Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1228700 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #1725 on: November 27, 2021, 12:51:27 pm »
I came across that Polish Hesta site a few months back, I got my friend in Poland to communicate with them and they said they do not actually have stock, those pages are just there as placeholders or for Google to find their site  :palm:
Unfortunately several of these part procurement sites are like that: full of "vapourware"...
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1726 on: December 13, 2021, 12:25:54 am »
I have a consumer DAC chip I can't identify. Takes both coax and optical inputs. Does 24b/192khz. Says 1618 A9D1D on the 28 pin SSOP. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:22:56 am by don.r »

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1727 on: December 13, 2021, 11:34:42 pm »
1618 without brand marking? I wonder if it's a knockoff of the TI PCM1681. HTSSOP-28 with 24-bit 192-kHz DAC.

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/pcm1681.pdf

The following users thanked this post: don.r

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1728 on: December 14, 2021, 12:07:45 am »
Good try but no dice. The 1681 is 8 channel but this dac is 2 channel. Also this one takes digital from the right and spits analog out to the left whereas most TI's do the opposite.

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1729 on: December 14, 2021, 01:46:45 am »
Maybe something closer like the AD1853 or AD1955?

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1730 on: December 14, 2021, 02:46:21 am »
I'll have to trace the pinouts but yes I think it might be an Analog Devices clone of some kind or maybe a Cirrus. The board has a 2019 date on the silkscreen but I am certain it's an obsolete part that was cloned.

Online nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1731 on: December 14, 2021, 09:59:07 pm »
Does anyone recognise this type of encoder please? It's an Alps brand quadrature but I can't seem to find it on the 'net. The only markings are the "Alps" name and "140r" but Google doesn't throw up anything useful.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1732 on: December 14, 2021, 10:12:28 pm »
@nali: This really look like a potentiometer, you sure that is an encoder (continuous rotation and giving pulses) and not a variable resistor, I've never seen this this stile of ALps encoders, even for the panel mounts ?

https://wittko.eu/product-alpha-rv16af-potentiometer-16mm-10k-lin-achse-6x15mm-metall

Could you measure in between the side  contacts and/or center and one side with an ohmeter and rotate the shat  ?

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1733 on: December 14, 2021, 10:16:08 pm »
Looks a potentiometer to me... 140 Ohm perhaps, though it seems a weird value. A simple test with an Ohm meter would tell.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1734 on: December 14, 2021, 10:18:58 pm »
Does anyone recognise this type of encoder please? It's an Alps brand quadrature but I can't seem to find it on the 'net. The only markings are the "Alps" name and "140r" but Google doesn't throw up anything useful.

In case is an actual encoder maybe you find some compatible one (same shaft length, diameter) on Leo Bodnar's store:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_75&products_id=191

Online nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1735 on: December 14, 2021, 10:36:45 pm »
@nali: This really look like a potentiometer, you sure that is an encoder (continuous rotation and giving pulses) and not a variable resistor, I've never seen this this stile of ALps encoders, even for the panel mounts ?

https://wittko.eu/product-alpha-rv16af-potentiometer-16mm-10k-lin-achse-6x15mm-metall

Could you measure in between the side  contacts and/or center and one side with an ohmeter and rotate the shat  ?

Nope, it's 100% a quadrature encoder. I've had them in my parts bin for ages, and used them for breadboarding but now I wanted to use them for a project so was hoping to find a datasheet mainly to get the mechanical details of the locating pin for a panel I'm 3D printing.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1736 on: December 14, 2021, 10:50:31 pm »
Mechanical details are trivial. One shaft, one locating pin. Three measurements (shaft diameter, pin diameter, distance between them) with a caliper will give you everything you need to know to drill a panel. Test on some scrap to be sure, and if it's right you just made a template.

Online nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1737 on: December 15, 2021, 10:15:08 am »
Mechanical details are trivial. One shaft, one locating pin. Three measurements (shaft diameter, pin diameter, distance between them) with a caliper will give you everything you need to know to drill a panel. Test on some scrap to be sure, and if it's right you just made a template.

Sure, and that's what I'll do - if I don't find a datasheet. I'll be 3D printing BTW not drilling so it's measure / print / try /change... much easier if one has the dimensions to start with  :)

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1738 on: December 16, 2021, 02:11:21 am »
Sure, and that's what I'll do - if I don't find a datasheet. I'll be 3D printing BTW not drilling so it's measure / print / try /change... much easier if one has the dimensions to start with  :)

Looks like manufacturers have done away with the circular tab, most likely because flat tabs that fit in circular holes (or even slots the width of the locator) should work just fine.

So I got to thinking (after looking at dozens of pots with similar pins) that these anti-rotation pins are most likely going to fit the same hole pattern regardless of functionality. Why reinvent the wheel? So I found a couple of images with dimensions and thought perhaps one would be a match...

The following users thanked this post: nali

Online nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1739 on: December 16, 2021, 08:32:27 pm »
Thanks... but unfortunately they don't :( These encoders are a bit larger than most pots and the dimensions don't match. It's not a huge problem as I can measure them as accuately as I need to in order to be able to mount them, I was really just hoping someone might recognise the part which would let me find a datasheet.

Offline Foxxz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1740 on: February 12, 2022, 03:52:46 am »
Can anyone ID the card edge connector on this board on Amazon? I'd like to spin a custom board to interface to these power supplies. I'd like to use an edge connector thats 90 degrees to the board instead of inline. Not mining related - I just want to mount a bunch of 12v barrel jacks onto a board to some SBCs.
https://www.amazon.com/XT-XINTE-Supply-Server-Adapter-Breakout/dp/B07G13TNMH/

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1741 on: February 12, 2022, 06:43:30 am »
Can anyone ID the card edge connector on this board on Amazon? I'd like to spin a custom board to interface to these power supplies. I'd like to use an edge connector thats 90 degrees to the board instead of inline. Not mining related - I just want to mount a bunch of 12v barrel jacks onto a board to some SBCs.
https://www.amazon.com/XT-XINTE-Supply-Server-Adapter-Breakout/dp/B07G13TNMH/

Maybe this? You'll have to confirm number of positions, pitch, card thickness are within specs and that it's the mounting style you want.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/1761468-1/2310803

Offline Foxxz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1742 on: February 12, 2022, 02:59:41 pm »
Thank you, that appears to be it. Using that part information, I was able to find a 90° version of the connector. Looks like 64 pins divided into 32 into two rows.

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1743 on: February 12, 2022, 11:06:22 pm »
Interesting coincidence. I found a similar search yesterday. Might provide additional information...

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1744 on: February 19, 2022, 06:56:08 am »
Hi all - my search abilities are failing me.  This:

is the 5 V regulator pass transistor used in an HP 1120-1526 digital panel meter and appears to be an NPN.  It is located at the top along the right edge of the image below, this is the solder-side view of the board and the transistor is viewed from the bottom; yellow is the unregulated feed into the collector and turquoise is the 5 V regulated line.

I'm currently working further to reverse engineer the regulator circuit, but would like to find the specs on the pass transistor.  Anybody recognize the old RCA part number?

Thanks.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1745 on: February 19, 2022, 07:16:40 am »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1746 on: February 19, 2022, 07:45:06 am »
Not in this Pat ?
http://hparchive.com/PARTS/HP-Parts-List-1973-74.pdf

I don't recognize it as an HP part number - it's part of a digital panel meter that they bought as a sub assembly; it was made by Analogic in Wakefield, MA, rather than HP.

-Pat

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1747 on: February 19, 2022, 07:59:58 am »
Not in this Pat ?

I don't recognize it as an HP part number - it's part of a digital panel meter that they bought as a sub assembly; it was made by Analogic in Wakefield, MA, rather than HP.

-Pat
Ah okay....drawing a blank too in books and searches here.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1748 on: February 19, 2022, 08:39:55 am »
Not in this Pat ?

-Pat
Ah okay....drawing a blank too in books and searches here.  :-//

Appreciate the suggestions nonetheless.  Thanks!

-Pat

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1749 on: February 19, 2022, 09:19:07 am »
RCA house coded part, done so you went to the original manufacturer for replacement parts. But being made in 1974, not going to be a very beefy transistor, or anything special. Probably easy to replace with almost any NPN power device, like a TIP31C, which likely has plenty of SOA margin, seeing likely 5V supply has 15V input and no more than 1A load maximum, limited more by the heatsinking than anything else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf