Author Topic: Why so few cute female engineers?  (Read 3040 times)

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
Re: Why so few cute female engineers?
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 06:32:50 pm »
I met my first girlfriend in the queue to see the lasers at a university open day, she later went on to study Electrical Engineering. My present girlfriend works in I.T. and two of the best RF engineers I know are female radio amateurs in the USA, both experts in their chosen field.

Women in engineering ARE out there!!
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

The following users thanked this post: NiHaoMike, tooki

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 06:48:43 pm »
Sorry guys, I decreased the available population of cute female engineers by marrying one of them.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

The following users thanked this post: Psi, babysitter, tooki, bjdhjy888

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 06:48:54 pm »
Good Lord the whole politically correct thing has not invaded Ukraine. Enjoy while you have it.
I've suspected it's a troll account of one of the regulars from the start. It's mostly provocative posts and posting things like male erotica isn't quite typical for a Ukrainian.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 06:49:45 pm »
Sorry guys, I decreased the available population of cute female engineers by marrying one of them.
She stopped being cute by marrying her? You must be quite a handful.

Offline FreddieChopin

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 07:14:42 pm »
things like male erotica isn't quite typical for a Ukrainian.

You don't even realize how strongly do we idolize Uncle Billy and гачимучи. It's not just a japanese phenomenon.

Offline taydin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 07:36:05 pm »
Let's look at it through a hypothetical "nerd index". Statistically, there are many more male nerds than there are female nerds. Guys are much more likely to spend inordinate amounts of time in their home shop, garage, or whatever place they are holed in, not eating much, hardly sleeping, working on a project. And it's this kind of persistence and determination to take your technical knowledge and skill to a very deep level. You probably won't be rich, but you will be consulted for things that nobody can even start brainstorming about.

Girls don't care about that kind of deep technical knowledge and skill. They want to  have a normal life :) Socializing, having lots of friends, and at some point having a family etc. And if a girl also has the looks, her chances of nerding decrease exponentially :) It takes a unique personality to go nerd when you can have so many more nice things going for you by just being an attractive girl. So I think it's the lack of motivation and interest in nerding that causes the big gap between male and female engineers.
Real programmers use machine code!

My hobby projects http://mekatronik.org/forum

The following users thanked this post: mcinque, SiliconWizard

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf