Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2791746 times)

Offline JohnnyBerg

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #8950 on: October 31, 2019, 12:30:52 pm »
A 8T hydraulic crimping tool, to crimp terminals from 4mm2 to 70mm2 .. for my hybrid battery (li-ion in combination with supercaps)

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8951 on: November 01, 2019, 08:15:29 am »
A 8T hydraulic crimping tool, to crimp terminals from 4mm2 to 70mm2 .. for my hybrid battery (li-ion in combination with supercaps)

(Attachment Link)

NICE!  :-+
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Online gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #8952 on: November 01, 2019, 01:49:13 pm »
NTAG215 RFIDs  ;D

Offline MosherIV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8953 on: November 01, 2019, 07:48:23 pm »
Yes, nice indeed.
Be warned though, I used one at work - it might be hydraulic but it still took lots of effort to crimp and get it to release !
Just after I was all red in the face and panting, my colleague got out the battery powered hand tool for crimping and showed me how easy it was

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8954 on: November 02, 2019, 04:17:24 am »
Yes, nice indeed.
Be warned though, I used one at work - it might be hydraulic but it still took lots of effort to crimp and get it to release !
Just after I was all red in the face and panting, my colleague got out the battery powered hand tool for crimping and showed me how easy it was

I have a Izumi 12t battery powered hydraulic Crimper and it is so much better than the hand pumped ones. I use it quite often, although not daily as I used to in my previous job. The biggest problem with the hand pumped ones is keeping it steady while pumping if the cable is already in an enclosure / vehicle.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #8955 on: November 02, 2019, 12:23:55 pm »
Bought a good looking RPN relic from National Semiconductor (4640) and a tester.

I will get to play with them by the end of the month, when a relative comes visit me in the US. These were bought at the local market 12000 km away from here (my home country).

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:26:22 pm by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8956 on: November 02, 2019, 12:26:46 pm »
Bought a good looking RPN relic from National Semiconductor (4640) and a tester.

I will get to play with them by the end of the month, when a relative comes visit me in the US. These were bought at the local market 12000 km away from here (my home country).

Nice one buddy  :-+

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8957 on: November 03, 2019, 10:57:06 am »
Huh, bought another GPSDO.

Currently under test:
- GPSDO UCCM module Trimble 57963-D
- GPSDO UCCM-LP module Samsung with STP 2878LF OCXO
- BGTBL7 2017-12-17 GPSDO with display

They're working ok but I'd like to improve my GPSDO to the highest level possible using low cost/affordable* measures.

I have been fiddling around trying to replace the fitted OCXO with another, more stable OCXO (Morion MV89A) but failed, because the parameters of the feedback loop can't be changed with these GPSDOs -but that's necessary for them to work correctly.   |O

As the consequence I bought a Trimble Thunderbird GPSDO module today because it's known to be adjustable in this regard.   :-/O
Time nuttery time ahead!  :)

---
*-Everything is relative. (Alles ist relativ. -A.Einstein  ;) )
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:13:07 am by URI »
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8958 on: November 04, 2019, 10:41:13 am »
A Fluke 1663  :)
Need to learn some new installation electronic procedures and tests, totally different then my low power SMT electronics  :)

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8959 on: November 05, 2019, 03:06:56 am »
A HP 5359 time synthesizer offered locally.
I will have to rearrange my TE stack somehow if I don't want it sitting somewhere on the floor in some corner of the room though..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:08:37 am by URI »

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8960 on: November 05, 2019, 02:41:58 pm »
Just some music for the shack. Got 3 paid 2

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8961 on: November 05, 2019, 07:56:57 pm »

I did, but I also wouldn't have paid for The Final Cut if I had heard it before..   >:D   :-DD
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:02:20 pm by URI »

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8962 on: November 05, 2019, 09:24:25 pm »
I did, but I also wouldn't have paid for The Final Cut if I had heard it before..   >:D   :-DD

I like the "The Final Cut". "Ummagumma" is the one I don't like so much and "The Endless River" is the album I lack in my collection.
Instead of "The Final Cut" I was actually looking for "Atom Heart Mother", but it was not listed in the promotion "take 3 pay only 2".

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #8963 on: November 05, 2019, 09:25:01 pm »

(Attachment Link)

You've got to be crazy. Gotta have a real need.
iratus parum formica

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8964 on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:21 pm »

(Attachment Link)

;D

Indeed I had.

The wife and kids don't left me with many opportunities to enjoy the sound in the living room, so I "have a real need" to have spares in the attic.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #8965 on: November 06, 2019, 12:45:48 am »

(Attachment Link)

;D

Indeed I had.

The wife and kids don't left me with many opportunities to enjoy the sound in the living room, so I "have a real need" to have spares in the attic.

I still have about 5 or 6 Floyd albums on vinyl but lack the device to spin them  :palm: Thank you internerd for the contents of those and the others :-+

Time to open a WEA thread this weeks TEA budget went to woodworking gear.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline DTJ

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8966 on: November 06, 2019, 04:08:23 am »
I still have about 5 or 6 Floyd albums on vinyl but lack the device to spin them  :palm: Thank you internerd for the contents of those and the others :-+

Sutton - nice quality tools. I often see router bits at Aldi and wonder how long they would last.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8967 on: November 06, 2019, 04:18:02 am »

Sutton - nice quality tools. I often see router bits at Aldi and wonder how long they would last.

I got a set of cheap router bits a few weeks ago. Work nicely on softwood and MDF but on hardwood you would want to peddle gently. The plan is over time to swap them as needed for quality ones to go with the CNC router but they run $30-200 AUD each  :o

Cheapy set I got eBay auction: #303319443363 Dimensions across the cutters is questionable when measured with calipers.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8968 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:24 am »
Gonna mess about with trying to wind wire on some different inductor rings I got from somewhere I can't remember. I want to  see how ring size and colour and wire size and amount of turns affect the end measurements. I got a good mixture of different colours and size rings and I've got some more sizes of wire coming too so we'll see.

I've been meaning to do this for ages but never got round to it....   :)

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8969 on: November 06, 2019, 09:37:20 am »

I got a set of cheap router bits a few weeks ago. Work nicely on softwood and MDF but on hardwood you would want to peddle gently. The plan is over time to swap them as needed for quality ones to go with the CNC router but they run $30-200 AUD each 

Cheapy set I got eBay auction: #303319443363 Dimensions across the cutters is questionable when measured with calipers.

Yeah, many tools are OK on softwood & "die the death" when exposed to hardwood.

I remember many years ago, having a popular woodworking book that advocated making the  mating cuts in floor joists & the wall timber framing with a jigsaw.

Seemed like a great idea, till the jigsaw blade touched the jarrah---- clang! goodbye blade!
Jarrah is great wood, till you come to cut it--- "shame you can't weld it!"

Seriously, I've found that manual tools are often quicker & easier with jarrah & other hardwoods.

There are some godawful electric tools out there, like the much advertised "Renovator" vibratory saw.
Maybe the "Wicked Witch" could use it to renovate her gingerbread house, but it was useless for anything I tried it on!

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8970 on: November 06, 2019, 10:04:36 am »
Jarrah is Easy just hit it with a little Laser Beam ;) Soldering Fume Extractor prototype in pic.

If i was into making furniture or hardwood then I wouldn't have got a starter set. My theory is if I needed to do a short bit with a particular profile then I now have a spread of bits. I already have some 1/2" shanked good bits for the CNC so I will slowly add to that as I need or can afford it. Makita Cordless Trimmer is the weapon for the cheapy bits.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8971 on: November 06, 2019, 10:07:34 am »
Chicken and egg question: How did you extract the fumes created by the laser while cutting the fume extractor parts?

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8972 on: November 06, 2019, 10:16:39 am »
Chicken and egg question: How did you extract the fumes created by the laser while cutting the fume extractor parts?

McBryce.

I have tweaked the crossflow over the Laser bed from what used to be fairly ordinary it now draws across the front of the bed and the only other gap is at the rear fan. The fan at the rear does a good job of smoking up the neighbors backyard via an external duct >:D

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8973 on: November 06, 2019, 10:40:29 am »
The neighbours are getting that authentic wood-fired barbeque experience for free!

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #8974 on: November 07, 2019, 12:08:13 am »
Picked up various banana ends...867742-0

The following users thanked this post: vk6zgo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf