Author Topic: What is it with this Rossmann guy? (also, YouTube)  (Read 25037 times)

Offline sainter

• Regular Contributor
Re: What is it with this Rossmann guy? (also, YouTube)
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2017, 11:43:11 am »
Louis Rossmann isn't a youtuber for a living. He is a business owner and a successful one as I understand. He is advocating for Right to Repair and his Youtube channel is primarily is used to educate people.

This is why he has no intent to keep indulging people who has no desire to learn. He don't edit his video because if you want to get information, you will watch at the empty seat and wait for him to return :)

The following users thanked this post: cdev, Richard Crowley, Mickster

Offline lundmar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2017, 01:54:31 pm »
Rossman can seem to be a bit brash at times but I like the guy  :-+

If he bans someone on his YT channel it's his choice.
https://lxi-tools.github.io - Open source LXI tools
https://tio.github.io - A simple serial device I/O tool

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »
That is definitely the the end.

So you lost Rossmann YT channel and then the EEVblog, that´s soooo sad.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline julian1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
I'm not sure why, probably some asinine comment I posted while drunk, as practically everyone does on a bad day.

You are an Apple lawyer?

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »
Just wanted to point out that it is possible a chat moderator banned you and not Louis himself. Could even (unlikely) have been a mistake. It's very silly and petty that you would criticise his skills and intelligence now after you watched him for so long & even participated by making comments. This is indicative of the kind of person deserving of a ban.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »
Fire department here, we came over here because we smelled something overheating and possibly burning. Has anyone spotted smoke? Wait a minute...*sniff sniff sniiiifff*

Ah, we have found the source of the smell...it is the OP getting ROASTED. Do we need to get a hose? >:D

Sorry...couldn't resist ;)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 06:20:51 pm »
I won't recant anything I've stated because it's all true and I will say flat out that Rossmann is an unintelligent ass with a trigger-happy ban finger. That's his right and it's my right to fight against his dumbassery, hence this thread. Which I originally intended to be against YouTube shadow banning but that is now a separate thing. I harbor no major ill will towards you (everyone has a "thing" we fight for) and I hope i can buy you a pint the next time I'm in the AU where we can really hash this Rossmann guy out in every sense because I have so many strong views. ;)

So, in the OP you state that you used to be a big fan, but now that you've been banned from his channel he's now an 'unintelligent ass' who engages in 'dumbassery'.   :palm:

There's definitely dumbassery involved, but I don't think it's Louis...   ::)

Dude - you're in a hole.  Stop digging.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 08:08:53 pm »
It seems Sprok has deleted or emptied his posts. That's probably as close to an admission of bad judgement as we're going to get. Or did Louis get a moderator account on these forums?  ;D

Good luck Sprok, wherever you are. I hope life treats you well.

The following users thanked this post: sprok

Offline Rbastler

• Frequent Contributor
  • Wörk Wörk
    • Rbastlers Blog
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:07 pm »
A GIF with Louis playing his mini violin that he used in one of his videos would be perfect here.
http://rbastlerblog.jimdo.com/
Gamma spectrometer works. Now some yellow crystals need regenerating and testing.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2017, 08:26:07 pm »
It seems Sprok has deleted or emptied his posts. That's probably as close to an admission of bad judgement as we're going to get. Or did Louis get a moderator account on these forums?  ;D

Sometimes the decks are purposefully stacked against you (I'm referring simply to the Admin thing). I'll buy you one too when I'm in town.

So far as I can tell, he didn't use his admin powers against you at all, nor did he threaten to. He merely contributed to the discussion.

Or were you suggesting that Dave Jones isn't allowed to have a voice here? It's his forum, after all.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2017, 08:26:49 pm »

Sometimes the decks are purposefully stacked against you (I'm referring simply to the Admin thing).

And sometimes you just find yourself in a position when no one agrees with you, and you have said some demonstrably wrong things.
I'm not the one who deleted or edited your posts, you did.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:09 pm »
I'm 100% OK with that and you are perfectly fine in this regard, but that isn't Rossmann. Trust me. Go back and watch his live videos. He is like "What is this comment I don't understand?" Ban! For a public figure the guy is crazy but I understand I'm going against the grain at this point and that I simply shouldn't care (as I've said, I wouldn't care if I hadn't already given him  support/money).
Don't forget he's a New Yorker. They're a little more... direct than others, but not bad people.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2017, 09:05:54 pm »
Once you donate money to any cause, let go of it emotionally. It's not yours anymore.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:13 pm »
Not many people are aware of how much (or how) the online world is influenced by firms that get paid to manipulate it.

They don't play by the rules.  When I asked a friend (a real life Mad Man- in fact, thats where we were at that moment.) who knew a lot about them about how they did what they do and why, he directed me to this:

https://www.clear.rice.edu/comp551/papers/HalloyEtAl-RobotsAndRoaches-Science2007.pdf

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:38:13 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2017, 09:34:05 pm »
The attacks against me just because I don't like the guy are a thing though and that's why I'm not "here" any more.

The thing is, you are the one who bought up the topic for discussion, so you have to handle the responses.
And you are confusing "attacks" with people not agreeing with you. The "attack" was done by you on on Louis, calling him unintelligent, a dumbarse, pathological insane etc
Remember this is a not a technical discussion you started, it's a personal topic where you expressed your opinion on (and basically attacked) a popular personality in this field. What you got in response is what could have been reasonably expected.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2017, 11:31:20 pm »
For someone who's no longer 'here', you seem to be here quite a bit.   :horse:

Again, stop digging.   ::)

-Pat

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2017, 11:36:16 pm »
Holy hell, I pray for the death of this thread. :)

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2017, 11:41:58 pm »
I just assumed this was all a lesson on proper trolling.  Ban the account and move on.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2017, 11:43:21 pm »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2017, 11:47:29 pm »
I just assumed this was all a lesson on proper trolling.  Ban the account and move on.
This isn't proper trolling in my book. Proper trolling is clever, and should evoke a huge response from a relatively minor input. Plant the seed and watch things grow into something grotesque, so to speak, with just some occasional watering.

Offline KNSSoftware

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2017, 12:00:26 am »
If he is banned, which poor sod's forum will he cry to next?  This ordeal in front of a huge EE community surely makes his original end of life as he knows it whine, seem petty and ridiculous?  Hindsight and all that jazz...

Offline KNSSoftware

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2017, 12:05:44 am »
PS would it be bad taste to start a new topic called ' PING Louis Rossmann, you're needed in ER! ...'  Only in this place could this dude be on both ends of the spectrum within posts of each other.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2017, 01:11:51 am »
I know, right? I keep getting sucked in. The entire original post I wanted to make was about how YouTube shadow banning should not be a thing and that channels like Rossmann are using it to their advantage (ie. you're banned but continue to view because you don't know you're banned). I take full blame for derailing this thing.  :palm:

<emphasis added>  Well, you say that now, but when you started the thread, it wasn't about shadow banning, it was bitching about Louis having banned you, for reasons you weren't entirely certain of but you suspect having a bad day and drunk posting may have been the impetus, and how much his channel was suffering.  You got called on it, then doubled down complaining about how incompetent and stupid Louis is, got some more flak, flounced, came back, deleted all of your posts, flounced a few more times, and are now trying to rewrite history and tell us that you meant something different than what you said and repeated. 

:palm:

-Pat

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:04 am »
Again, I won't recant anything I said about Louis
... and then ...
The only reason I have deleted posts was because "admin" (whoever that is, probably not Dave) was participating.
You say you "won't" - but in the next breath you say - and we can see - that you have.  It's a sad reflection when you stand tall upon principle and then clear the decks when the pressure is on.  Such a response is rather revealing of character ... and entirely consistent with what I have observed so far.

I'm not giving views and profit for things I have done if you're going to ridicule me, it's that simple.
This is almost hilarious.  You think far too much of yourself.

I think you are overblowing the whole "drunk posting" thing.
How can we, when it has been obvious from the outset that you came here looking for support because of it?  (See following comment as well.)

Yes, I made a stupid post. It wasn't a ban-worthy post. I don't think anyone on this planet would think that except Rossmann on a bad day. I posted what I thought my comment was, it was "bad" (ie. stupid) but not anything crazy.
Here, you use words like "bad" and "stupid" - and you're the one trying to defend yourself!  It is obvious  you feel it should be your judgement that is used to determine whether a ban is in order - not the person who carries the responsibility for the channel.  You may not agree with it, but its not your place to make the call.  Get over it.

Coming here, admitting you were drunk and then seeking support is just highlighting how far off you are in exercising judgement.  Add to that your "posturing" on principles which failed in a single thread and your credibility has fallen to less than the value of a cow pat ... one which you continue to step in.

What you continue to fail to see is that, were you not drunk at the time, it is entirely possible that you would not have made the comment that got you banned.

WE can see that - and we can see that you still want to defend it - with the excuse of your being drunk at the time.  We are not "overblowing the whole "drunk posting" thing" ... we are trying to point out that this gives away far more information about yourself than you realise.  I thought I made that very clear here:
It is founded on the admission:
I'm banned as well. I'm not sure why, probably some asinine comment I posted while drunk, as practically everyone does on a bad day.
... and everything which is revealed in it.

In a nutshell, I don't know if drinking is a problem for you, but your attitude to it is a problem for me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:15:39 am by Brumby »

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2017, 02:16:35 am »
For someone who's no longer 'here', you seem to be here quite a bit.   :horse:

Again, stop digging.   ::)

-Pat

Seems he's put away the shovel and brought out the backhoe.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf