Author Topic: I am experiencing social problems with a Russian sociopath on Ebay  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Free_WiFiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • https://tinyurl.com/y5nhpt2x
Good morning to all the EEVBlog followers.
Lately in the ebay space I am experiencing social problems
with a Russian sociopath who torments me in various ways to extract me
goods that I can't sell for free.
The individual in question is obsessed with me, because he wants at all costs
to extort my Metcal Ultrafine nib that claims to pay less
of respect to what I paid myself.
This individual uses fake accounts to extort, insult and create psychological pressure.
He did however find out, because for every false account he used he sent me
always the same reference address to send them at any cost the nib he wants so much.
The question is now so unbearable that I have reached the point of wanting to block it forever!
https://www.ebay.it/usr/goldenscrofula (Main account)
https://www.ebay.it/usr/fox-mix-top (Fake account)
and many others ...

I ask you EEVBlog users to explain the method to me
to be able to permanently block that being on Ebay and then to send a report letter
at the Ebay itself.

Thank you all.

Buon giorno a tutti gli adepti del EEVBlog.
Ultimamente nello spazio ebay sto riscontrando dei problemi sociali
con un sociopatico Russo che mi tormenta in vari modi per estorcermi
merci che non sono in grado di vendere gratis.
L'individuo in questione è ossessionato da me,perchè vuole ad ogni costo
estorcermi il mio pennino Metcal Ultrafine che pretende di pagare meno
rispetto a ciò che pagai io stesso.
Questo individuo usa account falsi per estorcere,insultare e creare pressione psicologica.
Si è fatto comunque scoprire,perchè per ogni account falso che usava mi mandava
sempre lo stesso indirizzo di riferimento per spedirli ad ogni costo il pennino che lui desidera tanto.
La questione è ormai talmente insopportabile che sono arrivato a tal punto da volerlo bloccare per sempre!
https://www.ebay.it/usr/goldenscrofula (Account principale)
https://www.ebay.it/usr/fox-mix-top    (Account fake)
e tanti altri ancora che ora non ho i nomi a portata di mano.

Chiedo a voi utenti di EEVBlog di spiegarmi il metodo per
poter bloccare definitivamente a quell'essere su Ebay per poi in'oltrare una lettera di segnalazione
all'Ebay stesso.

Grazie a tutti.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:52:39 am by Free_WiFi »

• Regular Contributor
Re: I am experiencing social problems with a Russian sociopath on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 06:02:23 am »
Ask eBay to step in. I got bitten by a sociopath in US too for buying a laptop from him which he falsely described and refused to refund and made up at least half a dozen of weird excuses to do so and in the meantime assaulted me a few times in comments.

It turns out eBay is the solution. If you report a considerable scammer, eBay will help. eBay team is not technically savage, but they are smart enough to identify self contradicting lunatic claims and behaviors.

I got all the email's which he has sent to me,so here no problems,but now.
How to start this process?
Where i need to go?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 06:07:24 am »
Ok,but actually there's some kind of method to just lock him from sendig me any P.M's ?

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:13:39 am »
You can block individual accounts from sending you messages but if he continues creating new accounts that won't work. IMHO just ignore him until he gets bored.
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences
Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:15:50 am by wraper »

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, Free_WiFi

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 06:18:23 am »
I advise against the ebay complaint route. The guy has not done you any financial harm, right?  (E.g. he has neither forced a refund for goods you sent him, nor failed to send you stuff you bought from him.) So it is far from a clear-cut case from ebay's point of view. Filing a complaint with ebay will only cause you more frustration.

Just ignore the guy. Never respond to him, until he gets bored and goes away.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective, Free_WiFi

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 06:18:51 am »
If you disable messages for blocked buyers and if you block buyers with zero rating, seems they won't be able to contact you as well. So it might help against new accounts he creates as well.

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 07:40:51 am »
We too have experienced problems from a Russian sociopath. His name is Putin. MH17.

We have had a similar scammer to you here. A scammer in eBay was ordering bulk heavy equipment from victims around Australia and delivering it to a small town post office in country Victoria, inundating them with bulk stuff. The scammer was tracked down to the UK and let me just say, he was repaid many times over using an alternative method.

The following users thanked this post: george.b

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 08:50:26 am »
If the guy keeps creating fake accounts to bother you then there is little eBay can do either, unless they would be willing to get Russian police involved for your sake to track him down and knock on his door IRL. They probably won't bother if he isn't sending you death threats but you have nothing to lose asking them.

This individual uses fake accounts to extort, insult and create psychological pressure.
Man up, it's just some nobody whining on the Internet :P

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 09:23:16 am »
Report it to ebay.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 10:47:06 pm »
If he's always using the same address maybe blocking that country (presumably russia?) in the listing will help.
https://support.webinterpret.com/hc/en-us/articles/205644957-How-to-set-shipping-exclusions-on-eBay
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 11:30:58 pm »
If he's always using the same address maybe blocking that country (presumably russia?) in the listing will help.
https://support.webinterpret.com/hc/en-us/articles/205644957-How-to-set-shipping-exclusions-on-eBay

He's using 2 addresses,sometimes he want me to send him in Netherland and some others time to Russia,but in any case both of these addresses are always the same.
 :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

He's playing like a child,because he really think to force me by using psychological intimidation & pressure to sell him that Metcal nib for free + the shipping payed at my charge.....

No comments.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:41:39 am by Free_WiFi »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 12:09:15 am »
Can you post here a copy of messages of what you received?
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 12:37:15 am »

Here you have just 1 example of what he's writing to me sometimes ..... :palm:

In this email (as always) he's not happy about the original price again,so he's calling me "Gypsy from Africa" & a Childish Dreamer  :-X 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:21:42 pm by Free_WiFi »

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 01:39:47 am »
I sense we're getting far from the whole story. Very far.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 01:51:04 am »
He's using 2 addresses,sometimes he want me to send him in Netherland and some others time to Russia,but in any case both of these addresses are always the same.
 :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

He's playing like a child,because he really think to force me by using psychological intimidation & pressure to sell him that Metcal nib for free + the shipping payed at my charge.....
Just ignore. Why make such a problem out of it? The world is filled with loonies. 2 decades ago I used to co-own an online address register for companies. You should see the crap we received on a daily basis. With this many crazy people I wonder how we can survice as a species...
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: wraper, Free_WiFi

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 02:16:11 am »
The guy has 100% positive feedback on 575 sales. You have a feedback from someone that your Fluke 87v never arrived. Who is a bad guy here. You think you will use this forum to make stories?

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 02:29:34 am »
The guy has 100% positive feedback on 575 sales. You have a feedback from someone that your Fluke 87v never arrived. Who is a bad guy here. You think you will use this forum to make stories?
First of all you cannot get negative feedback as buyer. So whenever he pesters sellers, he won't get negative feedback. Secondly you are misrepresenting  Free_WiFi. It's a positive feedback  :palm: which says:
Item did never arrive but refunded

The following users thanked this post: Free_WiFi

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 05:27:04 am »
I had something similar happen to me in the past but it was more avoidance of communication for something I had no way of paying for it.

I ordered some rack mount shelves on Ebay. It said in the listing postage included. I missed the small bit to contact seller to calculate delivery... Had I seen it I would have not bothered as they may charge a lot... My fault. So I brought it no seeing it and then I found I couldn't pay for it and saw contact seller for total amount so I did that. Some days went by no reply. So I contact the seller requesting to cancel. I think I tried to call them a couple of times on their shop and email them on their website to get their attention but no reply.

A week later I contacted Ebay and they assured me nothing to worry about just let it expire in a couple of weeks and the seller is possibly away. They tried to contact the seller on a number of occasions but they wouldn't respond. Just after it expired the seller put in some flag or strike for non payment on the day and Ebay contacted me to say they were removing the strike as they were monitoring the case, the seller was active and said it was unfair.

I found the seller was active and did revise their ebay listing with something like "This item is heavy and if do not understand this do not order..." and looking at the date it was changed just after my first email asking them to calculate the delivery. I contacted through various means on their Google shop reviews, and then the seller sent their first Ebay message to me, which was rude and sarcastic accusing me, ranting, throwing a fit, (there were facts not opinions of how I felt) and accused me of not reading the listing properly and I pointed out, the listing was misleading, anyway you were suppose to calculate delivery, you didn't do anything, so there was a problem, I couldn't do anything, so I contacted Ebay you didn't respond to me or the Ebay staff to who repeatedly tried to contact you to try and resolve it for weeks but you revised the listing, when I requested delivery costs so you were there all the time and just ignoring messages and waited until it expired to give me a strike... and he replied arrogantly there is no problem... You didn't pay for the item... I don't have to respond to you... I am just recovering my losses... You are stupid for not reading listing and I am like a child etc... so informed Ebay and told me they are going to investigate the seller. I wanted to know why the seller wouldn't calculate delivery or respond (which the item I think was only 10 miles away) but I could not get a sensible answer out of them.

Normally when I make mistake in the past ordering something on Ebay I might even offer to pay a resellers fee to cancel (when they sell one item per listing) but that was a long time ago.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 05:30:22 am »
First of all you cannot get negative feedback as buyer. So whenever he pesters sellers, he won't get negative feedback. Secondly you are misrepresenting  Free_WiFi. It's a positive feedback  :palm: which says:
Item did never arrive but refunded
Now tell me why you are so confident Free_wifi ever shipped the meter.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 09:40:50 am »
Now tell me why you are so confident Free_wifi ever shipped the meter.
Now tell me what he gained even if he did not? It's more probable that he ate the cost of lost parcel.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 10:27:20 am »

Insult is taken, not given.
And any "psychological pressure" is essentially your own doing.
Block were possible, ignore, and get on with your life, it's just a lunatic troll on the internet.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 10:29:40 am »

No, don't encourage this. The OP should be encourage to ignore it all completely for forget about it, it's not worth wasting your life on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf