Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2781803 times)

OneGeekGuy and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #9450 on: March 22, 2020, 09:45:18 pm »
Not exactly purchased today, but finally manage to get liquid electrical tape to finish my DIY EMC probes as proposed in Dave Jones video

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:50:09 pm by Mortymore »

Offline Ground_Loop

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9451 on: March 23, 2020, 12:44:23 am »
Nice Erem Pliers.
There's no point getting old if you don't have stories.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #9452 on: March 23, 2020, 01:39:10 am »
Not exactly purchased today, but finally manage to get liquid electrical tape to finish my DIY EMC probes as proposed in Dave Jones video

Nicely done! :-+ I guess I should make some, too.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9453 on: March 23, 2020, 11:02:43 am »
Shares in Kleenex  ^-^

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #9454 on: March 23, 2020, 04:42:52 pm »
The merchant arrived today at our humble village bringing precious cargo from foreign lands...  :-DD

954816-0
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9455 on: March 24, 2020, 09:53:25 am »
Ordered a tube of Krytox lube, I have been looking for this stuff for ages (at a reasonable price). I ended up with the 240 AD with a viscosity of ~1500 cSt, I have no frame of reference as to how goopy that stuff is but I'm sure it's more than good enough to lube my torches with...probably.  ^-^

And I got a cheapo sound level meter and lux meter. I have a G Shock that needs 50,000 lux for 5 minutes a day and I needed to know if I can just leave a flashlight blasting at it a few times a month.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #9456 on: March 24, 2020, 10:06:11 am »
Ordered a tube of Krytox lube, I have been looking for this stuff for ages (at a reasonable price). I ended up with the 240 AD with a viscosity of ~1500 cSt, I have no frame of reference as to how goopy that stuff is but I'm sure it's more than good enough to lube my torches with...probably.  ^-^

And I got a cheapo sound level meter and lux meter. I have a G Shock that needs 50,000 lux for 5 minutes a day and I needed to know if I can just leave a flashlight blasting at it a few times a month.

You need a set of viscosity cups so you can check the claimed viscosity when it arrives. Heavy oil or Glycerin is close unless you want to add the cups to the collection  ;)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9457 on: March 24, 2020, 10:23:13 am »
Just received a bottle of Isopropanol to replenish my stock.

I kind of feel sorry for our useless GLS delivery guy. For the past few years, he was able to wrongly claim that no-one was home and dump all the parcels at the local pickup shop, having not even attempted to deliver anything. Now that everyone's stuck at home, he'll need to find a new excuse.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9458 on: March 24, 2020, 08:04:43 pm »
Hand sanitiser, direct from the production line. Helps to know a canning factory near me, who supplies us with some products, and he is running a batch for other customers, but is close to running out of raw ingredients, because for some reason, they are not available.

At least I got 10 cans for me, and enough for everybody else that ordered as well, and there will be another delivery tomorrow. Unlike the rest of the price gougers, who charge a minimum of $7 a can, these came in at under $2 each. After the neighbours got I have 6 left to last me for the quarantine period, and should be way more than enough. 3 weeks self isolation coming up soon...........

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #9459 on: March 25, 2020, 01:14:13 pm »
I have 6 left to last me for the quarantine period, and should be way more than enough. 3 weeks self isolation coming up soon...........
You don't need any when you're in isolation, that's the whole point of the quarantine, you're not in contact with people/stuff that might be infected...

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9460 on: March 25, 2020, 01:31:06 pm »
Toilet paper.................. :(

Offline Gary350z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9461 on: March 25, 2020, 01:55:31 pm »
Knipex 8 inch long nose pliers with knurled jaws (product number 26 11 200).
These appear to be well made.

Glow-in-the-dark paper, 8.5 x 11 inch.
Very fun stuff. You can draw on it with a small flashlight or UV laser. It is responsive to white, purple, and UV light, but not at all to red or green light. I didn't try blue light.
It glows quite bright when exposed to bright light.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9462 on: March 25, 2020, 07:21:04 pm »
Two buys today:

Another (the third now) Aidetek Box-all 144 SMD case, because after testing many different systems, these are without a doubt the best SMD sortment cases around.

And a spur of the moment buy: A Fluke 8060A because I sold my original and regretted it just days later. For €40 in great condition, calibrated and fully working I couldn't pass it by.

McBryce.

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #9463 on: March 26, 2020, 12:51:02 am »
Two buys today:

Another (the third now) Aidetek Box-all 144 SMD case, because after testing many different systems, these are without a doubt the best SMD sortment cases around.

And a spur of the moment buy: A Fluke 8060A because I sold my original and regretted it just days later. For €40 in great condition, calibrated and fully working I couldn't pass it by.

McBryce.
Nice purchases; I will look the SMD case later today - still looking for a definitive and space-saving solution for that.

I have been on the fence to let go of my 8020A, 8060A and 8062A but just couldn't have the heart to do it yet. The first is a family treasure, while the two others are simply excellent units.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9464 on: March 26, 2020, 01:31:34 am »

Very very interesting, thanks for sharing!

They are quite reasonably priced on eBay/Aliexpress, I think I may have to pick up a couple of the 96 size ones. I was just thinking the other day that it's such a waste of space to use the trays on a pull out storage cabinet to store SMD parts.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #9465 on: March 26, 2020, 08:16:07 am »
JFYI there are two versions of aidetek cases: esd-safe and normal. I don't have a normal one, I have two pieces of esd-safe (black ones). They are made of conducting plastic.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9466 on: March 26, 2020, 08:32:12 am »
I only have the non-ESD safe versions at the moment as I only needed storage for passive parts. I may get one later. I'd recommend the 144 version over the 96 version. The size difference is minimal and the 144 trays allow you to have a complete set of resisitors and capacitors of one size in the box. So I have a 1206, 0805 and 0603 box now.

McBryce.

Offline LarryS

« Reply #9467 on: March 26, 2020, 10:22:07 pm »
I've never visited this topic before.
BK precision makes an LCR meter.
I have DER EE DE-5000
BK has a very good prob for their meter.
I think everyone know that the alligator clips the come with the DE-5000 are c**p!
Well, the BK TL8KC1 fit the DE-5000. 

That is what I bought for my DE-5000.  Work great!!  $30 US

The following users thanked this post: sab

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9468 on: March 27, 2020, 08:32:45 am »
I've never visited this topic before.
BK precision makes an LCR meter.
I have DER EE DE-5000
BK has a very good prob for their meter.
I think everyone know that the alligator clips the come with the DE-5000 are c**p!
Well, the BK TL8KC1 fit the DE-5000. 

That is what I bought for my DE-5000.  Work great!!  $30 US

I'm currently working on a 3D printed version so that you can make your own. The picture below will be a 4x BNC version so that many different probes could be attached. Just waiting for the sockets to arrive now. The PCB is just a trial at the moment too. The PCB needs to be 1mm thick which I also needed to order, the PCB in the picture is 1.6mm and doesn't fit into the meters slots.

McBryce.

The following users thanked this post: exe, Mortymore

Offline xmo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9469 on: March 27, 2020, 03:03:57 pm »
ET4401 LCR meter.  It's on its way from China.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9470 on: March 27, 2020, 04:42:39 pm »
I have 6 left to last me for the quarantine period, and should be way more than enough. 3 weeks self isolation coming up soon...........
You don't need any when you're in isolation, that's the whole point of the quarantine, you're not in contact with people/stuff that might be infected...

Got to take the garbage out on the appropriate day, so will be touching things. plus communal living, so there are other people around, and I have to at least walk a little to the bin. There are only 7 bins, and they need to go out, or else we will have a big rat problem, as it is the weekly collection does mean I can feed a whole gecko population on the maggots that grow. Our cleaner is at home as well, so if I do not none of the others will take them out, either from being old, or from being unable to look at the crawlies while dragging the bins up the drive.

Going to be fun back at work, no collection for a month, those bins will probably fly themselves out, if the monkeys have not picked them clean. Probably have another green Mamba under there as well snacking on the wildlife. Dave does not have all the deadly wildlife by him, I have at least 4 deadly snakes common by me. Black and green Mamba, night adder and spitting cobra. Puffadders further inland though, who do not move when you come towards them, as they are ambush predators.

Offline jxjbsd

• Regular Contributor
  • 喜欢电子技术的网络工程师
« Reply #9471 on: March 28, 2020, 03:03:16 pm »
ET4401 LCR meter.  It's on its way from China.
Hello, this instrument is about 160 dollars. I want to know how much is the freight to the United States?
Analog instruments can tell us what they know, digital instruments can tell us what they guess.

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #9472 on: March 28, 2020, 09:07:29 pm »
A pair of 5Gbps network adapters

Offline sarel.wagner

• Regular Contributor
  • Cooking up an Electronix Storm
« Reply #9473 on: March 29, 2020, 06:11:20 am »
Last things I piked up before our national lockdown......
Had to be this, not food or anything else  ::)

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, julianhigginson, Mortymore, bd139, beanflying

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #9474 on: March 29, 2020, 06:13:19 am »
Last things I piked up before our national lockdown......
Had to be this, not food or anything else  ::)

Must have been a worldwide disposal going on I scored a 720 and 721A in Oz two weeks ago. No Food also  ;D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf