Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 1367709 times)

MasterTech, kripton2035 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #9400 on: November 16, 2019, 09:46:43 pm »

Rigol DS5074
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:48:14 pm by ebclr »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Free_WiFi

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9401 on: November 17, 2019, 10:31:08 am »
I bought a cluster of stars, just to the left of the outer spiral arm, for a paltry £1.90. Look up and you might see them.

I'd question the legality of that sale. But while you're here. I have a very nice mountain in the mid-atlantic ridge for sale if you are interested.

McBryce.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, djos

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #9402 on: November 18, 2019, 06:45:06 am »
Went to the Hardware shop with actual $ in my wallet. Needed to supplement what should have been enough with a chunk of plastic $ :palm:

WEA........... Clamps are now being used on the wallet for a while at least but maybe I should add some of the 4L of PVA to help balance the non budget......
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order :)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #9403 on: November 18, 2019, 06:55:46 am »
I'd question the legality of that sale. But while you're here. I have a very nice mountain in the mid-atlantic ridge for sale if you are interested.

McBryce.
Get in line! My bridge was first.  :D

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #9404 on: November 18, 2019, 07:23:47 am »
@b-f  you can never have too many clamps :-+
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9405 on: November 18, 2019, 09:30:36 am »

McBryce.
Get in line! My bridge was first.  :D

I don't see a conflict there. Anyone with their own mountain most likely needs a bridge too :)

McBryce.

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Online Black Phoenix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9406 on: November 18, 2019, 02:30:34 pm »
Do you check if your cables are truly silicone (can withstand a soldering iron at 300°C/570°F), and not just overly plasticized PVC?
The extra plasticizer tends to leech out, melding the cable with any PVC or compatible plastics given sufficient contact duration (weeks).

Regarding this, Today I gone again to the Electronic supermarkets and they had one there already cut for testing. Yes they are not truly silicone, they started to rip parts with a hot soldering iron. Also no indication off the wire gauge plus writings on it, but by the cross section is way smaller. Insulation was 12AWG (4.5mm) cooper inside equivalent to a 16AWG (1.29mm).

I will probably buy the cable separately and the banana plugs and do myself my extensions.

Offline Ground_Loop

• Contributor
« Reply #9407 on: November 18, 2019, 06:24:37 pm »
Finally bought a voltage reference.  Got this setup off Ebay for $300 shipped.

Offline TheHolyHorse

• Regular Contributor
  • You don't need to be confused, just understand it.
« Reply #9408 on: November 19, 2019, 05:54:58 am »
Finally bought a voltage reference.  Got this setup off Ebay for $300 shipped.

Nice!!

Online dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #9409 on: November 22, 2019, 01:40:30 pm »
Ok, I didn't purchase it, but my Brother found this laying in the dirt in an old barn of his, no other TE related stuff just this.  It's an Eico 427 in horrible shape, I have no plans for it but thought I'd post here and see if anybody needs a knob/etc, tube might still be in-tact.  Reasonably sure about 10000000000000000000000 generations of mice have occupied it over the decades.

Otherwise off to the trash it goes.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9410 on: November 22, 2019, 02:55:20 pm »
A splash of paint (Tek blue) and some calibration and she'll be right.

McBryce.

Offline Pseudobyte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9411 on: November 25, 2019, 05:51:49 pm »
what about the gaping hole in the bottom hahaha
“They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do”

Offline shakalnokturn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9412 on: November 25, 2019, 07:22:45 pm »

High viscosity Tek blue...

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9413 on: November 25, 2019, 08:06:59 pm »
I got one of these BlitzWolf power banks delivered today...

https://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-BW-P11-20000mAh-18W-QC3_0-PD-Power-Bank-for-iPhone-11-Pro-XR-X-for-Samsung-S9-S10-for-Xiaomi-Huawei-p-1575862.html?rmmds=myorder

I've had a fair bit of other stuff by BlitzWolf in the past and although it isn't "high end" I've always found their stuff to be decent quality and it usually meets or exceeds quoted specs by them.

Their cables and other stuff seems to be of decent quality for what they are too.
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9414 on: November 26, 2019, 01:12:01 am »

Non-restricted ventilation port.

Offline Doom-the-Squirrel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9415 on: November 26, 2019, 01:57:54 am »
Just got my new Probe Master leads.

I bought the automotive kit. Not much to it, just the leads, two banana jacks, a a pair of large clips.

I bought the 48" leads, but I want to get the next size up, 60".
I'll use 48" for home.

I love how affordable these probes are! And the gold plating is so gorgeous!

The following users thanked this post: tooki, Free_WiFi

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9416 on: November 26, 2019, 02:02:57 am »

I bought the automotive kit. Not much to it, just the leads, two banana jacks, a a pair of large clips.

I'll use 48" for home.

A-probin' you shall go!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9417 on: November 26, 2019, 02:11:32 am »

I'll use 48" for home.

A-probin' you shall go!

8)

Now I must find whales....

obscure Star Trek reference

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9418 on: November 26, 2019, 02:15:07 am »

I'll use 48" for home.

A-probin' you shall go!

8)

Now I must find whales....

obscure Star Trek reference
May the (electromotive) force be with you.

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #9419 on: November 26, 2019, 12:31:43 pm »
Bought a couple of cheap over-the-top cheesy SKMEI watches off eBay for the occasional outing (~$16 US a piece). I wonder how long they will last and if they are any good? I didn't buy them to keep the time, it is just the look. They are gigantic and probably be too huge for my tiny wrists. Perhaps a tear down will be in order in the future to see what electronics and mechanisms drive these things. They look different than anything else I own so it was to have something of a different style than my norm... other than that I expect them to be worth about as much as I paid for them, which was little.  :-DD  My kids can then have fun with them. Shipping date expected as late as Feb 2020! I guess that's what you get for "free shipping".
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:35:36 pm by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9420 on: November 26, 2019, 03:18:18 pm »
Bought a couple of cheap over-the-top cheesy SKMEI watches off eBay for the occasional outing (~$16 US a piece). I wonder how long they will last and if they are any good? I didn't buy them to keep the time, it is just the look. They are gigantic and probably be too huge for my tiny wrists. Perhaps a tear down will be in order in the future to see what electronics and mechanisms drive these things. They look different than anything else I own so it was to have something of a different style than my norm... other than that I expect them to be worth about as much as I paid for them, which was little.  :-DD  My kids can then have fun with them. Shipping date expected as late as Feb 2020! I guess that's what you get for "free shipping".

How far do they have to ship?

Using free shipping on my Probe Masters took 5 days, despite the fact the place they shipped from is a 6 hour drive from where I live.

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #9421 on: November 26, 2019, 04:42:46 pm »
Using free shipping on my Probe Masters took 5 days, despite the fact the place they shipped from is a 6 hour drive from where I live.

That is the "estimated" shipping range for the watches: Wed, Dec 11 - Tue, Feb 04.

So as late as Feb 2020, but could come before Christmas!  :-+

I ordered a couple other things and they gave me a better range: Thu, Dec 12 - Tue, Dec 24.

So it maybe is just to cover their butts in case it gets delayed. I've ordered stuff before that had 2-3 month shipping times and it came way sooner.

I don't know how China ships these free packages, but perhaps this is because they work on filling up a shipping container and it takes them a few weeks just to pack up the container full with all the stuff going to my particular area. Then it could take another few weeks to transit across the ocean on a large container ship, and then another few weeks after it lands to get processed through the local mail system. At least that's how I fantasize it is done. But who knows? Anyone venture a guess?

YouTube: www.devhackmod.com
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9422 on: November 26, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »

Haha PM is maybe two hours from me and took 2 or 3 days.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:35:36 pm by maginnovision »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9423 on: November 26, 2019, 10:39:06 pm »

Haha PM is maybe two hours from me and took 2 or 3 days.

:o

I think they used a pigeon....

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9424 on: November 26, 2019, 10:40:15 pm »

That is the "estimated" shipping range for the watches: Wed, Dec 11 - Tue, Feb 04.

So as late as Feb 2020, but could come before Christmas!  :-+

I ordered a couple other things and they gave me a better range: Thu, Dec 12 - Tue, Dec 24.

So it maybe is just to cover their butts in case it gets delayed. I've ordered stuff before that had 2-3 month shipping times and it came way sooner.

I don't know how China ships these free packages, but perhaps this is because they work on filling up a shipping container and it takes them a few weeks just to pack up the container full with all the stuff going to my particular area. Then it could take another few weeks to transit across the ocean on a large container ship, and then another few weeks after it lands to get processed through the local mail system. At least that's how I fantasize it is done. But who knows? Anyone venture a guess?

That sounds like a plausible theory.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf