Author Topic: Fluke 287/289 or a new bench meter?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Terry01Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Fluke 287/289 or a new bench meter?
« on: February 16, 2018, 10:53:52 pm »
I'm in 2 minds whether to get another/better Fluke or get my 1st bench meter. I have the Fluke 177 which I like but an upgrade will be nice! I also have the Brymen 867 so don't need another meter, I just ""really need"" a new meter!

Any suggestions one way or the other welcome? ? ?   :-//
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: Fluke 287/289 or a new bench meter?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:34:06 pm »
Unless you have a specific application or requirement for a stand alone logging and graphing meter then save your money, you already have two very reliable and accurate multimeters. The pc connection cable and software for the Brymen 867 could also be a valid option if you are after some additional functionality.

Offline RayRay

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 11:37:16 pm »
I agree with the above. You have no reason to get another multimeter.
I'd suggest you invest the money elsewhere (buy something you don't currently have and actually need, or some kind of improved version of a very low-end product you already own)

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:15:58 pm »
I'm no big fan of the Fluke 287/289. At this pricepoint i suggest to look for something else usefull.

If you still want a Multimeter, then i suggest a bench-multimeter.

Offline Terry01Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 09:38:19 pm »
I ended up pulling the trigger on a 289! I've wanted 1 for a wee while now, i dunno why I just like the look of the meter. So I got 1!
I should get it in a couple of days.  :)

I was looking at a Keithly 6 & 1/2 digit meter that's up on Ebay. I don't know what that will end up going for it looks like a really nice meter. I'll get a bench meter for sure next time!  :)

There's just too many to choose from! If I like the 289 I think i'll get rid of my 177.....maybe! LOL I started saying that 3 meters ago and still have my 1st purchase! I will "this time" though?!  :P 

It's so addictive all the test gear, I just want to keep getting more even when I don't really need it. I was even looking at scopes too earlier today! It can be an expensive hobby right? I nearly convinced myself to get a scope too before I caught myself!   :box:
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf