Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1434020 times)

Offline Karthor

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2925 on: March 12, 2024, 07:01:08 pm »
Hello i'm Karthor and i've been interested in Electronics from a young age

Offline squibby

• Contributor
« Reply #2926 on: March 14, 2024, 02:03:20 am »
Hi Guys,

New member here in Brisbane. I started my hobby by fixing up 1950's 1960's tube stereos. You know the sort in their own furniture with a record player. Then gradually started collecting period-relevant tools from mid-century, and then i found I started to enjoy collecting the tools more than the radio repair.

I have a large stock of old tubes, and a few old multimeters (1960's) from Kyoritsu and Sencore. I got an old japanese 1980's scope and a 1960's Tektronix scope. 1950's tube tester and capacitor checker, 1960's signal tracer, Secore Mighty mite tube tester, 1970's Sencore transistor testers x2, 1960's counter with nixie tubes, some old 1960's signal generators etc and probably a few things I have forgotten. Most of them have just needed small amounts of attention to get them working perfectly, others (like the super cool 1950's capacitor checker) needed massive overhauls, and some i haven't got to yet. The Tek scope is the most amazing piece of kit.

Anyway, that's me. Hope to fix up some old radios again once I get some jobs out of the way around the house.

Offline LooKatME

« Reply #2927 on: March 14, 2024, 02:16:01 am »
Hi, I am Oscar. It is my first post here. I am looking to build a budget workstation for myself. I will ask for some advice in other posts, feel free to comment. Thank you!

Offline DiodeDipShit

• Contributor
  • Olde School Electronics Guy
« Reply #2928 on: March 18, 2024, 05:26:38 pm »
Hi All, I am just an olde lover of electronics. I studied electronics in a vocational school, worked at a few companies (test equipment, commercial, components} then change occupation to Mechanical Engineering. But, I have dabbled in electronic repair ever since. I only have a VOM and power supply. I have collected components over time as the evolution from early bimetal mechanical thermo switches to micro electronics fascinates me. I found this site today and feel I can contribute in a primitive way, being more tuned in with resistors, diodes, transistors and breadboard, though I used to be versed in 7400 series IC's. That was some time ago...
Any five fifty five will do ......

Offline LMedu

« Reply #2929 on: March 22, 2024, 12:14:14 pm »
Hello everyone. I´m Luis from Spain. I.m a maintenance technician for air navigation radars. See you here.

Offline DiodeDipShit

• Contributor
  • Olde School Electronics Guy
« Reply #2930 on: March 23, 2024, 02:14:20 am »
Hi Luis, Welcome aboard ! ! ! 
Any five fifty five will do ......

Offline RetroHackShack

• Retro Hack Shack
« Reply #2931 on: March 24, 2024, 11:10:21 pm »
Hello! My name is Aaron and I create YouTube videos on the channel called Retro Hack Shack. Glad to meet you all!

Offline PeterH_1979

« Reply #2932 on: March 25, 2024, 06:38:49 am »
Greetings from California,

My name is Peter, I've had a life long passion for all things technical in the world around us.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #2933 on: March 25, 2024, 10:24:08 am »
To all new members - and the other ones - WELCOME!  Good to see you here!

It always fascinates me to see the broad spectrum of members here - from professional to hobbyist backgrounds; from interest and/or experience in audio to areospace; young and old; from the farthest corners of the world .... and every point in between.  Not only that, but the willingness for so many members to share their knowledge and experience as well as help and advise other members is nothing short of amazing.

I suggest every member should drop in here occasionally and just check out those who have introduced themselves.  It is really encouraging.

This is one of the best places on the internet - IMHO

The following users thanked this post: AmnevaR, Edison

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf