Author Topic: Vic20 software  (Read 3141 times)

Offline KilroywashereTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • He has the stink of oil and electric circuitry...
Vic20 software
« on: March 25, 2019, 04:59:41 am »
Hey guys

I just got a vic20  and man is it ever cool!  had one as a kid but i was not really into that stuff back then ....

anyway i got the datadiskette with it and a game ... but i know there is a way to use the old tapes to get 3rd party software....

Im really just looking for a word-processor  ... was wondering if you guys knew how to do copy the files and where to find them ....

i cannot for the life of me find this info, i know its something to do with hooking up your audio-out to a disk player and recording the file onto the diskette , assuming i can find the software....

He is part of the dead...he has no place here. He has the stink of oil and electric circuitry about him. He is obsolete...

Offline KilroywashereTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • He has the stink of oil and electric circuitry...
Re: Vic20 software
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 04:33:34 pm »
Hey just wanted to see if anyone knew about this today
He is part of the dead...he has no place here. He has the stink of oil and electric circuitry about him. He is obsolete...

Offline Clint_dk

• Dekox Technology Solutions
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:18:14 am »
 Do a search for Vic20 tap files. You can download these to your computer, and then watch the following video on how to transfer them back onto tape.

https://youtu.be/TjqE6UkgmJw

Offline cowasaki

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:15:44 pm »
Have you got a RAM pack?  Word processing was not really a VIC20 thing much...  3.5K isn't enough to store 2 pages of un compressed 80x25 text even without the program. :-(

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 04:01:59 am »
Try this site:

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/vic20/index.html

Scores of demos and tape files for Vic20 plus lots of Commodore stuff too. I was emulating this using MAME/MESS, download all the various chip ROM files and run a Commodore C64 machine or Vic20 or PET even. Then you load up the tapes (using a "LOAD" type command, or whatever) and it would read in the file as if it was a tape and let you run the programs.

Quite a bit of stuff there. However to get it to run on real hardware you will need to convert the tapes BACK to some kind of audio file I presume, and record it on a tape somehow, or figure out how to transfer it directly via audio output from your computer to the input of the VIC20 cassette mechanism.
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf