Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2754178 times)

deadlylover, OneGeekGuy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #7625 on: December 09, 2018, 11:26:15 pm »

The FLuke 101 hit my hot little hands yesterday.  The small size is perfect.  It meets specs easily with the DMM Check plus.  Down side is the crappy pvc test leads.  Waddya want for $40?  It is more accurate with the Brymen test leads that I intend to use it with than the OEM leads.  The cheap case from evilBay is on the way.  Better storage solution than the drawstring bag the Aneng came in that I am using for now.  I've seen a lot of people give it bad reviews because of no current rating.  Did they not read the specs?  Also stars off for no stand.  Really?  If it doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it and give it a bad review.  If you didn't buy it, don't give it a review of any kind.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7626 on: December 09, 2018, 11:36:23 pm »
I brought a couple of these:

Anker AH241 with a 5a power supplie.

I had to order overseas for a bit more as I can't find them selling here.
On Amazon and Anker.com they sell them elsewhere when comparing the two parts of the site but not in England.

I have already got a few and they seem quite reliable.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #7627 on: December 10, 2018, 01:27:36 am »
The FLuke 101 hit my hot little hands yesterday.  The small size is perfect.  It meets specs easily with the DMM Check plus.  Down side is the crappy pvc test leads.  Waddya want for $40?

Do you actually need its higher safety ratings? If so, it's a perfect little meter. If not, and only be used as an electronic meter, Sanwa PM300 is a better choice. Dave has it on sale for $47 (AUD 65) at this moment.

I have the PM300, and I had the F101 as well. I would say the PM300 is better built in terms of polishing details, and the F101 is better built in terms of robustness.

Both can't measure current, but that's expected for the size and safety ratings.

FYI, if an ultra thin pocket meter is desired, Sanwa PM3 is also an option. It's not for mains, but if you only do Arduino stuff or you need a tiny meter in your glove box, it's not a bad idea. I have it in my computer bag, along with my Analog Discovery and Owon VDS3102L. Unless specifically requested, those gears are all what I bring to debug boards for friends at their location.

No real need for the higher safety ratings.  Low resistance measurements for a field replaceable unit--15R good, 30R bad and Less than 1R for thermocouple good, over 1R bad per service manual.  That is the limit on 'electronics" and the 101 works just fine.  Possibly DCV and checking mains to make sure outlets the equipment in the field is plugged into are working.  I have a very short service window-check the FRU-bad, replace.  If the equipment still doesn't work, replace the equipment, no time for dinking around.  I have no need for current with the meter.  I didn't really want a real pocket meter, I like the leads unattached.  To me, they also feel a little cheesy but my only experience with a pocket meter was a Radio Shack pocket meter.  The robustness is a plus, it will get jounced around in my toolbag.  I wanted small but not necessarily as small as the Sanwa. 

There are a ton of options out there, it comes down to need and personal preference.  It's a Fluke, the 101 does what I need, it's priced right, it has overall good reviews and Amazon prime had it in the mailbox on Saturday after ordering Thursday night.  Besides, if it doesn't last, I will just bug my boss that I need a new meter and will let the company pay for the 2nd one.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Armando79

« Reply #7628 on: December 10, 2018, 06:50:02 am »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:55:32 am by Armando79 »

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #7629 on: December 10, 2018, 07:54:58 am »
Stupid !@#$ing forum 'made me' spend more money on a replacement for my Dad's old hand cranked and slightly wonky (more wonky after today) Megger. I think it has maybe rotated it's last unless I decide in the future to spend a chunk of time on it. I remember it when he was Electrical Contracting so it was more than 42 years ago old and closer to 50 I suspect .....

The replacement NIB Victor VC60E for $110 Aud (under $80 USD)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7630 on: December 10, 2018, 01:14:51 pm »
I just bought this to measure that resistor in the bottom left of the image.
100fA resolution anyone?
Nice unit , will we see a teardown...
What is the value of the resistor you are trying to measure?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #7631 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:26 pm »
More Ruideng supplies. Never have enough Ruideng supplies. Need to print more cases for the old ones though, ousted them to fit the new ones.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #7632 on: December 11, 2018, 08:28:19 am »
Ordered today:

Rohde & Schwarz RTB 2004 - 100MHz with RTB-PK1

https://allice.de/rohde-schwarz/rohde-schwarz-rtb2004-rtb2k-oszilloscope-rtb2000-rtb2002-rtb4k/

Price for the 70MHz version including RTB-PK1, packaging and delivery and VAT: 2621,27 EUR

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Rémi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7633 on: December 11, 2018, 11:37:47 am »
I just bought a broken HP 8648B for 200$. Let's see if I can fix it :D

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #7634 on: December 11, 2018, 12:13:15 pm »
Advantest AD7461A multimeter.  :)

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7635 on: December 11, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »
I got a set Of these.
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline Miyuki

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
« Reply #7636 on: December 12, 2018, 10:43:03 am »
I bought something I hope will never need
Direct lightning strike rated surge protection

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #7637 on: December 12, 2018, 11:10:36 am »
I got a set Of these.

I hope you didn't finish up buying fake Mitutoyo's (most online are) for real price. Check very carefully when they arrive and have a look online as to how to check.

Today's arrivals for me. 'Reasonable' quality digital calipers (my old eyes struggle with verniers), metric/whitworh pitch gauges and a new set of feeler gauges as my Grandfathers are a touch beyond electronic/clean use.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7638 on: December 12, 2018, 11:21:25 am »
Ordered today:

Rohde & Schwarz RTB 2004 - 100MHz with RTB-PK1

https://allice.de/rohde-schwarz/rohde-schwarz-rtb2004-rtb2k-oszilloscope-rtb2000-rtb2002-rtb4k/

Price for the 70MHz version including RTB-PK1, packaging and delivery and VAT: 2621,27 EUR

That's 1 nice looking scope buddy!

I'm sure you'll have plenty good times getting to grips with it as i'm sure it does loads of cool things way above my knowledge level! It even just looks like a quality instrument never mind when you start it up and put it to work I bet!

I only have the Rigol 1054z and even that does too much for me, i'm still learning about it and the things it can do. It is nice to have the extra features and stuff though.

I think too, it for sure makes a better day when you have nice quality equipment to use when either working on things or like me just doing  hobby stuff.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it loads!  :-+

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline noidea

• Supporter
« Reply #7639 on: December 12, 2018, 11:24:16 am »
Scissors!
These Engineer scissors are really cool. I have the same ones, they can cut quite a lot of things.
+2
I have a pair and they are great, I call them my robot scissors

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7640 on: December 12, 2018, 11:45:15 am »
Scissors!
These Engineer scissors are really cool. I have the same ones, they can cut quite a lot of things.
+2
I have a pair and they are great, I call them my robot scissors

Ha ha!

I have a couple other things from the same brand. Tweezers which are great, they are very sharp and stay poker straight and most importantly they are very very robust even after a few months of using them.
I have a couple of sets of their long nose pliers too, snipe nose and also the just plain long nose which are the same as the tweezers and scissors. I would highly recommend any of the stuff I have from them, no complaints what's so ever. I will also buy more of their range in the future as I go along.
They are a wee bit more expensive but not too much for the quality they provide. I find CK quite a good brand too for the price but Engineer is just a bit stronger I feel.

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7641 on: December 12, 2018, 09:39:13 pm »
Delivered today: TTi TGA12104

A 4 channel arbitrary function generator in excellent condition.

It's a design from a couple of years ago, but still available new.
Price new today: €4956 + sales tax.
I paid: £500 + sales tax.

https://www.aimtti.com/product-category/arbitrary-generators/aim-tga12100series
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:53:27 am by glarsson »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #7642 on: December 13, 2018, 01:07:50 am »

I paid: £400 + sales tax.

Close call. I was talking to them about that unit until you snagged it from under my nose. I hope you enjoy it!

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7643 on: December 13, 2018, 06:43:15 am »

I paid: £400 + sales tax.

That's a proper arbitrary function generator! Nice machine!  :-+

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7644 on: December 13, 2018, 09:07:39 am »
Close call. I was talking to them about that unit until you snagged it from under my nose. I hope you enjoy it!
I hope so. I have been looking at it before but was not prepared to pay €6000 for it. My first thought about the £400 was that it must be a wreck, but it doesn't seem to have had much use. Clean, no scratches and no stickers. Perfect BNC connectors and very little dust inside even though it has a big fan blowing unfiltered air into the enclosure.

Spectacular startup when it performs power on tests and clicks its relays. It has 44!

Nice seller (MCS Test Equipment). The unit passed their cal lab for a check out before shipping and the also included an industrial class CF card. Didn't expect that considering the price.

Offline InductorbackEMF

• Regular Contributor
  • Repair/Rebuilding.
Want a cup of TEA? (just one more meter please..)
Alex.

Offline AngraMelo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7646 on: December 14, 2018, 02:01:29 pm »
I bought a bunch of boards and eeproms, ram memory and such from a Boeing 727 that went to the junk yard including stuff of the black box.
Paid next to nothing and there are some very cools stuff. A lot of 74 logic and LCD displays

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, TheNewLab

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7647 on: December 14, 2018, 07:38:20 pm »
Couldn't resist for 68€...
At least I'm aware I have issues  ;)
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7648 on: December 14, 2018, 10:48:06 pm »
I bought a bunch of boards and eeproms, ram memory and such from a Boeing 727 that went to the junk yard including stuff of the black box.
Paid next to nothing and there are some very cools stuff. A lot of 74 logic and LCD displays
This really needs pictures  :-+

The following users thanked this post: TheNewLab

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #7649 on: December 15, 2018, 04:14:30 am »
Couldn't resist for 68€...
At least I'm aware I have issues  ;)

Nice score.  :-+

Any plan for the probe power unit ? DIY or wait for 1143A ?

If you choosed to DIY , PM me anytime if you need to peek inside the 1143A power unit.

Scored mine while ago ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf