Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1220484 times)

Offline IO390

• Regular Contributor
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #600 on: September 03, 2014, 02:19:29 pm »

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Sensor
« Reply #601 on: September 03, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »
Hi, Can anyone tell me what kind of sensor it is that is in the photo please. Just cleaning out some parts.

Just in case someone wanted to know what the above item was that was posted late last year, It turns out to be Hall effect sensors mounted inside brass fitting.

Click above the quote link to see the offending component

Offline Hardcorefs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #602 on: September 04, 2014, 04:26:15 am »
Had A dig about but cannot find  full part number for:
buck/boost chip
Chip2

Also looking for the manufacturer of the inductor, since I have a couple smashed( its 4mm across the ferrite flat sides and about 6.8mm board solder to solder)

I was going to get the inductance from a scope+sig gen. combo.

I'm more interested in a spec sheet to get the maximum working current so I can substitute a more available part.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:33:01 am by Hardcorefs »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #603 on: September 04, 2014, 04:35:56 am »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Hardcorefs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #604 on: September 04, 2014, 08:36:15 am »
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply, I had actually tried maxim/TI & Linear and did not get any hits……

But this at least gets me in the ballpark for a design I can use to figure out the inductor

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #605 on: September 04, 2014, 09:44:52 am »
U31 (chip 2) is a Linear Technology LTC3601.

LTC3601 1.5A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator:
 http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/3601fb.pdf

Part marking at page 2 says: "PART MARKING: LFJC (16-Lead (3mm × 3mm) Plastic QFN)", just like it says in your picture.

Took less than 30 seconds to find this a simple Google search: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LFJC+IC

http://www.linear.com/product/LTC3601

QFN-16

Typical Application
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:13:55 am by AndersAnd »

Offline Hardcorefs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #606 on: September 04, 2014, 10:10:09 am »
Much appreciated… I just don't know what is going on at the moment….. It's been a rough week……

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #607 on: September 04, 2014, 10:34:59 am »
Hey guys, any idea what this IC is? It's on a cheap $1 boost regulator from China. I've googled the numbers with every combination of words I can think of and nothing...

31 E12

Another, unrelated question: I've got an inductor I pulled off an old laptop motherboard. It's labeled "100PF" on the top. I imagine this means 100uH, but I've just never seen that letter combination before. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my Smartphone
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:36:31 am by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #608 on: September 04, 2014, 10:44:13 am »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #609 on: September 04, 2014, 06:57:51 pm »
Nope, linked part is a uP Watchdog. The part I’m after would be for a boost (step-up) converter with an external switch (at least there’s an external FET connecting the output side of the inductor to ground; the IC seems to connect to the anode of the output diode, but I assume that’s for power). Input voltage range is 2.3 to 5.5V; output is programmed at 5V on this unit, but I imagine the range is 5-12V at least.

Though that Google search is bringing up some interesting results!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:10:15 pm by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #610 on: September 05, 2014, 01:34:59 am »
Hey guys, any idea what this IC is? It's on a cheap $1 boost regulator from China. I've googled the numbers with every combination of words I can think of and nothing...
31 E12

Same IC, same indentations, PN 31-E12... Aliexpress

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #611 on: September 05, 2014, 01:43:52 am »
31 E12

Nice! Now to find a datasheet…

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #612 on: September 05, 2014, 06:33:52 am »
Got a strange one. What is this? It was on a data logger near the Holtek  uC. There is a crystal oscillator so I don't think it's that. Just stuck me as strange.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #613 on: September 05, 2014, 06:57:25 am »
That's a crystal or ceramic resonator, for sure. See how it connects straight to the two capacitors, which in turn go to ground? It also goes into adjacent pins on the uC.

I've seen them in very similar packages.

A lot of uC's use two crystals: One for the main clock/PLL and another (normally 32.768KHz) for the aux clock or RTC!

Sent from my Smartphone
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:02:24 am by timb »

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #614 on: September 05, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »
31 E12

Except that doesn't actually say what it is...

Here's the closest I could find: http://www.yuantai-tech.com/uploadfile/20130107104303355.pdf

Offline wiss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #615 on: September 07, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »
What is this? "Normal" pin-spacing. Might be DDR-tech.

Diode-resistance tested it, 0.6 V from pins 1-4 to pin 5, open circuit in the opposite direction.  Diode array with common cathode at pin 5? What would the use be?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:40:31 pm by wiss »

Offline janekm

• Supporter
« Reply #616 on: September 07, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »
Got a strange one. What is this? It was on a data logger near the Holtek  uC. There is a crystal oscillator so I don't think it's that. Just stuck me as strange.

I've used that one... 32.768kHz crystal :) (I suppose it could be a different frequency but that's the most likely) I love that package with the see-through glass top...

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #617 on: September 07, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »
What is this? "Normal" pin-spacing. Might be DDR-tech.

Diode-resistance tested it, 0.6 V from pins 1-4 to pin 5, open circuit in the opposite direction.  Diode array with common cathode at pin 5? What would the use be?

Could be  used for overvoltage protection on digital lines, clamping spikes to Vcc rail so preventing latch up of TTL chips. They were quite common on industrial computers and such as protection where input lines could be routed near high current rails or have transients from hot plugging the cards into the system.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #618 on: September 09, 2014, 12:42:03 am »

I've used that one... 32.768kHz crystal :) (I suppose it could be a different frequency but that's the most likely) I love that package with the see-through glass top...

I think you guys are right now that I look at it. The connected capacitors should have been a dead give away.

Now I have this identify request. This is a used deuterium lamp from a BioRad FPLC . I want to identify the connector because it is really nice and solid feeling. It would come in very handy for some stuff if I can source it for a decent price. My guess is no based on how nice it feels and how expensive the instrument is but it would be good to know either way.

I don't recognize this logo and googling LC connector brings up a bunch of fiber optic connectors.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:45:26 am by PedroDaGr8 »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #619 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51:23 am »
Google "7 pin din connector" for various images and suppliers
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #620 on: September 09, 2014, 01:04:23 am »
Google "7 pin din connector" for various images and suppliers

I was hoping someone recognized that exact manufacturers logo. I'm familiar with the wide selection of din connectors.

Offline Alexei.Polkhanov

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #621 on: September 09, 2014, 03:22:23 am »
Now I have this identify request. This is a used deuterium lamp from a BioRad FPLC . I want to identify the connector because it is really nice and solid feeling. It would come in very handy for some stuff if I can source it for a decent price. My guess is no based on how nice it feels and how expensive the instrument is but it would be good to know either way.

Very interesting. I am just curious why FPLC  is using Deuterium lamp - would not modern UV LEDs suffice? Does it need short wave UV like <260 nm to work?
Sorry for dumb question. I just found out what FPLC is from this video: It is always fascinating to find out about some kind of rare industrial gadget.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #622 on: September 09, 2014, 03:35:32 am »

Very interesting. I am just curious why FPLC  is using Deuterium lamp - would not modern UV LEDs suffice? Does it need short wave UV like <260 nm to work?
Sorry for dumb question. I just found out what FPLC is from this video: It is always fascinating to find out about some kind of rare industrial gadget.

It is used in a multi-wavelength absorbance detector. This particular module can detect absorbance at four different user selected wavelengths from 190nm-800nm. This is very useful in determining particular compounds as they come off the column. FPLC can range from small analytical grade instruments like the BioRad NGC and the GE AKTA up to enormous industrial grade prep instruments. They are mainly used for the rapid purification of biological mixtures and reactions.

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #623 on: September 09, 2014, 03:43:53 am »

It's made by Binder-USA. Looks like their 682 series, but I can't narrow it down without knowing the connector size, termination type, etc.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:47:16 am by tsmith35 »

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #624 on: September 09, 2014, 03:56:29 am »

It's made by Binder-USA. Looks like their 682 series, but I can't narrow it down without knowing the connector size, termination type, etc.

That is really damn impressive, I would never have guessed that was just a B. It most certainly does look like the 682 binder connector. Thanks a bunch mate!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf