Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2742911 times)

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #8100 on: April 04, 2019, 08:32:03 am »
These are good meters, I bought the 1587 when they were just released and it is still going strong, and always passed calibration better than the stated specs.
I've still got it and use it all the time (the megger function mostly gets used for zapping friends these days though  >:D ).
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8101 on: April 04, 2019, 08:58:46 am »
The 1577 is just the basic version compared to 1587 and the 1587FC which would have been "nice to haves", but I really only need the 500V/1000V insulation test, for everything else I already own a 289 and 87V (among others). So I jumped at it. It certainly offers more than my Megger did and there's no handle winding required.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #8102 on: April 04, 2019, 01:03:36 pm »
Update about the AG1KLPQ48 FPGA: some reseller decided to take me up after I posted a finger-pointing rant thread on a Chinese electronics forum and said thread got propelled to the 2nd place on the trending list. Now I got the software but still have no clue at how to use it.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8103 on: April 04, 2019, 02:36:01 pm »
Just snapped up a brand new Fluke 1577 with case etc for just €193. Finally my vintage Megger can go into a well deserved retirement after around 70 years of service (no I'm not that old, it was my fathers).

McBryce.

Nice buy. Did it come with the remote probe (TP165x) that makes it really handy for doing tests.

I bought a 1577 a few years back for just over AU$200, then saw a 1587 come up at a decent price, so I bought that and listed my 1577 for sale. The 1577 sold on eBay auction for a little more than I paid for the 1587. A little bit later I saw a near new 1587fc on eBay, put my bids in and got that for a bargain. Put my 1587 up for auction and it sold for more than the 1587fc cost me.

I’m finding the bargains to be fewer and further between these days, but they’re still out there.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #8104 on: April 04, 2019, 11:30:13 pm »
Update about the AG1KLPQ48 FPGA: some reseller decided to take me up after I posted a finger-pointing rant thread on a Chinese electronics forum and said thread got propelled to the 2nd place on the trending list. Now I got the software but still have no clue at how to use it.

Can you create a new thread somewhere on this forum for it? I'm struggling myself using the Gowin_YunYuan IDE. Would be really nice, if there would be a good "getting started" documentation for these Chinese FPGAs, like you get from Altera (now Intel) or Xilinx. But I know that it is time consuming to write good documentation. Maybe this is the reason these FPGAs are so cheap :)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8105 on: April 05, 2019, 08:06:05 am »
Just snapped up a brand new Fluke 1577 with case etc for just €193. Finally my vintage Megger can go into a well deserved retirement after around 70 years of service (no I'm not that old, it was my fathers).

McBryce.

Nice buy. Did it come with the remote probe (TP165x) that makes it really handy for doing tests.

I bought a 1577 a few years back for just over AU$200, then saw a 1587 come up at a decent price, so I bought that and listed my 1577 for sale. The 1577 sold on eBay auction for a little more than I paid for the 1587. A little bit later I saw a near new 1587fc on eBay, put my bids in and got that for a bargain. Put my 1587 up for auction and it sold for more than the 1587fc cost me.

I’m finding the bargains to be fewer and further between these days, but they’re still out there.

Yes, it was listed as new and here's what came with it (including the black case).

McBryce.

30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #8106 on: April 05, 2019, 08:34:13 am »
Some of my arrived new toys.

Surely nice puppies! Keep us posted if you like them.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #8107 on: April 05, 2019, 10:20:47 am »

Can you create a new thread somewhere on this forum for it? I'm struggling myself using the Gowin_YunYuan IDE. Would be really nice, if there would be a good "getting started" documentation for these Chinese FPGAs, like you get from Altera (now Intel) or Xilinx. But I know that it is time consuming to write good documentation. Maybe this is the reason these FPGAs are so cheap :)
I will try to. The whole set would include links to the files, translated documentations and my own rant. I might even try to cook up a board for it.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Camelion 9V Lithium
« Reply #8108 on: April 05, 2019, 12:21:30 pm »
Camelion brand 9V Lithium primary cell (Lithium Thionyl Chloride), as Energizer 9V Lithium is not available here.

This also to replace the rotten/leaked 9V Panasonic alkaline that raped my Fluke 87V battery snaps -> Leaked 9V Alkaline  :rant:

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8109 on: April 06, 2019, 11:38:41 am »
4x SMC_CD85N20_40_B
Now I have no clue what to do with it  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: cat87

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8110 on: April 06, 2019, 07:23:11 pm »
A U1282A with probes and case, ir-usb and ir-bluetooth modules. Only 340$ with shipping.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline Circuitsquirrel

« Reply #8111 on: April 07, 2019, 02:58:33 am »
Beer beer and beer

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #8112 on: April 07, 2019, 04:58:34 am »
Just bought a new car, a Toyota Noah with TRD bodykit and all the good options. :D

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #8113 on: April 07, 2019, 12:01:18 pm »
Nice looking vehicle.  Good luck with the ride.  I love my van, Ram Tradesman cargo van.  Very useful.  In fact, as soon as I am done perusing the blog, I am off to Home Depot for lumber for a project.  Nothing I want to try to stuff in Mrs GreyWoolfe's Hyundai.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:03:26 pm by GreyWoolfe »
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline electromotive

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8114 on: April 07, 2019, 09:32:05 pm »
Finally had a chance to hang my sign from Argonne National Lab..

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:49:01 am by electromotive »

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Mr. Scram, Mortymore, GregDunn

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #8115 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:05 am »
Nice looking vehicle.  Good luck with the ride.  I love my van, Ram Tradesman cargo van.  Very useful.  In fact, as soon as I am done perusing the blog, I am off to Home Depot for lumber for a project.  Nothing I want to try to stuff in Mrs GreyWoolfe's Hyundai.
Yeah, it's really good to drive so far. I've always tinkered and built my cars. Buy a second hand import (when I lived in Australia) and rebuild it from the ground up.
It's strange in a way, having a car that is already brand new... There's nothing to do! Just drive it. :D Being a hybrid, I wouldn't even know where to start beyond an exhaust system (Which wouldn't even be used half the time...)
Although, this one won't be hauling much building materials... My better half would kill me too. :D

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #8116 on: April 08, 2019, 11:55:16 am »
Yeah, it's really good to drive so far. I've always tinkered and built my cars. Buy a second hand import (when I lived in Australia) and rebuild it from the ground up.
It's strange in a way, having a car that is already brand new... There's nothing to do! Just drive it. :D Being a hybrid, I wouldn't even know where to start beyond an exhaust system (Which wouldn't even be used half the time...)
Although, this one won't be hauling much building materials... My better half would kill me too. :D

This was very much used.  It was my retired company van.  Paid almost half of Kelly Blue Book value for it.  It is not a daily driver so even though it has a V6 in it, there are times we only gas it once a month, only about 12,000 miles in 2 years.  That includes evacuating from Florida to Kentucky for a hurricane and a trip to texas.  Mrs GreyWoolfe also has a little side gig doing house cleaning so it is great for carrying everything for that.  We both really like the 4 door Hyundai but the van just opens up so many possibilities.

We also bought the first retired company van and ended up giving it to my mother in law.  With the help of her son in law and daughter, who she lived with, and prudent visits to local junk yards, she was able to convert it back to a passenger van.  Goes to show not all vans are driven by soccer moms!!
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Ride the Lightning

« Reply #8117 on: April 08, 2019, 08:08:05 pm »
I purchased a SMTmax QK870 hot plate https://www.smtmax.com/pdf/QK870manual.pdf from eBay. I got a great deal but it looks like it has seen plenty of hours. One nice feature is that you can set the temperature before you actually turn on the heat. Has a fairly chunky aluminum plate as well. And a cover to retain some heat for smaller reflow tasks.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #8118 on: April 09, 2019, 05:22:23 pm »
A house.

Offline electromotive

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8119 on: April 09, 2019, 06:28:52 pm »
A house.

Cool! Wanna share some more?

Here, I'll share mine. I bought it in August.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #8120 on: April 09, 2019, 07:30:04 pm »
Looks like a nice area to live!  Congrats.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #8121 on: April 09, 2019, 08:20:27 pm »
A house.

Cool! Wanna share some more?
I have the keys in August. 2 km from work. Too big, on the other hand 15 sqm for the office and lab on the second floor.
Free shipping.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8122 on: April 10, 2019, 01:17:51 am »
Two external hard drives for backup. One 8TB to serve as an off-site backup for my Mac Pro (which already has an 8TB internal backup drive), and a new 2TB portable for my MacBook Air was filling up (so its existing backup disk can be an off-site backup, too).

(Mac users: Did you know that Time Machine supports multiple backup destinations? Also, you can encrypt a backup after the fact by removing it from Time Machine -- it won't delete anything -- and then adding it back with encryption selected. It'll add the existing backups and encrypt them retroactively.)

Once they get fiber in my neighborhood, and thus have really high upload speeds, I may consider an online backup, too.

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #8123 on: April 10, 2019, 03:52:00 am »
I have the keys in August. 2 km from work. Too big, on the other hand 15 sqm for the office and lab on the second floor.
Free shipping.
2km from work = no need for a car. 2km should be within walking or cycling range for most people.

Once they get fiber in my neighborhood, and thus have really high upload speeds, I may consider an online backup, too.
Be careful with your online backup providers though.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline electromotive

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8124 on: April 10, 2019, 05:42:34 am »
Looks like a nice area to live!  Congrats.

-Pat

Thanks. It’s close enough to my new town to be convenient, but far enough (6 miles) to get away from the noise, crime, etc. The yard is no longer pristine though. We had to install new drainage. It’s almost complete and will be re-landscaped. Im quite lucky I’m that I’m at the tail end of Frontier’s internet service area. Every house past mine can only get HughesNet via satellite.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf