Author Topic: Why is the half-bridge circuit voltage unbalanced in atx power supply  (Read 689 times)

Offline electroniumTopic starter

Hello baby, I hope you are doing well
a question
Why does the voltage of the big capacitors of the warm part of the half bridge go out of balance in the atx power supply? So that according to the photo I sent below? And how will this problem be solved, and if it is not solved, what will happen to Power?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 07:06:05 am by electronium »

Offline MathWizard

• Super Contributor
Re: Why is the half-bridge circuit voltage unbalanced in atx power supply
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 10:02:04 pm »
I can't see that schematic picture big enough. If it's a forward converter type SMPS, those 2 big caps, should be the supply voltage to the top of primary side, main switching inductor. Are they in series, and they are not sharing the voltage equally ? Is that what you're talking about ? IDK how even they would be new, maybe 40%, 60% voltage split, would be acceptable. But I would not like if only it was 10, 20, 30% of the voltage on 1 cap.

If main's input was 170V rectified, and there's no boost stage like PFC, then maybe it's still not a big deal in series if they are new and rated 250V. IDK, but I would like more equal voltage division, if that's what's you mean. Are you saying 1 cap heats up more too ? Have your checked them with a capacitance meter and ESR meter ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf