Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1220327 times)

Gary350z and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #1025 on: August 26, 2016, 11:19:56 am »
HXN-xxx markings seem to be from this company: http://www.hxsemi.com/
Some more clues here: http://product.dzsc.com/product/new-1046211-20141114110510193739.html

Synchronous, 3A switch, 2.5-5V input, adjustable(5.5V?) output.

Further searching yields http://www.wiswood.com/ also having some suspiciously similar HX-prefixed parts, but no definite hits...

Online HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1026 on: August 26, 2016, 01:24:03 pm »
Thanks for that. It's odd that all of the mentions of the part marking I can find on various Chinese marketplace pages (including the one linked above) indicate that it takes only up to 5.5V input, but on this board it is definitely taking a 12V supply (and outputting an adjustable voltage between 5-11V).

Just going off the package and some of the pin-out, I had found a number of likely-looking generic buck regulator parts, but was puzzled by the fact that on this board the bootstrap and soft-start pins (1 and 8 respectively) are not connected to anything! I don't know much about switching regulators, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work without at least the former. :) However, on that Wiswood website, their HX1021 in a SOP8 does indeed not utilise pins 1 & 8, so perhaps it is indeed from that manufacturer. But again, the datasheet for that part says it is a 2.5-5.5V input part... :-//

The board designers wouldn't actually be crazy enough to be over-loading a 5.5V-rated part with 12V, would they? But, then again, this board is dead... >:D

Offline blackbird

• Regular Contributor
  • Ooohhhh, what does this button do???
« Reply #1027 on: August 26, 2016, 03:30:31 pm »
I've got some transistors of unknown specification. They are from Edgetek, as far as I can google, a defunct company from Canada.

From left to right :

N46, EDG-N54, EDG-P53 and P45

The only thing I know is the Nxx are NPN and Pxx are PNP.

Does anyone have more information or perhaps datasheets?

Offline carloscuev

• Regular Contributor
    • Spanish Freescale Developers Forum
« Reply #1028 on: August 26, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »
Hi, I've been looking for hours on Mouser, Newark and Digikey for a part number for this connector so I can buy its harness, crimpable terminals, etc. for them. I'm not sure if this connector is considered an automotive one, but the board is used in an automobile. Any help to find a part number or source for them would be greatly appreciated.

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1029 on: August 27, 2016, 04:38:13 am »
@Blackbird.
I cant help you, but those look like space/rad hardened transistors. Assuming that those are ceramic packages, with metal ftontd.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Online HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1030 on: August 27, 2016, 05:16:24 am »
Hi, I've been looking for hours on Mouser, Newark and Digikey for a part number for this connector so I can buy its harness, crimpable terminals, etc. for them. I'm not sure if this connector is considered an automotive one, but the board is used in an automobile. Any help to find a part number or source for them would be greatly appreciated.

I've been down the road of trying to identify and locate unknown car electrical connectors. It's not an easy job. :--

A start would be to narrow-down who the potential manufacturers of the connector are. Which make of vehicle does this come from? If one assumes a US domestic manufacturer, it's most likely that the connector will also be made by a US company. If it were, for example, a Japanese car, I would look at the Japanese connector manufacturers. Are there any markings embossed in the plastic? Look closely, as they may be tiny, or may look inconsequential.

Another way to narrow-down candidates is to ascertain the specifications of the connector. Measure the width of the terminals. Measure the space/pitch between terminals. Also the spacing of the pins on the PCB. If it's for a USDM manufacturer, there's a chance it's a USCAR-standard-compliant connector, so more than one manufacturer may produce something matching.

Also, there is a good likelihood that the entire module was made a 3rd-party supplier, and in fact uses a proprietary connector only made by that 3rd-party company. I have seen this on some cars where all the connectors on the harness are made by one major manufacturer, but at the points where it connects to a dash/window/audio module made entirely by a supplier, they use the supplier's own connectors.

Finally, what year is the vehicle? If it's more than 10-15 years old, I wouldn't put much faith in that particular connector being made any more. Especially for wire-to-board connectors (as opposed to wire-to-wire), as those tend to be for more specific applications that live/die with the lifetime of the vehicle model.

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1031 on: August 27, 2016, 05:40:03 am »
I've been down the road of finding automotive connectors. You might think that they'd be available through normal distributor channels, but that sadly is not often the case. Japan makes a lot of the connectors that go into cars (even Volvos!) and they have limited distribution in the West. I'd echo the advice to look carefully for any markings, even seemingly insignificant ones that look like arrows.
The major Japanese connectors companies are Sumitomo, Yazaki, Fujikura, and Furukawa. Yes, I'd never heard of them either.

Offline jitter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1032 on: August 27, 2016, 06:30:09 am »
From an LED driver... I have a hard time finding info on it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
The code reads "IAFSF".

Thanx...

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #1033 on: August 27, 2016, 06:49:51 am »
Well, it's never gonna work with those solder bridges anyway. ;-)

Offline jitter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1034 on: August 27, 2016, 08:07:49 am »

What solder bridges? BTW, it works.

Someone helped me along already, it seems to be a MP4026.

Online HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1035 on: August 27, 2016, 08:15:57 am »
its an obd / obd2 connector.

:wtf: No, it most definitely isn't.

How on earth was that conclusion arrived at from looking the pictures carloscuev posted? There's only the vaguest resemblance. Perhaps a visit to the local optician is in order. :-DD

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #1036 on: August 27, 2016, 08:21:33 am »

What solder bridges? BTW, it works.

I was only joking. From the photos it looks like a really bad soldering job with all the pins on each side shorted together. Clearly that's not the case though.

Offline jitter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1037 on: August 27, 2016, 08:48:17 am »
It may look a bit less nice because it's a wave soldered pcb. The SMD parts are glued down first, when the through hole components have been stuffed next, everything is soldered in one go on the wave solder process. That makes SMD joints look a bit messy.

Offline whitevamp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1038 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:30 pm »
its an obd / obd2 connector.

:wtf: No, it most definitely isn't.

How on earth was that conclusion arrived at from looking the pictures carloscuev posted? There's only the vaguest resemblance. Perhaps a visit to the local optician is in order. :-DD
yes you are right i was looking at a diff forum and posted wrong.
and my glasses will be in today.

Offline Don Hills

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1039 on: August 28, 2016, 11:17:01 am »

Wrecker's yard is your most likely source.

Offline carloscuev

• Regular Contributor
    • Spanish Freescale Developers Forum
« Reply #1040 on: August 29, 2016, 10:56:55 pm »
I've been down the road of finding automotive connectors. You might think that they'd be available through normal distributor channels, but that sadly is not often the case. Japan makes a lot of the connectors that go into cars (even Volvos!) and they have limited distribution in the West. I'd echo the advice to look carefully for any markings, even seemingly insignificant ones that look like arrows.
The major Japanese connectors companies are Sumitomo, Yazaki, Fujikura, and Furukawa. Yes, I'd never heard of them either.

Thanks HwAoRrDk and Helius ! I've searched in the catalogs of Sumitomo, Yazaki, Fujikura, and Furukawa but couldn't find it in there, Furukawa makes one very similar but not exactly that one, any other japanese brand to look into? The module is from a nissan car so it must be a japanese connector.

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1041 on: August 29, 2016, 11:22:09 pm »
I've searched in the catalogs of Sumitomo, Yazaki, Fujikura, and Furukawa but couldn't find it in there, Furukawa makes one very similar but not exactly that one, any other japanese brand to look into? The module is from a nissan car so it must be a japanese connector.
Well, JAE and JST, but I assumed you already knew those. Maybe Hirose or Omron have some automotive parts but they specialize in other areas.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:23:45 pm by helius »

Offline Bendba

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1042 on: August 30, 2016, 12:27:45 am »
Hi there,

I picked up an old electronic organ for free yesterday, sort of in half working condition. I'm still didn't decide what to do with it, fix it or tear it apart for the components.
I opened it to try to work out what it's made out of. And when I started reading the IC's numbers, there was barely anything talking to me, except for the 6~18 pin ic, mostly 4000 series and lm324's (they are marked CA323E)
I eventually worked out that the logo on the chips was the old national semiconductor's logo but it's still not helping me much.
I'll attach a couple of photos of some of the chips but there are too many to identify to put them all on here.

I'm wondering, is there some sort of reference table for the company's chip numbers?

There is also in the photos another chip for which I haven't worked out the manufacturer yet, marked ER2051  8049 HDA, I'm assuming it is a processor but not sure.

Any helps and tips would be very helpful.

Thanks
Stop dreaming your life, start leaving your dreams.

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1043 on: August 30, 2016, 03:32:18 am »
The third chip is a General Instrument ER2051, a "512 bit electrically alterable ROM". Datasheet attached.
The National chips have been custom labeled.
Anyway, most organs have a similar architecture based on high-frequency oscillators that are divided by a set of 12 registers (the top-octave generator), and then repeatedly divided by 2 to produce the frequency of each lower octave. The waves are then shaped using analog filters and envelopes. Each note is then fed into the keyswitch matrix, which can have multiple poles that mix frequencies together (in organ terms this is called foldback).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:39:13 am by helius »

Online HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1044 on: August 30, 2016, 01:45:10 pm »
Thanks HwAoRrDk and Helius ! I've searched in the catalogs of Sumitomo, Yazaki, Fujikura, and Furukawa but couldn't find it in there, Furukawa makes one very similar but not exactly that one, any other japanese brand to look into? The module is from a nissan car so it must be a japanese connector.

What year Nissan is it from? One other tip is to try and find old copies of a connector manufacturer's catalogue, as their current ones may no longer list products that were contemporary with the vehicle. For example,  I was once looking for details on a Sumitomo connector that wasn't in their latest catalogue, but appeared in one dated 2009. But in such case, on the down side, this probably means the item is EOL, and not sold any more...

Offline Bendba

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1045 on: August 30, 2016, 01:58:38 pm »
The third chip is a General Instrument ER2051, a "512 bit electrically alterable ROM". Datasheet attached.

Thanks a lot.

If I read the datasheet right,  basically, this is behaving like a static ram expect that it retains the data without need of power?
If I can get it off without damage, I have a perfect application for it.

I guess the of the national semiconductor parts are going to be near impossible to identify unless I could find a schematic of the organ or spend a very long time tracing the signals and extrapolate from the behavior.
Stop dreaming your life, start leaving your dreams.

Offline MatthewEveritt

• Supporter
« Reply #1046 on: September 22, 2016, 08:42:25 pm »
Hi all,

I'm looking for leads on a SOT23-5 device marked aH4TY1 for a repair. Non of the SMD codebooks I know have anything like this.

I've attached a partial schematic - from experimentation it seems that it should produce a fixed 3.3V at ~250mA from 4 AA cells. I'd guess it's a fixed output buck converter, but I can't find any with a suitable looking pinout.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:44:11 pm by MatthewEveritt »

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1047 on: September 23, 2016, 01:06:37 am »
Hi all,

I'm looking for leads on a SOT23-5 device marked aH4TY1 for a repair. Non of the SMD codebooks I know have anything like this.

I've attached a partial schematic - from experimentation it seems that it should produce a fixed 3.3V at ~250mA from 4 AA cells. I'd guess it's a fixed output buck converter, but I can't find any with a suitable looking pinout.
BL3406, EUP3408, GS5578, KB3426, and RT8008 have that pinout. Of those, the EUP3408 seems to match the marking, with the unusual lower-case first letter. Here is a photo of a slightly different voltage version.

The following users thanked this post: MatthewEveritt

Offline jitter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1048 on: September 23, 2016, 04:41:39 am »
I'm not too sure of that. It seems the datasheet has one less letter/digit in the code, and the code from Bendba Matthew contains letters/digits (i.e. "T" and "4") not used in that component's code.
I guess these are Chinese clones of some better known brand. So if the pinning and voltages seem compatible, I guess you might get away with using one of them. Usually Chinese designs follow the application examples in datasheets pretty closely.

Edit: name corrected.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:49:04 pm by jitter »

The following users thanked this post: MatthewEveritt

Offline MatthewEveritt

• Supporter
« Reply #1049 on: September 23, 2016, 03:10:42 pm »
BL3406, EUP3408, GS5578, KB3426, and RT8008 have that pinout. Of those, the EUP3408 seems to match the marking, with the unusual lower-case first letter. Here is a photo of a slightly different voltage version.

I'm not too sure of that. It seems the datasheet has one less letter/digit in the code, and the code from Bendba contains letters/digits (i.e. "T" and "4") not used in that component's code.
I guess these are Chinese clones of some better known brand. So if the pinning and voltages seem compatible, I guess you might get away with using one of them. Usually Chinese designs follow the application examples in datasheets pretty closely.

That's brilliant, thank you. I'm sure I'll be able to find something close enough to get it going again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf