Author Topic: Allergy to Wifi and mobile phones  (Read 7916 times)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Re: Allergy to Wifi and mobile phones
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »
I tried to find some reference about human body natural frequency, but all I could find was a bunch of biblical mumbo-jumbo or similar. There could be some truth in certain frequencies interfering with our nervous system and brain. How this affects the functions of our body, I have no idea. I could not find any detailed, reliable and accurate test reports for this.

I know a few people who are sensitive to being near high voltage power lines. They get headaches and other symptoms (no tentacles growing out though :-DD ). This is however very different from RF signals.

In our final quarter at ITT years ago (yes, I'm one of those) We demonstrated a 3 watt 70 cm amateur fast scan tv transmitter and receiver we built.  We built small 3 element yagi antennas mounted on 10 lengths of pvc pipe.  When we powered on the transmitter to test it before the demo, my friend, who was holding the pipe with the transmitter antenna, had his muscles lock up until we powered down.  We didn't know because he couldn't speak to ask us to turn it off.  He was fine after a few minutes, and 17 years later, still has no tentacles growing out of his forehead.  :-DD
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline R005T3r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 06:15:03 pm »
The biggest problem with RF exposure is the fear of it. People usually start complaining about negative effects of newly installed mobile phone base stations before the installations actually get powered.

It is known that excessive fear can have a negative effect on health. With RF emissions, tests showed no negative effects even with way higher levels than permitted. They also found that studies that pointed out dangers where usually down right fraught, to get more funding. This finding actually seem to have closed the discussion about 5 years ago.

There are dangers in using a mobile phone to much - but this is more like causing car accidents, running against poles or falling of a cliff.
Yes, but not as much as radiation. People freak out every time...

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 10:13:17 pm »
There are high tension wires near where I live, and once in a while when the weather is good, I go hiking up there with my camera and sometimes, tripod. which is woven carbon fiber. (Its a Manfrotto knock off)

When unfolding the tripod or collapsing it, I can feel some tactile equivalent of a humming or something. This has never happened anywhere else.

Its a square woven carbon fiber.. the kind that look like a checkerboard or basket weave..  I have no idea what it is. Probably the electrical field.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 04:54:28 am »
The biggest problem with RF exposure is the fear of it. People usually start complaining about negative effects of newly installed mobile phone base stations before the installations actually get powered.

It is known that excessive fear can have a negative effect on health. With RF emissions, tests showed no negative effects even with way higher levels than permitted. They also found that studies that pointed out dangers where usually down right fraught, to get more funding. This finding actually seem to have closed the discussion about 5 years ago.

There are dangers in using a mobile phone to much - but this is more like causing car accidents, running against poles or falling of a cliff.

Or falling in to fountains. That one was local to me, a woman walking in the local mall was caught on the security cam footage nose down in her cell phone texting and walking right up to and tripping into one of the decorative fountains they have at each of the mall's central intersections where an east-west wing joins the main north-south structure.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 06:21:16 am »
There are high tension wires near where I live, and once in a while when the weather is good, I go hiking up there with my camera and sometimes, tripod. which is woven carbon fiber. (Its a Manfrotto knock off)

When unfolding the tripod or collapsing it, I can feel some tactile equivalent of a humming or something. This has never happened anywhere else.

Its a square woven carbon fiber.. the kind that look like a checkerboard or basket weave..  I have no idea what it is. Probably the electrical field.

If going up there at dusk take along a 5ft fluorescent tube and hold it vertical, it will light up from the field gradient. Take some string to make a guyed tower of it and some tent pegs and leave it there as a night light.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf