Author Topic: windows 95 new zealand  (Read 10717 times)

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: windows 95 new zealand
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 09:32:10 am »
trust me if its not because new USB port thats not supported, i will be still on win95/98 today... then now we have newer USB3, gladly i just bought USB3 PCIex card, XP compatible, so there's not much reason to live in WinVista or later environment...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 12:20:59 pm »
I skipped Win95 /98 completely and stayed with NT4.0 and then later Win2000, before XP came out as a pro version and replaced win2000. Win95 was just a big hype.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline sony mavicaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 11:09:24 am »
I skipped Win95 /98 completely and stayed with NT4.0 and then later Win2000, before XP came out as a pro version and replaced win2000. Win95 was just a big hype.

yeah windows 98 was much better
MORE POWER!

Offline bills

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 05:59:43 am »
I liked windows ME, Let the flames begin but it worked great with my smart card programmer (got lots of free sat TV )
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:23 am »
I find it funny when people look back at Windows 95 and thought it was good. It's very true, it was much better than it's predecessor, Windows 3.11 and DOS which really were bad. Windows 95 just borrowed many concepts from other OSes which had been around for a long time such as Acorn OS and Mac OS. I remember being a teenager when Windows 95 was released and couldn't wait to see it but when I did, my first impression was it's OK, then when it crashed lots my opinion changed: it was crap. It was very unstable and security wasn't even considered, so it was woefully unprepared for the Internet age.

The main reason why Windows did so well was cheap, standardised hardware. The alternative platforms were relatively expensive so didn't achieve the same market share.
(bold added in quote)

Apple/Acorn "borrowed" it from Xerox PARC's work.  That was the grand-daddy of mouse based GUI (I think).  Mouse-based means not counting those GUI using touch screen, light pen, or digitizer tablet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf