Author Topic: Where can i buy VFDs that ships internationally?  (Read 756 times)

Offline drakejestTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Where can i buy VFDs that ships internationally?
« on: May 25, 2022, 08:05:33 pm »
Hello was wondering if anybody knows place/site that sells VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) from the well known brands (Siemens,Schneider,Rockwell, and etc) ? Specifically for a single -phase 240VAC 2HP (1500W) motor.

International shipping is a must :)

Digi-key sell VFD from DELTA Electronics, no idea if that is good, but since digi-key is selling them, they must be atleast decent.

Offline geggi1

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Where can i buy VFDs that ships internationally?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 08:36:43 pm »
Try contact Vacon.
They have very good drives and free configuration software.
https://www.vacondrives.com/

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 04:55:47 pm »
I can't tell which country you're in. I think you meant that the VFD input power is single phase 240VAC but the output is 3 phase.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »
Yes, a VFD is unworkable for a 1.5kW motor. The original poster must mean single phase in, three phase out.

RS Components sell them, along with numerous other suppliers.

Offline WattsThat

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 11:56:14 pm »
Inverter out of the UK is the only major vendor that builds a single phase output VFD.

Offline BrokenYugo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 12:51:16 am »
Yes, a VFD is unworkable for a 1.5kW motor. The original poster must mean single phase in, three phase out.

RS Components sell them, along with numerous other suppliers.

AFAIK you can put single phase into most 3 phase input VFDs, just require derating to account for the now undersized rectifier diodes and filter caps. I would assume OP really wants a single phase in/out unit, which are quite rare as they have limited application and motor compatibility (won't work with anything with a start cap or switch). Generally better to just find an appropriate 3ph motor and use a readily available VFD.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 01:07:36 pm »
Digi-key sell VFD from DELTA Electronics, no idea if that is good, but since digi-key is selling them, they must be atleast decent.

Delta Electronics is a fair know brand. I've used one of their models VFDs, the VFD022M43B 3 phase and it was easy to implement in a solution, with good documentation available.

Before that the company itself had used other Delta VFD models in diverse machines and production solutions without any problems or lack of reliability.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf