Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1220492 times)

Offline Precipice

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2014, 12:28:45 pm »
There is a bunch of very similar ICS IC's listed as LOW PHASE NOISE CLOCK MULTIPLIER here:
http://www.utsource.net/pdf/pdf-ICS614M-01T.html
Hope that helps.

Yeah, unfortunately not, I had a play with one on a breakout board, nothing good happened!

Offline Precipice

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #651 on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:07 pm »
It's shown on page 45 in this service manual : http://www.download-service-manuals.com/en/manual.php?file=Philips-4052.pdf

Maybe it helps a bit.

Ooh, that's sort of promising, thanks!
Although, if that's true, it's a multi-output 16.9344MHz to 27MHz converter, that takes enough 5V to need a local 100uF decoupler!
Still. that's enough information to trigger the bounty - where would you like your reel of these marvellous devices posted to? :)

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #652 on: September 30, 2014, 01:09:14 pm »
Still. that's enough information to trigger the bounty - where would you like your reel of these marvellous devices posted to? :)

Well... You know... I think I have to pass on this generous offer, but thanks anyway  :-+
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #653 on: October 01, 2014, 12:39:23 pm »
Hello,

I am looking for the model number or type of this connector:

http://www.back2gaming.com/wp-content/gallery/razer-hydra/razer_hydra21.jpg
(sorry for the crappy image, I don't have the device here to take a proper pic)

Here is the receptacle next to a regular micro USB connector (micro USB on the left):
http://voz.vn/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/RazerHydra-4.jpg

It is a connector used on the Razer Hydra game controller. It has 7 pins, it is slightly larger than a regular micro USB, shaped like a smaller version of a HDMI connector.

Is this something off-the-shelf or did Razer invest into a proprietary connector? I was searching for something similar at DigiKey, but couldn't find anything.

Any tips are appreciated.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #654 on: October 27, 2014, 09:10:05 pm »
Curious if anyone knows the make or type of these resistors. They are from the detector module on a PerkinElmer UV-Vis. Trying to figure out if anything is worth salvaging.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #655 on: October 27, 2014, 10:42:48 pm »
Those are high value precision ceramic resistors especially since they appear next to those lovely precision BurrBrown OpAmps ($45/piece new)  . I would keep them together with the board till I actually have specific use for them otherwise you maybe just wasting time by de-soldering something you will never ever use. If you want to sell them on Ebay - just cut out whole section of PCB with resistors and OpAmps and sell it with everything still soldered on - it worth more this way IMO.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #656 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:07 pm »
Those are high value precision ceramic resistors especially since they appear next to those lovely precision BurrBrown OpAmps ($45/piece new)  . I would keep them together with the board till I actually have specific use for them otherwise you maybe just wasting time by de-soldering something you will never ever use. If you want to sell them on Ebay - just cut out whole section of PCB with resistors and OpAmps and sell it with everything still soldered on - it worth more this way IMO.

Yeah I could tell there are high value, the highest being 1.9G I guess. I was wondering if I could find the precision, temp coeff, etc. for them or if there are datasheets are available. Since there is no manufacturer mark, I figured it was a long shot at best. The op-amps are very nice looking. Additionally, on the other side of the board are a pair of Hamamatsu S1226-44BQ extended UV range silicon photodiodes (3.6mm by 3.6mm detector area).

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:49:16 pm by PedroDaGr8 »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline TonyStewart

• Contributor
  • just another carbon life form
« Reply #657 on: October 27, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »
Looks like a floating Relay controlled DAC precision gain differential amplifier.  Reminds me of a SCADA system I designed for remote controlling Lambda PS using HP rack and HP9825 circa 1978...  Part of a research pre-launch rocket control system.

But Perkin Elmer uses for gas analyzers
Tony Stewart EE in bleeding edge R&D, TE and Mfg since 1975.

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #658 on: October 30, 2014, 05:20:57 am »
remote controlling Lambda PS
What is "Lambda PS"? Lambda brand Power Supply?  1978 - I was 5 y old, cannot recall if there were better choices of photo-diodes for optical links besides UV-enhanced ones :-) Really curious WHY god WHY !?

Offline Hardcorefs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #659 on: October 31, 2014, 02:28:16 am »
Looking to identify these:
Q101N
L8E008

L8E003, I suspect it is a 'PJ0Q' TI LOW-DROPOUT REGULATOR

Offline TonyStewart

• Contributor
« Reply #660 on: November 04, 2014, 01:12:31 pm »
In every CRT monitor or TV I have taken apart, there was this odd inductor that has a permanent magnet glued to it. Is that to offset the magnetic field generated by a DC bias current so a cheaper core can be used?

These are used for corner deflection correction magnets controlled by the CRT controller with front panel display.  Use Dead Pixel Tester (free) dpt.exe  to test all,Monitors for alignment and for LCD's useful for pixel sync testing (alternate black whiTe pixel pattern is the best pattern ) and Gamma Correction test patterns with gradient colours. Use Monitor correction to make a picture perfect calibration. Pin corner correction?

Also There are also ,Common Mode CM, chokes to suppress EMI from the video RGB 50 Ohm signals on VGA cables which carry pixel clock analog DAC rates.  DAC clock rate = number of pixels on screen * refresh rate e.g.  1920*1080*60Hz > 120MHz.  They are either snap clamped  or molded plastic 2 split C ferrite cores.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:46:43 pm by TonyStewart »

Offline Phaedrus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #661 on: November 06, 2014, 08:31:16 pm »
Can anyone help me identify this mosfet pack?

It's an 8-pin MLPD (or DFN or similar) dual N-channel mosfet pack, >30A, used in a 12V->5V synchronous buck converter. Markings read B6350D (or it could be 863500; the markings are really faded). I can't find anything at all on Google. If anyone could point me in the direction of a datasheet or even just the name of the manufacturer I'd be much obliged.

Sorry for the crap picture, I can take a better one with my macro lens if needed.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:34:39 pm by Phaedrus »
"More quotes have been misattributed to Albert Einstein than to any other famous person."
- Albert Einstein

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #662 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:45 pm »
Can anyone help me identify this mosfet pack?

It's an 8-pin MLPD (or DFN or similar) dual N-channel mosfet pack, >30A, used in a 12V->5V synchronous buck converter. Markings read B6350D (or it could be 863500; the markings are really faded). I can't find anything at all on Google. If anyone could point me in the direction of a datasheet or even just the name of the manufacturer I'd be much obliged.

Sorry for the crap picture, I can take a better one with my macro lens if needed.
You mentioned B6350D and 863500, but it never occured to you the right answer might be a combination of your two suggestions: 86350D or B63500? :palm:

It took me less than 30 seconds to google this part and find it at TI's homepage, using "86350D mosfet" as the first search term.

The marking is most likely CSD86350Q5D Synchronous Buck NexFET™ Power Block MOSFET Pair http://www.ti.com/product/csd86350q5d
'D' at the end of the part number could stand for 'Dual MOSFET'.

Looks like your module from a Cooler Master PC power supply:
http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/modular-vs-series/v550s/

http://www.gamersky.com/hardware/201405/365642_14.shtml

http://www.itocp.com/htmls/02/n-5302-5.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:30:32 pm by AndersAnd »

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #663 on: November 06, 2014, 08:58:16 pm »
The marking is most likely CSD86350Q5D Synchronous Buck NexFET™ Power Block MOSFET Pair

Good find, the pinout matches too:

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Phaedrus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #664 on: November 06, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
Haha, I tried B6350D, B63500, and 863500, but somehow I missed 86350D.   |O :-DD Thanks
"More quotes have been misattributed to Albert Einstein than to any other famous person."
- Albert Einstein

Offline TheGreatGooglyMoogly

• Contributor
« Reply #665 on: November 08, 2014, 12:38:15 am »
I bought this on eBAY, so lets have a little 4000 series challenge. I have not been able to find a datasheet on this, the only pinout i have found seems very similar to the CD4034 bus exchange chip. Have fun!

CD4036AE
RCA  845

(24-DIP)

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #666 on: November 08, 2014, 01:48:01 am »
Found it mentioned as a memory module here...

Offline TonyStewart

• Contributor
« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2014, 09:59:05 am »
I bought this on eBAY, so lets have a little 4000 series challenge. I have not been able to find a datasheet on this, the only pinout i have found seems very similar to the CD4034 bus exchange chip. Have fun!

CD4036AE
RCA  845

(24-DIP)

Too easy... 1st search found this....   http://www.maxim4u.com/download.php?id=1560999&pdfid=AEF0F16A3D0BB7F6BA69C03D02758254&file=0282%5Ccd4036a_622111.pdf

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #668 on: November 09, 2014, 02:51:48 am »
Interesting... the https://archive.org/details/RcaCmosI.c.Databook1983 lists CD4036A once but the page for it was replaced with the datasheet for another IC, but the datasheet is present in this other databook. Somehow that number seems to have gotten lost.

Offline TheGreatGooglyMoogly

• Contributor
« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2014, 06:15:01 pm »
Thanks to everyone, I missed checking the one site.

The problem seems to be that the part #'s were overloaded/exchanged at some point. The CD4039 is also a similar device, and if you search CD4039, the datasheet for both devices (CD4036/4039) is the first hit. If you search CD4036, you get a bunch of "dealers" and "brokers" type sites.

The patent hints at the true use of the devices: TV channel storage for Zenith TV's

If you would like to buy mystery vintage chips, this is where I got the chip from:

http://stores.ebay.com/acpsurplus/

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #670 on: November 12, 2014, 04:15:29 am »
I found this 2 device among other RF/microwave stuff. Some of it is from 1970, but some more recent. It is 2 port ( 2 SMA connectors ) device/assembly, has 2 strong magnets on both sides and inside something that looks like a circulator. I am not sure of the purpose of magnets also 3 components are mounted inside one half and soldered on top. They could be resistors or capacitors.
Here are photos of mystery device. What it is?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #671 on: November 12, 2014, 04:45:51 am »
RF isolator. It is a circulator with the middle port attached to a terminating resistor so that power only flows through in one direction. reverse power is dissipated in the resistor. Magnets are part of the circulator.

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #672 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:53 am »
Thanks, it make sense.

I did some reading on it - appears to be that circulator with magnets is a particular kind known since 1950s. I have seen microstrip-based circulators that had no magnets. I understand that purpose of magnets is to separate signals by means of Faraday effect in microwaves. Still I am puzzled what those round components are? Small rectangular piece of ceramic material with a slit through which copper trace is passing through - I assume it is for filtering? Red SMD components that looks to me like 50 or 100 ohm resistor does not show up as such when I tried to probe it in circuit.

Are there modern circulators that are made using this technology?

I got a clue from looking at some photos that it could be made by "Aertech".

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #673 on: November 12, 2014, 06:19:43 pm »
Round components are likely trimmer capacitors to match the striplines and minimise the return signal. Red components are likely either a capacitor with a terminating resistor. built in, or a lossy capacitor.

Offline Majorstrain

• Contributor
« Reply #674 on: December 10, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »
Does anyone recognize the logo on these OPTO chips?
It's inside the pin one designation and looks like a laid back 4.

New old stoke that I procured and I haven't seen that logo before.

Cheers,
Phil

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf