Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2754626 times)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #7825 on: January 18, 2019, 03:18:03 am »
Retail TEA support therapy was needed. I had zero anythings of any sort expected and I was feeling edgy not being able to track movements of orders so I am now waiting on a set of bumpers and handle for my 34401A 'used' out of China  :palm: and a MICSIG differential probe from 'Chullora' in Sydney (which is also a suburb of Hong Kong where WIN Logistics are actually based)  :horse:

The 'Truth' is out there but just not on the Bay of Evil.
That 34401A is looking a bit naked, yes.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7826 on: January 18, 2019, 03:52:07 am »
Got myself a new-in-box EPROM Eraser, so I promptly tore it apart to see what's inside. :D

I had to laugh at "it's made by Leap". Needs a little handle mounted on the tray I think.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #7827 on: January 19, 2019, 12:05:43 pm »
Got myself a new-in-box EPROM Eraser, so I promptly tore it apart to see what's inside. :D

I had to laugh at "it's made by Leap". Needs a little handle mounted on the tray I think.

I agree, I think I could find a nice chrome handle in Akihabara. I'm sure I saw a few different sizes at the store selling enclosures and stuff.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7828 on: January 20, 2019, 04:11:27 pm »
Ordered this from Amazon on Wednesday and it was delivered on Friday. Pretty amazing considering I chose the "Free Shipping" option.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #7829 on: January 20, 2019, 10:56:28 pm »
Ordered this from Amazon on Wednesday and it was delivered on Friday. Pretty amazing considering I chose the "Free Shipping" option.

Office Space fan?  :-+

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #7830 on: January 21, 2019, 12:38:16 am »

That is surprising considering Amazon usually just sits on your order until the appointed time offset for "free shipping" duration.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #7831 on: January 21, 2019, 02:34:11 pm »
Used, like new 34461A for $600 from Korea. Plus $100 EMS shipping.
This is to replace the DMM4050 currently on my bench radiating EMI to nearby circuits.
Also, with the recent addition of an E36313A, this means I finally have a full-Keysight bench.
Tinfoil shield on that DMM4050 perhaps?  ;D
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #7832 on: January 21, 2019, 02:51:02 pm »
This is to replace the DMM4050 currently on my bench radiating EMI to nearby circuits.
Also, with the recent addition of an E36313A, this means I finally have a full-Keysight bench.
Tinfoil shield on that DMM4050 perhaps?  ;D
Joking aside, wouldn't aluminium or copper tape on the inside of the enclosure, perhaps with a coat of lacquer or nonconductive tape to avoid accidental shorts, actually help?  Assuming it is not radiating off the wires and such.

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7833 on: January 21, 2019, 03:02:58 pm »
The enclosure is metal...

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #7834 on: January 21, 2019, 05:37:21 pm »
Does "a full-Keysight bench" carry bonuses? +2 to Eevblog forum cred? -1 to fumble fingers?

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #7835 on: January 21, 2019, 05:41:46 pm »
The vfd window is the culprit.
Transparent EMI shielding, then?  Perhaps an ITO film over it?

(Just wondering, in case I have a similar problem one day; I do use small OLED displays, and it may bite me in the butt.  Would be interesting to know if ITO or similar conductive film works, or if display/device replacement is the only real option.)

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7836 on: January 22, 2019, 05:52:56 pm »
Well, the stapler was on sale and I'd been meaning to buy a good one for years. All I had until now was a "Little Goliath", which is decent for its size though it struggles to staple more than a few sheets at once. But yeah, I chose the red color because of the movie.

That is surprising considering Amazon usually just sits on your order until the appointed time offset for "free shipping" duration.

I know what you mean. I was thinking this must have been some kind of mistake, but I ordered a few more things Sunday night, chose the free shipping option again, and got an email Monday saying everything had shipped with estimated delivery on Wednesday (tomorrow). Both orders were shipped by USPS direct, none of that stupid hand-off Smartpost/Surepost garbage.

The following users thanked this post: djos

Offline GigaJoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7837 on: January 22, 2019, 07:08:15 pm »
The vfd window in s the culprit.

need to find a broken microwave, tear front door apart, and glue it to DMM ; as an option toss all DMM in microwave ... problem solved ...

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #7838 on: January 22, 2019, 07:46:18 pm »
Well, the stapler was on sale and I'd been meaning to buy a good one for years. All I had until now was a "Little Goliath", which is decent for its size though it struggles to staple more than a few sheets at once. But yeah, I chose the red color because of the movie.

I have a heavy duty Swingline that I picked up from Wally World.  It will handle 40 sheets and I did actually get to test it.  Worked fine.  Mine is orange, black and grey, kind of urban, home office camo.

I know what you mean. I was thinking this must have been some kind of mistake, but I ordered a few more things Sunday night, chose the free shipping option again, and got an email Monday saying everything had shipped with estimated delivery on Wednesday (tomorrow). Both orders were shipped by USPS direct, none of that stupid hand-off Smartpost/Surepost garbage.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7839 on: January 22, 2019, 09:00:14 pm »

Office Space!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/?ref_=nv_sr_1

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:03:42 pm by Kjelt »

The following users thanked this post: djos

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #7840 on: January 22, 2019, 09:20:23 pm »

Office Space!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Such a great movie!  8)

Offline dmills

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7841 on: January 22, 2019, 09:42:07 pm »
A HP 85047A (S parameter test set) to replace a '46A that somebody had buggered about with (Electronic transfer switch had been replaced with a mechanical one, fine until you want S12 AND S21 at the same time!).

Now I just need to suss out how to hack the 8753C so it enables the 6GHz mode with the multiplier in the '47A and life will be good (Until I then discover that my APC cal kit is not good to 6GHz!).

It seems to be functioning, now just need to wait for the VNA to warm up before tying to calibrate.

Regards, Dan.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7842 on: January 23, 2019, 09:47:24 pm »
That Amazon order I placed Sunday night with the cheap free shipping?

Expected Delivery on Wednesday 23 January 2019 by 8:00pm

Status
Delivered

January 23, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Delivered, Front Door/Porch

I won't bother with a picture as there was nothing really special. Another Wali M001 monitor desk mount and an extension for the one I already have, a 4 pack of eneloop pro AAA, and a Transcend RDF-5 USB Card Reader.

edit to add: There was absolutely no packing material at all in the box. Everything was just tossed in loose. Nothing was terribly fragile, but I'm kind of surprised the box wasn't torn up from the heavier items banging around.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:58:59 pm by rdl »

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7843 on: January 23, 2019, 09:59:07 pm »
I wanted to get an AY-AT component tester so I could take advantage of the latest OS firmware.  Saw that the "assembled" version on the Bay was only $2 more than the DIY version, so I went for it.  Maybe I should have spent an hour soldering it myself instead?   :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #7844 on: January 23, 2019, 10:49:30 pm »
I wanted to get an AY-AT component tester so I could take advantage of the latest OS firmware.  Saw that the "assembled" version on the Bay was only $2 more than the DIY version, so I went for it.  Maybe I should have spent an hour soldering it myself instead?   :-DD
It looks like some poor soul actually hand soldered that for those $2.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #7845 on: January 23, 2019, 11:33:28 pm »
A little stash of these 18650 powerbank modules some bloke with a Swiss Accent 'made me buy'  ;)

Tip - buy them in pairs to get 'free shipping' https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP32-ESP32S-For-Wemos-For-Raspberry-Pi-18650-Battery-Charge-Shield-Board-V3-Micro-USB-Port/32870411748.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.29a54c4djeAVDC

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7847 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:43 pm »
I got some of these because my skinny behind doesn't have enough cushion on it.....
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Online McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7848 on: January 25, 2019, 07:41:23 am »
I got some of these because my skinny behind doesn't have enough cushion on it.....

There's another shop that sells solutions to that "problem". They have a big yellow M over the door.  :D

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7849 on: January 25, 2019, 08:23:29 am »

There's another shop that sells solutions to that "problem". They have a big yellow M over the door.  :D

McBryce.

Nice 1  :-DD
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf