Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1220305 times)

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #1525 on: June 02, 2019, 11:27:52 pm »
I second it is a 100nF +-20% 50V MLCC capacitor. Never seen those in a see-through glass package, but have seen then in multitude of packages, including 0204 resistor-like looking packages (pink or orange base color I think), or just yellow glass package similar to DO35.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1526 on: June 03, 2019, 01:07:12 am »
Can someone tell me what this is next to the piezo speaker? How does one go about testing this part?
Thanks in advance!

If it is a glass capacitor, as suggested above, the color banding is red-black-red. Which I would interpret as 2,0, x100 = 2000 pF.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1527 on: June 03, 2019, 04:07:55 am »
Can someone tell me what this is next to the piezo speaker? How does one go about testing this part?
Thanks in advance!

If it is a glass capacitor, as suggested above, the color banding is red-black-red. Which I would interpret as 2,0, x100 = 2000 pF.

The '104' indicates the value in pF - it's a pretty standard marking scheme for small value caps.  The first two digits are significant figures, and the last is the multiplier.  104 is 10 followed by four zeroes, for 100,000pF or 0.1uF.

-Pat

Edit to add - that's the first time I've ever seen an MLCC packaged like that.

Edit to further add - this reply was directed at the image cyberdragon posted.  Looking at the original post, Nusa looks to have it right.  D'oh!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:14:28 am by Cubdriver »
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1528 on: June 03, 2019, 07:00:48 am »
Looks like a glass cased MLC capacitor.

Why would you do that? Seems way pricier than just using a leaded cap.
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1529 on: June 13, 2019, 01:48:02 pm »
Some fun ...
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1530 on: June 13, 2019, 03:03:21 pm »
Something tells me you don't actually need us to identify that.

The following users thanked this post: GeoffreyF

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1531 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:27 am »
What is the use for that small, tiny "Vortex Capacitor"? I couldn't find anything usefull after a (very) quick google search.
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline booyeah

• Contributor
« Reply #1532 on: June 14, 2019, 04:35:18 pm »
Hi, Does anybody know what the 323 CUA  (U29) is below?

I tried looking in the few smd databases I know of but all that seems to come up for CUA are voltage regs which wouldn't make sense for the circut.

The board is an electronic distance measurement board from a surveying total station, there is an avalanche photodiode connected to a transimpedance amplifer circut (U8 - lmc64) the output of which goes to
the main microcontroller, and also connected via a capacitor and then pair of resistors to this 323 CUA.

The avalanche photodiode is used with a modulated laser diode to determine distance to physical objeccts, but currently for some reason there's some unexplained extra noise in the output of the photodiode circut that I'm trying to find the root of.

Thanks.

Offline booyeah

• Contributor
« Reply #1533 on: June 14, 2019, 08:18:30 pm »

I tried looking in the few smd databases I know of but all that seems to come up for CUA are voltage regs which wouldn't make sense for the circut.

The board is an electronic distance measurement board from a surveying total station, there is an avalanche photodiode connected to a transimpedance amplifer circut (U8 - lmc64) the output of which goes to
the main microcontroller, and also connected via a capacitor and then pair of resistors to this 323 CUA.

The avalanche photodiode is used with a modulated laser diode to determine distance to physical objeccts, but currently for some reason there's some unexplained extra noise in the output of the photodiode circut that I'm trying to find the root of.

Thanks.

Appologies, it's a switch.
My googling abilities are abysymal.  :)

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #1534 on: June 15, 2019, 12:55:24 pm »

Thanks.

Appologies, it's a switch.
My googling abilities are abysymal.  :)

MAX323CUA  :)

The following users thanked this post: booyeah

Offline mikeg88

« Reply #1535 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:13 pm »
What's this, please?

It's connected to three pairs of N-Channel MOSFETS (the circuit is a 3-phase motor driver).

The characters on the package are: "3PA0 1803 RPT"

I think it's some kind of 3-phase driver, because the other ICs on this board have other functions (CAN receiver, LDOs, and so on).

Anyone who knows what it is: thanks in advance!

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1536 on: June 18, 2019, 11:27:05 pm »
Looks like a LDO synchronous buck regulator from what I can find. https://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/TC1303C

The following users thanked this post: mikeg88

Offline mikeg88

« Reply #1537 on: June 18, 2019, 11:49:29 pm »
Looks like a LDO synchronous buck regulator from what I can find. https://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/TC1303C
I think you're right.  Makes sense, given the inductor which is immediately adjacent to it as well. 

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1538 on: June 22, 2019, 02:51:57 pm »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Janus Cycle

« Reply #1539 on: June 23, 2019, 01:14:22 pm »
This IC was in a socket where I was expecting a serial eprom to be located. The device is an NEC 7b pager.
However I am unable to identify it from the markings.
SPM
27C41COB
F82108
Can anyone confirm if this is an eprom and if there a way to read it in an eprom reader?

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1540 on: June 25, 2019, 01:26:54 am »
That is the Seiko Epson logo, so the part is a Seiko SPM27C41COB. Web searches turn up very little, although there was one hit in Korean that mentions it in passing. The device is listed on Octopart. With a "27C" code it appears to be a CMOS EPROM, which is not erasable without the quartz window. With only 8 pins, it must be serial, indeed.
I checked some device lists of my programmers and none has that device listed. Serial EPROMs can have three different interfaces: Microwire, I2C, and SPI. If you can determine which one the chip uses, you would select a device with the same interface and ideally the same capacity, disable Device ID in your software, and cross your fingers when reading it.

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1541 on: July 01, 2019, 03:41:11 pm »
I'm trying to identify the exact type of a diode, but without much luck. Hopefully someone here can help.

It's a SOT-23 package single diode, with a marking of just "101". Well, at least, that's as far as I can make out the markings, because they're very faintly etched. Anode is on pin 1, cathode pin 3, pin 2 N.C.

I thought perhaps that maybe the last digit might be a factory/country/etc. code, so have searched for just "10*", but didn't turn anything up for that either.

This diode is only being used a simple polarity-protection diode, so at the end of the day it's not too important to me to identify it precisely, but I would like to in particular know the reverse voltage rating, and perhaps whether it's a schottky or regular type.

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #1542 on: July 01, 2019, 07:05:02 pm »
I'm trying to identify the exact type of a diode, but without much luck. Hopefully someone here can help.

It's a SOT-23 package single diode, with a marking of just "101". Well, at least, that's as far as I can make out the markings, because they're very faintly etched. Anode is on pin 1, cathode pin 3, pin 2 N.C.

I thought perhaps that maybe the last digit might be a factory/country/etc. code, so have searched for just "10*", but didn't turn anything up for that either.

This diode is only being used a simple polarity-protection diode, so at the end of the day it's not too important to me to identify it precisely, but I would like to in particular know the reverse voltage rating, and perhaps whether it's a schottky or regular type.

Does it look like this one?

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1543 on: July 01, 2019, 08:50:21 pm »

Cool, thanks. :-+

Yeah, looks like that. Marking is in the same orientation as that photo too. It might just be the photo, but doesn't the body of that part look a little 'fat' for a SOT-23, though?

I'm pretty sure it won't be a random wun-hung-lo part, though, because to the best of my knowledge all the parts on the board came from Digikey, so it's likely to be a more well-known brand. Unless of course the Chinese seller you found that photo from was selling a non-Chinese part...

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #1544 on: July 02, 2019, 01:14:11 am »

Cool, thanks. :-+

Yeah, looks like that. Marking is in the same orientation as that photo too. It might just be the photo, but doesn't the body of that part look a little 'fat' for a SOT-23, though?

I'm pretty sure it won't be a random wun-hung-lo part, though, because to the best of my knowledge all the parts on the board came from Digikey, so it's likely to be a more well-known brand. Unless of course the Chinese seller you found that photo from was selling a non-Chinese part...

I found this part on taobao.com, model A1101ELHLT-T, a Hall sensor from Allegro, it looks a little bit fat because the package is SOT23W.

https://www.allegromicro.com/~/media/Files/Datasheets/A110x-Datasheet.ashx

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1545 on: July 02, 2019, 02:57:32 am »
I found this part on taobao.com, model A1101ELHLT-T, a Hall sensor from Allegro, it looks a little bit fat because the package is SOT23W.

Ah... I think you missed the several places in my original post where I said the thing I was looking at was a diode. :palm: ;D

Thanks anyway.

Offline pcdroid13

« Reply #1546 on: July 02, 2019, 06:19:22 am »

Its great post and help me a lot. please keep continue posting articles

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #1547 on: July 02, 2019, 10:18:09 am »

Ah... I think you missed the several places in my original post where I said the thing I was looking at was a diode. :palm: ;D

Thanks anyway.

Actually I noticed that you are looking for a diode, that's the reason why I did not give the model number of the part I found in my first post.  :)

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1548 on: July 02, 2019, 10:55:49 am »

Perhaps it's actually an SOT346 package, nearly identical, but have a look at this: https://assets.nexperia.com/documents/data-sheet/PZM_N_SERIES.pdf

Just search for "101" and it'll pull up PZM10NB1
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:01:43 am by tsmith35 »

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1549 on: July 02, 2019, 01:59:47 pm »
Perhaps it's actually an SOT346 package, nearly identical, but have a look at this: https://assets.nexperia.com/documents/data-sheet/PZM_N_SERIES.pdf

Just search for "101" and it'll pull up PZM10NB1

Hmm, a candidate, but it would be pretty dumb to be using a 10V zener as a series polarity protection diode! :o

Unless they had some kind of mix-up during board assembly and the wrong (but still semi-functional) part got placed...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf