Author Topic: Weird Stuff Walmart Sells  (Read 3154 times)

Offline CyberdragonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:37:46 am by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Weird Stuff Walmart Sells
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:06:51 am »
They are third-party sellers. Nothing special, walmart only takes a cut of the transaction, but never actually handles those goods.
Alex

Online edpalmer42

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:02 am »
They don't actually sell it.  They're operating like Amazon and providing a sales channel.

I did a bit of a double-take when I found out that they sell a few Raspberry Pi items and  that walmart.ca has more and completely different RaspPi items than walmart.com.

Is there any way to browse through their 'sales channel' stuff?

Ed

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:13:15 am »
They also sell caskets, which is sorta electronic related, because if something goes REALLY wrong, you may need one.   :-DD

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=casket&cat_id=0

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline b_force

• Super Contributor
    • One World Concepts
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 08:37:07 am »
They also sell caskets, which is sorta electronic related, because if something goes REALLY wrong, you may need one.   :-DD

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=casket&cat_id=0
OMG  :-DD :-DD

Just imagine someone just walking to the counter with this thing in his shopping cart, lol

I have seen many odd things. Like also a lot of professional gear.
Or like professional loudspeakers (B&C).
I mean, who on earth is gonna buy his stuff there?

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:40:59 am »
Just imagine someone just walking to the counter with this thing in his shopping cart, lol
Third-party sellers can only sell online, not in physical stores.

I mean, who on earth is gonna buy his stuff there?
It does not really matter. All those things are also on Amazon.

I buy stuff from Amazon, even if it is available from the manufacturer directly. I just don't want to create more accounts and give my credit card to more sites.
Alex

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 11:24:18 am »
Yeah, Walmart is trying to become Amazon, even though nobody is biting. You can't blame them for trying as hard as they can to diversify, the the fact of the matter is, Amazon offers more shit with their Prime memberships.

On the topic of Walmart, there are definitely strange things in their store. You really want to slam your head into the shelves in the technology section. Especially when some man came up to me while I was looking at prepaid phone plans, said he worked for Verizon and then started to bash AT&T and German Telecom, even though my phone (and I told him this) could only use GSM networks.  :clap:

Walmart is an interesting topic. They just shut down most of their grocery only stores (neighborhood markets) which sucks because they were the best on offer around for that sorta stuff. Their groceries in their other stores suck. What's even worse is that they seem to be one of the only people in town that sell Polar brand kippered herring. I can't survive without small smoked fishes.

I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 01:06:48 pm »
Also Newegg and a dozen other online marketplaces.  Also eBay, and Ali Express for mostly Chinese sources.  You'll find a given product across many of these.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 01:47:56 pm »
Do you live anywhere near a Trader Joes store? Trader Joes is a chain that specializes in specialty foods from around the world with a heavy emphasis on European specialty foods (its owned by Germans) They have lots of pre-made healthy food for people on the go. Its a great resource.

They have huge stores in some states, (California, for example) as big as regular supermarkets.

You also might want to check out the Korean chain H-mart if there is one near you. They have all sorts of unusual foods from around the world. Very much worth visiting if you live anywhere near one. They sell all kinds of food, not just Asian-influenced food. (but hey are very strong in that area)

Asian markets generally are often interesting places to shop with lots of good deals on foods.

Quote from: TwoOfFive on Today at 05:24:18

Walmart is an interesting topic. They just shut down most of their grocery only stores (neighborhood markets) which sucks because they were the best on offer around for that sorta stuff. Their groceries in their other stores suck. What's even worse is that they seem to be one of the only people in town that sell Polar brand kippered herring. I can't survive without small smoked fishes.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 01:52:33 pm »
Frys markets are a supermarket chain that diversified into electronics in a big way some time ago and now they have what seem to be the biggest electronics themed stores in the US.

Micro Center stores are also fairly large. There are probably others, those are the only two I am familiar with.

And of course if you live in the Bay Area there are a bunch of great surplus electronics stores in Sunnyvale (HSC/Halstead, Weird Stuff, etc) and the electronics flea market at DeAnza College that seem to still be going strong.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:54:33 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf