the pasta sauce at the same time. I love the fact that everything in the can is cooked so when I am feeling lazy I dont have to cook, just dump out the can and heat it up. I do alot of pressure cooked meals in a can with beans, meat, veggies and some nice gravy or sauce.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2015, 03:43:37 pm »

...jams, beans, soups and potatoes so I do the pasta sauce at the same time.
Please knock this stuff off.... You guys are making me hungry!   :P

GreyWoolfe: you're living with people that don't like a good marinara or alfredo?  Sounds like you're on the receiving end of cruel and unusual punishment.  :o  :-DD

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2015, 04:33:56 pm »
No, they love the marinara, not the Bolognese or Alfredo.  Yes, it is cruel and unusual punishment.  I am absolutely forbidden to make my dearly departed mother's angel hair pasta with olive oil and anchovy sauce served with fresh grated Romano cheese.  It brings tears to my eyes.  Funny thing, my first wife banned the dish also.  I just don't understand. |O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf