Author Topic: What's your favorite calculator?  (Read 15737 times)

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: What's your favorite calculator?
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2022, 11:46:43 am »
How are the keys on the HP Prime? As good as the ones on the HP-67 and HP-41?
Since I haven’t used either of those, I can’t give a comparison to them, unfortunately.

What I can say is that I chose the HP Prime because of the keys. I have some neurological problems that cause finger sensitivity issues that make it painful for me to use keys where I have to press hard and bottom out to avoid missed key presses, which unfortunately is how standard membrane keypads are. It doesn’t take all that many keystrokes on a regular TI calculator for my fingers to hurt. The Prime has proper tactile domes with a reliable, fairly light touch. The HP-35s, for example, is also tactile, but requires significantly more force. The current TI Nspire keys are tactile, too, but not as nice.

The HP Prime has hands-down the best keys of any calculator on the market right now from any major manufacturer, if you ask me.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: What's your favorite calculator?
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2022, 11:52:23 am »
They're OK IME, although on the original version of the Prime, the contrast on the colouring of the keys made it almost impossible to use without good lighting.
Actually, the change was made during the production of the first generation. Regardless, all of them made since August 2016 have the improved key printing. Since what’s available now is the second generation (“G2”, which all have the improved keycaps), and even if buying used you’d want the G2 anyway since it’s much faster, there’s no reason to worry about the old style key printing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf