Author Topic: Wish to take Electronics engineers from China  (Read 9770 times)

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
Re: Wish to take Electronics engineers from China
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2019, 02:12:33 pm »
I have known some good Chinese engineers who grew up in the PRC. No problems... smart, good and friendly people. I could trust all these engineers from the PRC except for one who inadvertently disclosed to me they had attended an event celebrated in Melbourne of the 60th anniversary of the Maoist revolution in China. From then on, I had my suspicions about this individual.

I don't know about the UK, but in Australia it is illegal to discriminate employing someone based on their political views. But in my opinion hiring anyone who supported allegiances to the Chinese Communist Party could pose an unacceptable IP risk. How do you filter them out legally? You can't. In my opinion, the law is flawed in this regard.

Ageism is also illegal in Australia, but it is rampant. Hard to prove generally. Richard Branson's aptly named Virgin Airlines got caught out as a rampant practitioners of ageism amongst its air hostesses. https://www.theage.com.au/business/virgin-blue-loses-age-discrimination-case-20051010-ge10vr.html. In my opinion, the law is correct in this regard.

The following users thanked this post: ocset

Offline OwO

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2019, 02:44:33 pm »
:palm: I see xenophobia is still alive and well. I do not want to work for employers like that, maybe I'll start telling people I'm affiliated with the communist party.
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, julianhigginson, ocset, cpt.armadillo

Online Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2019, 05:33:19 pm »
:palm: I see xenophobia is still alive and well. I do not want to work for employers like that, maybe I'll start telling people I'm affiliated with the communist party.

How easy (or hard) would it be for an American or Australian engineer to get a job in China for a Chinese company?
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2019, 05:38:18 pm »
How easy (or hard) would it be for an American or Australian engineer to get a job in China for a Chinese company?
If you have desired skills that can't be found locally you can get a job in China without major obstacles. If the necessary skills can be found locally you won't get very far.

Offline nrxnrx

• Supporter
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2019, 06:00:15 pm »
xenophobia

You should get a dictionary. This doesn't look like an anti-chinese thing.
Now, if you believe the CCP is China and anything against the CCP is anti-chinese, do expect to be considered a shill and a potential danger.

The following users thanked this post: vk6zgo, ocset

Offline OwO

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2019, 06:23:35 pm »
Most people in china believe that the CCP is steering the country in the right direction according to a survey, so anti CCP but pro china is a hard to argue position. I'm not a chinese citizen so I don't have more to say about this, but I would not discriminate against a trump supporter in a hiring decision, so why would a CCP supporter be any different?
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

Offline nrxnrx

• Supporter
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2019, 06:34:22 pm »
Most people in china believe that the CCP is steering the country in the right direction according to a survey
Am I supposed to take a survey on the CCP by people in China seriously now?

I'm not a chinese citizen so I don't have more to say about this, but I would not discriminate against a trump supporter in a hiring decision, so why would a CCP supporter be any different?
I'm not sure what you're arguing here. I would still judge the person on their stated beliefs, and that has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Offline windsmurf

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2019, 07:01:36 pm »
...they had attended an event celebrated in Melbourne of the 60th anniversary of the Maoist revolution in China...
...supported allegiances to the Chinese Communist Party...

So anyone who attended a celebration of this cultural event is proof of allegiance to the CCP? 
Anyone who attended a Christmas party is devout Christian? 

The following users thanked this post: julianhigginson, ocset

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2019, 12:32:59 pm »
I found the source of my earlier explanation on springer.com...

Abstract

The British officials who coined the phrase “Made in Germany” intended it as an insult. In 1887, alarmed at an influx of low-priced German products, the British government required goods imported from Germany to be labeled as such. Back then, Germany was to Britain something like China is to Europe or the United States today. It was an aggressive emerging economy with a large store of cheap labor and ambitions to become an economic superpower. But Britain’s attempt to shield domestic companies from competition backfired. Made in Germany became a synonym for quality.1 The story of how Germany succeeded within a few decades still tells us something about the German mindset and tradition.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/9781137340542_1

That is a nice legend but I would need to see some facts that support it. I have shown the 1887 Act does nothing of the sort. Legends and myths are repeated all over the place but that does not make them true. Unless and until I can see some incontrovertible evidence I am going with "myth".

Interestingly, Birmingham in England was, in the early 20th Century, well known for making cheap & nasty costume jewellery.
This, in Oz was often sold by the Coles chainstores, & the term "cheap Coles Brummies" was one I remember hearing from my parents when I was a kid.

Even though the source of these things changed over the years, the appellation "Brummies" lived on, although my generation would probably be the last one to recognise it.

Things were seriously tough in Germany after WW2, & some of the first enterprises that got going were those making ingenious clockwork toys.
Some of these manufacturers, fearing lingering bad feelings, labelled their product "Made in US", followed by, in much smaller font, "Zone Germany".

In Oz, we tended to take "Made in England" & "British & best" with a grain of salt, knowing the Brits could turn out crap "with the best of 'em".

In Australia, imported stuff, especially tools were normally marked with their country of origin.
When I went to the UK for a year in the early 1970s, a friend & I bought an old car.
Inevitably, we needed to work on it, & bought some tools.

To my surprise, what looked to be the identical set of tools to those I had in Oz, were marked "Foreign", whereas the Australian bought ones said "Japan".

Offline pardo-bsso

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2019, 02:27:28 pm »
Dear sir or madman Treez,

why go to China when you can shop in Argentina? My rates are pretty accesible, speak fluent English and have Italian citizenship.

Also, we have a very good crop of power engineers here.

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2019, 03:09:07 pm »
Dear sir or madman Treez,

why go to China when you can shop in Argentina? My rates are pretty accesible, speak fluent English and have Italian citizenship.

Also, we have a very good crop of power engineers here.
But you don’t have the Chinese PSU engineering gene treez seems to think they possess! 🤣

The following users thanked this post: Andy Watson, pardo-bsso, ocset

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2019, 04:31:27 pm »
I guess a benefit of a chinese engineer is that he knows the chinese internal market, can read the chinese only datasheets of the latest super cheap cloned chips and components.
Impossible for a non chinese engineer  :)

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2019, 02:43:30 am »
I guess a benefit of a chinese engineer is that he knows the chinese internal market, can read the chinese only datasheets of the latest super cheap cloned chips and components.
Impossible for a non chinese engineer  :)

google translate has a photo option bro

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2019, 08:19:14 am »
Try it , and report back with the results  :)

Don't be surprised if you get something like:
" to destroy do component ding recompare pole left red in air gush washer pin not do that"

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2019, 08:39:44 am »
" to destroy do component ding recompare pole left red in air gush washer pin not do that"

;D

Offline SparkyFX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2019, 09:08:06 am »
so it is the default translation: "don´t touch it if you don´t know what you´re doing".
Support your local planet.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2019, 11:59:08 pm »
Try it , and report back with the results  :)

Don't be surprised if you get something like:
You can work with translations like that, because it's obvious drivel. Google translate gets really fun then the translation reads really well, but has flipped the meaning of the original. If there's even a hint of irony in a piece of text, expect some funky translations.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2019, 04:12:55 am »
Well can I start…

I never think that my first reply would be into this kind of topic, that I don’t know if it is a troll topic or a serious idea that treez really want.

I’m a Portuguese that it’s married with a Chinese woman and I’m currently living in Shenzhen, China.

I’m not going to start with the China working conditions are bad, the sweatshops and the bad paid employees because it’s not true. Yes they are cases of that here, but they are also cases of well-paid and respected EE into respected companies. No I’m not going to make a comparison with Eastern Standards and Western standards because, well they don’t exist.
As Portuguese I saw the same bad things happening in Portugal in terms of companies and how they threaten their own human resources. It’s no different here in China in some companies, it’s not different in other parts of the world, Germany, France, UK, USA, etc. Just look at the news…

The Made in is nonsense in the current world. It’s only used as propaganda for Patriotism. Example: Fluke 289 - Made in USA (with components that were designed and probably manufactured around the world, most of them in China). Should it not be Assembled in?

Treez did you really want to do exactly what you said, so basically going by the bad standards just for money and company portfolio?  Tell me how different are you from other stories of companies that exploit the human resources for some extra single 0.% to the annual financial report to appease the masses of capital investors?

Do you know that the world is big but at the same time it’s small? Everyone knows everyone. If you fail onto trust of one supplier you probably cutting yourself from the rest of suppliers. Words travel like the wind, especially bad reports.

“A lie gets halfway around the world before truth puts on its boots.”

Well I think it’s enough and I also think that I didn’t contribute with something really meaningful for the discussion. Probably I just did feed the trolls - https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/12/17561768/dont-feed-the-trolls-online-harassment-abuse

It’s like being invited for the first party in University when you know no one and fell awkward. That’s how I fell here when I try to reply to something.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2019, 04:34:08 am »

LoL, read his previous troll threads. He was just for fun.

Someone suggested to post "Treez is an idiot" and bet the poster would get a like from him, so I did, and as expected, he thanked.

If that doesn't show the sheer blatantness of his trolling behavior, what does?

BTW, I bet this post will also get a thank from him. Let's see.

The problem is that sometimes it's not trolling. Treez looks like a colleague that I had in 2007 when I was doing the Electronics and Electrical Course that we also always taken what he said by trolling until it got physical and hurt himself very badly. After that I never saw trolling as something to laugh about.

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, tooki, ocset

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2019, 05:01:58 am »
Regardless, your kindness is admirable and I appreciate that.

We are human beings, if you want to be helped you should help too, what was my parent's education. But enough Offtopic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf