Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1221083 times)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2014, 04:11:37 pm »
N Channel enhancement mode  Mosfet.

Offline Terabyte2007

• Frequent Contributor
  • It is purpose that created us... That defines us..
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:13 pm »
N Channel enhancement mode  Mosfet.

Awesome, thanks...
Eric Haney, MCSE, EE, DMC-D
Electronics Designer, Prototype Builder

Online rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline uoficowboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2014, 05:37:42 am »
Here are two blown fuses from a device I'm repairing. They're both fuses, and they're both toasty. The top one has small cracks in it, while the other one was in two pieces when I found it.

The top one seems to just say F 1/8 A. In front and under the F is a sort of L

The bottom one has two things written on it. One side says 5A (with a strange upside down triangular symbol in front of the 5) and the other side says E 5A (or maybe F 5A) - it's possible the bottom segment of the E is another L like the other fuse.

Does anybody know what these are? I'd love to replace them with the exact right part as they go in a very expensive piece of equipment.

Thank you!

Offline gibbled

• Regular Contributor
  • VE7 call sign
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2014, 05:44:39 am »
They look like Picofuses.

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #455 on: February 11, 2014, 06:04:14 am »
Yup. Littelfuse Pico fuse
http://www.littelfuse.com/products/fuses/axial-radial-thru-hole-fuses/pico-fuses.aspx

This is a safety marking meaning "Product is safe to fit on materials combustible above 200°C"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:16:17 am by timelessbeing »

Offline uoficowboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #456 on: February 11, 2014, 06:57:32 am »
They look like Picofuses.
Wow - 7 minutes to answer! Geeze man - did you think I had all day? Try to hurry it up a bit more next time! :P

Thanks - that is perfect. Am I right in thinking that these look to be 0.125A and 5A fuses? They look a lot like 251 series picofuses, so I think that would make the appropriate part numbers: 0251.125MXL and 0251005.MXL.

Again, thanks for the super speedy response. Much appreciated. I can't wait to get this device up and running again!

edit: a friend at Littelfuse confirmed that I have the right part numbers. Sweet!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:10:39 pm by uoficowboy »

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #457 on: February 11, 2014, 06:19:10 pm »
In front and under the F is a sort of L
edit: a friend at Littelfuse confirmed that I have the right part numbers. Sweet!
With a friend working at Littelfuse you should be able to guess the LF logo on a fuse is short for Littelfuse.  :-DMM
Littelfuse is probably the best know fuse brand in the world.

Offline rjk5378

• Contributor
  • "Life is a science fair!" - Forrest Mims
    • Law Offices of Robert J. Keller, P.C.
« Reply #458 on: February 11, 2014, 10:51:54 pm »
Can anyone tell me what these are? I presumably must have known at some point in the past, because I have about 15 or so of them in a component drawer where they have probably residing for at least 20 years or so, but darned if I can remember what they are, even assuming I ever knew. They are encased in ceramic or some kind of polymer. One side is flat, and the other side has a cylindrical bulge across it. Dimensions are about 10 mm across, about 10 mm tall, not counting leads, plus two points of about another 2 or 3 mm where the encased leads seem to extend up at the top. The flat part and the bulge are about 5 mm or so thick. Some kind of identifying color code on the flat sides, e.g., Brown-Black-Black, Yellow-Red-Black, etc. Less than an ohm resistance, and can't get any capacitance reading. Seem to recall gettng some kind of inductance reading when I chacked about a year ago, but (a) it was with a really cheap junk LCR meter, and (b) can't remember what the readings were. Thanks.

-- Bob, KY3R
- Bob, KY3R

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #459 on: February 12, 2014, 08:47:32 am »
Look a bit like dipped polymer fuses to me.

Offline Jad.z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #460 on: February 16, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »
Hi

Does anybody know what these two SOT-89 devices are?
I couldn't find anything on them.

QK33C
QK25C

Thanks

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #461 on: February 16, 2014, 03:33:10 pm »
They are marked U instead of Q, so they're ICs.
33 usually means 3.3v
25 usually means 2.5v
i assume they're both linear regulators, correct me if i'm wrong.

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »
Yeah, most likely. 
Probably  input - ground - output and tab connected to ground.  You can see the output of 3.3v regulator going into the input of the 2.5 regulator, so assume they're both ldos, probably 100-150mA max.

Offline aroby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »
So, I know what this component is (an AVR relay from a 220V APC UPS).   The UPS is showing that it has an AVR relay weld fault, so I would like to replace all 4 of these relays.  The problem is that this part is proprietary, so Omron can't tell me the specs.  There seems to be sufficient info on the part to locate an Omron replacement, I'm just not sure what I'm looking at and how to translate that into an Omron part.

Can anyone help me decipher this?

Thanks

Anthony

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #464 on: February 16, 2014, 05:51:33 pm »

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »
Hi

Does anybody know what these two SOT-89 devices are?
I couldn't find anything on them.

QK33C
QK25C

Thanks
Look at the bottom number R133A

Datasheet for similar device: UTC [UNISONIC TECHNOLOGIES] UR133/A 500mA Low Dropout Voltage Regulator [LDO]:
http://www.utc-ic.com/uploadfile/2011/0902/20110902012023486.pdf

The C in QK25C / QK33C shows the pinout (look at page 2 in the above datasheet).

Pin code C [QK25C / QK33C]
Pin 1 = Ground
Pin 2 = In
Pin 3 = Out

QK25C = 2.5 V

QK33C = 3.3 V

UR133/A = A is the code for 500 mA
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:18:13 pm by AndersAnd »

Offline denelec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2014, 06:52:48 pm »
Can anyone tell me what these are? I presumably must have known at some point in the past, because I have about 15 or so of them in a component drawer where they have probably residing for at least 20 years or so, but darned if I can remember what they are, even assuming I ever knew. They are encased in ceramic or some kind of polymer. One side is flat, and the other side has a cylindrical bulge across it. Dimensions are about 10 mm across, about 10 mm tall, not counting leads, plus two points of about another 2 or 3 mm where the encased leads seem to extend up at the top. The flat part and the bulge are about 5 mm or so thick. Some kind of identifying color code on the flat sides, e.g., Brown-Black-Black, Yellow-Red-Black, etc. Less than an ohm resistance, and can't get any capacitance reading. Seem to recall gettng some kind of inductance reading when I chacked about a year ago, but (a) it was with a really cheap junk LCR meter, and (b) can't remember what the readings were. Thanks.

-- Bob, KY3R

They are inductors. 
About 30 years ago, I bought an assorted package of inductors from Radio-Shack. They were in liquidation. Cost me about nothing.
See attached images.

Offline Jad.z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #467 on: February 16, 2014, 07:05:58 pm »
Thank you both peter.mitchell & mariush.

I confirmed that they are LDOs after I obtained an identical working board for testing.

Thank you for the details AndersAnd.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:07:52 pm by Jad.z »

Offline aroby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2014, 08:45:55 pm »
First hit using the part number g8p-1c4p from mouser.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post.  I've seen the parts listed under this code at Mouser and Digikey, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for as a replacement.  Your link is for the G8P-1C4P-DC24 - I was wondering about the 20A and 30A notation on the original parts and how to match those up with the Omron parts.

Thanks

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2014, 09:06:52 pm »
20A parts are a SPDT relay, the 30A parts are SPST. SPDT is a G8P-1C4P 24V and SPST is a G8P-1A4P 24V. The SPDT relay will work in the footprint of the SPST one but there will be a pin ( pin4) that is either unconnected or which will need to be cut off flush with the relay housing if there is no PCB hole for it. In a UPS they are going to be pretty much only there for the overload capacity and the mains isolation of the contacts and frame. Current will in most cases be well below the max rating.

Offline aroby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »
20A parts are a SPDT relay, the 30A parts are SPST. SPDT is a G8P-1C4P 24V and SPST is a G8P-1A4P 24V. The SPDT relay will work in the footprint of the SPST one but there will be a pin ( pin4) that is either unconnected or which will need to be cut off flush with the relay housing if there is no PCB hole for it. In a UPS they are going to be pretty much only there for the overload capacity and the mains isolation of the contacts and frame. Current will in most cases be well below the max rating.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll get my order placed and see if I can resurrect this UPS!

Anthony

Offline rjk5378

• Contributor
  • "Life is a science fair!" - Forrest Mims
    • Law Offices of Robert J. Keller, P.C.
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2014, 10:12:22 pm »
They are inductors. 
About 30 years ago, I bought an assorted package of inductors from Radio-Shack. They were in liquidation. Cost me about nothing.

Thanks. That makes sense. These may indeed have been collecting dust here for 30 years now. I think I must have gotten in on the same close-out sale that you did! Now I can go decipher the color coded stripes and see what I presumably have.
- Bob, KY3R

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #472 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:01 am »
I'm trying to find a matching connector to this, the only lead i have is it may be AMP branded (all other connectors on device are)

its 4 pins, with 0.1' pin spacing, and the plug end is shaped like a D,

Offline romantronixlab

• Regular Contributor
What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »
Been reading all posts on this thread to see if it has already been asked, same on the web. I am fixing a JVC Everio and testing found a component that to me is out of specs by testing with a similar one next to it on the same PCB.
The green is good, battery gets charge; red is bad no start under bat power only on AC adapter.
Will think about it.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2014, 02:12:18 pm »
PCB mount fuse? Or a burnt out low ohm resistor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf