Author Topic: Why my topic is deleted ??  (Read 11465 times)

Offline sorinTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Why my topic is deleted ??
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 03:59:27 am »
I deleted the thread because it appeared to be spam or soliciting for funds, neither of which this forum is for.

Had you included some details as to what you wanted and why, you post may have been clearer and perhaps not deleted.
my post is very clear, if you know what is alipay everything is clear
anyway , why you dont contacted me before delete it?
I think that this is the correct way.

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 04:06:48 am »
The correct way to handle a deleted post is to contact the moderators and ask them. If it's merely a misunderstanding and the meaning of the post could be clarified, then it would be restored.

Opening a new thread and complaining is NOT the way to handle it.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 04:42:35 am »
The correct way to handle a deleted post is to contact the moderators and ask them. If it's merely a misunderstanding and the meaning of the post could be clarified, then it would be restored.

Opening a new thread and complaining is NOT the way to handle it.

Out of interest, is there a way to contact the moderators if you are new to the forum and don't know who they are? I don't think the forum lists who the moderators are in any visible location?

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 04:53:06 am »
Out of interest, is there a way to contact the moderators if you are new to the forum and don't know who they are? I don't think the forum lists who the moderators are in any visible location?

I've just been researching that very subject and the answer is, No there's no "Contact Moderator' button or link.
All you can do at this time is to click on the 'Report to Moderator' button that's on every post.
Of course this is no help if the post you want to talk to the moderators about, has been deleted!

I'll have a look at the options available to add such a link and I'll pass them on to Dave for his consideration.

EDIT:  One way to find a moderator is to use the Members link at the top of the page. Select Search and in the search options, select by Position and use the search term moderator. This will show all of the moderators and you can contact one of them via PM.

Note, all the moderator are equal except Dave who is more equal.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:01:27 am by GeoffS »

Offline Mint.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Account is inactive now. Thanks everybody!
    • Personal Blog, Mint Electronics.
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 06:09:56 am »
Oh my...
I can't even read what some of you guys are saying, maybe educate yourselves before going onto a form with an "intelligent" community such as this one.
GeoffS did a good job removing your post, you don't just go around and spam the forum asking for money. Go complain somewhere else sorin! (mod can remove this if its offending member, sorry.)
Personal Blog (Not Active Anymore), Mint Electronics:
http://mintelectronics.wordpress.com/

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 06:47:47 am »
Oh my...
I can't even read what some of you guys are saying, maybe educate yourselves before going onto a form with an "intelligent" community such as this one.
GeoffS did a good job removing your post, you don't just go around and spam the forum asking for money. Go complain somewhere else sorin! (mod can remove this if its offending member, sorry.)
HAHA SERIOUSLY
I dont asking for money "educated person"
why  post, if you dont understand what Im asking???

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:48 am »
I don't know how many posts you had made but if a user with a very low amount of posts, posts something that looks dodgy it is a candidate for removal. If dodgy stuff is being posted on the users first post (like links and obvious commercial junk) I ban the user, it only takes minutes to spam a forum if it's a bot or someone just posting the same junk all over the place. Complaining about a poorly written post that looked dodgy being removed is pretty pointless. This forum works on the fact that it's users can communicate more or less effectively or we'd not have much of a discussion. If your making posts about transferring funds around to services non of us have heard of I suggest you explain as much as you can, scammers are lazy and make short posts, show us you are not and we'll take the post more seriously and perhaps investigate.

Offline Mint.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Account is inactive now. Thanks everybody!
    • Personal Blog, Mint Electronics.
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 07:14:30 am »
Oh my...
HAHA SERIOUSLY

Why reply if you know I'm not going to understand you? :)
Personal Blog (Not Active Anymore), Mint Electronics:
http://mintelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline dda

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 07:26:52 am »
Oh my...
HAHA SERIOUSLY

Maybe you should rephrase your question. It seems no-one understands what you were asking, what alipay or eetop was, and everyone assumed it was spam.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:40 am »
Even what you were asking is understandable sort of like "Please help me to add $2 in my Paypal ..", this is still not an appropriate post/thread especially in this General section here.

Edit :

Especially the OP already knew who deleted his thread, this thread it self is no longer serves any purpose and should be locked or deleted.

C'mon, how hard is it to resolve this kind of small issue politely through PM instead of shouting out loud thru this thread ?  :-\
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:37:00 am by BravoV »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 07:41:24 am »
@ dda
How can you help me with something, if you don't know what is it.

@BravoV
are you crazy or ...
I say:  "in EETOP.cn" not "in Paypal"
read before post...

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 08:01:05 am »
Especially the OP already knew who deleted his thread, this thread it self is no longer serves any purpose and should be locked or deleted.

Agreed!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf