Author Topic: Where's all my posts going?!!  (Read 2904 times)

Offline rolandpenplotterTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Where's all my posts going?!!
« on: January 17, 2014, 03:28:31 am »
Okay, I am getting a little fed up with this. Every few hours, many of my posts are randomly (??) vanishing. I have a feeling I know who is doing it, and... I'd like to ask why?

The last topic I posted was to ask what the best animated circuit sim was, and I posted it on this forum. Admittedly, I found the sim I needed and answered the question myself...

BUT WHY WAS IT *DELETED*?

It wasn't offensive, "off-topic" (it was my topic) and could have helped others out.

Really confused, slightly annoyed, but I'd like to hear the reasons.

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
Re: Where's all my posts going?!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:30:40 am »
You complained bitterly the other day when a thread of yours was hijacked - to the point that you then edited the thread to be unreadable.

Your off topic posts have been deleted.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:32:55 am »
You complained bitterly the other day when a thread of yours was hijacked - to the point that you then edited the thread to be unreadable.

Your off topic posts have been deleted.

I accept that as it's fair, but my thread *which I started*, looking for a circuit simulator has VANISHED! :(

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:35:46 am »
You mean the single post thread which you edited to read:
UPDATE:

Forget the question, folks; I've found one:

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

Thank you :)

Sounds like a closure to me.  If you still wanted to ask the question then why the statement?
I'll restore the thread if you edit this out.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 03:38:46 am »
You mean the single post thread which you edited to read:
UPDATE:

Forget the question, folks; I've found one:

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

Thank you :)

Sounds like a closure to me.  If you still wanted to ask the question then why the statement?
I'll restore the thread if you edit this out.

You don't think it would be helpful to others to find that question, and follow through? Couldn't you just leave it there - is it a "problem" having useful information (information that an infinite number of future visitors find useful, not something *you* see as useless, and fit for deletion?

Why on earth would I edit it out? It shows I found a solution; how is this a problem?

Really annoying.

PS: It's not the point that the post was of value or not, it's that you are REALLY overbearing and controlling; Yes, you're an admin, but this is just rude - you just delete stuff at random, and leave NO reason nor PM me!

:-/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:43:41 am by rolandpenplotter »

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:26:32 am »
In the future, you might want to stop editing your posts and just create a new post in the thread.

It's just electronics bits, bytes on a hard disk on Dave's server, it's not like you're making the Internet slower by leaving your previous message.

Lots of people find these threads on the forums entering keywords in search engines like Google, so it never hurts to have keywords and a flow of information in a thread that someone can follow. 

If someone can't understand what's the thread about because you butchered it by editing messages, then the thread is useless.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:33:09 am »
In the future, you might want to stop editing your posts and just create a new post in the thread.

It's just electronics bits, bytes on a hard disk on Dave's server, it's not like you're making the Internet slower by leaving your previous message.

Lots of people find these threads on the forums entering keywords in search engines like Google, so it never hurts to have keywords and a flow of information in a thread that someone can follow. 

If someone can't understand what's the thread about because you butchered it by editing messages, then the thread is useless.

Ah, thank you ;) a revelation ;)

The OP was edited by strike-through text, nothing else. Original content was entirely intact.

Meanwhile, as expected, it's taking an inordinately long time for a "reason" to be thought up by GeoffS...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:36:23 am by rolandpenplotter »

Offline deth502

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 12:59:38 pm »

Meanwhile, as expected, it's taking an inordinately long time for a "reason" to be thought up by GeoffS...

you do realize that this is dave jones private party. you are a guest here, and ultimately, he (and by extension, anyone he chooses to grant those powers to) can do whatever he wants and dosent have to tell you shit.

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »

you do realize that this is dave jones private party. you are a guest here, and ultimately, he (and by extension, anyone he chooses to grant those powers to) can do whatever he wants and dosent have to tell you shit.

Succinctly put  :)

As you say , Dave has the last word and that includes how moderation is done.  If he feels I, or any of the moderators, is  doing the wrong thing, I hope he'll point us in the right direction.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf