Author Topic: Applications of electronics and physics  (Read 792 times)

Offline R_G_B_Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Applications of electronics and physics
« on: April 27, 2020, 09:28:37 am »
I realise designing electronics circuits and having in addition to this a good understanding of physics . The reason I come to this realisation is the application of electronics, with a physics back grounds you can design some niche products.  You can make clever uses of electronics and off the shelf products such as Arduino, rasbery PI, FPGA, PSOC etc...there's a tendency to get stuck when it comes to the application of electronics that's different from the mainstream. If we are all designing similar products is there enough to go round. I hope I am making some sense. I find that  I get to a point with a circuit design idea and say now how can I Implement this? Are there any others here that come to this realisation?

Interesting discussion:

https://youtu.be/KJi-nXtu6kQ
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:31:25 am by R_G_B_ »
R_G_B

The following users thanked this post: GlennSprigg

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: Applications of electronics and physics
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:02:03 pm »
You can't get a BSEE degree in the US without at least 2 semesters of Physics.  Some programs may also require up to 2 semesters of Chemistry.  Some may not...

It's not just Physics, we also had to take statics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and probably more that I have forgotten, it's been a long time.  You don't get any BS degree without a well rounded engineering background.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:31:54 am »
You don't get any BS degree without a well rounded engineering background.
Not entiiiiiirely true. My mom and I get a chuckle out of the fact that I have a Bachelor of Arts in information systems (i.e. computers) and minor in linguistics (i.e. the science of language) from a very STEM-heavy university, while she has a Bachelor of Science in Italian literature from a prestigious university best known for diplomacy, law, medicine, and business. I assure you, she has NO engineering background!  ;D

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 04:21:10 pm »
You can't get a BSEE degree in the US without at least 2 semesters of Physics.  Some programs may also require up to 2 semesters of Chemistry.  Some may not...

It's not just Physics, we also had to take statics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and probably more that I have forgotten, it's been a long time.  You don't get any BS degree without a well rounded engineering background.

Yeah, the education system is a bit different over here, but basically, the same things apply. For pretty much any engineering or scientific degree, during the first two years you're going to do a lot of maths and physics. Chemistry, not necessarily, it also depends.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf