Author Topic: Woman Gets €800/month For EMF 'Disability'  (Read 24760 times)

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
Re: Woman Gets €800/month For EMF 'Disability'
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2015, 07:17:24 pm »
I work in the water industry. Some companies still have guys going out with divining rods. I'd complete bunk, there is plenty of convincing evidence to support that. I have no trouble accepting that.

Why do you have so much trouble accepting that we don't fully understand something?

Water industry ... (Homeopathy?  >:D ) ... Divining ... One more to add to TheElectricChicken on the Ignore List

Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2015, 11:05:42 pm »
Ommm........
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2015, 11:13:13 pm »
Mojo, you are a complete spacker.  Your determination to rally against pretty much everything makes you look somewhat idiotic. Electro hypersensitivity is complete bollocks, your one favourite study (with a sample size of one) proves nothing.

Delta, you are another one who lives by the manta "when you can't win, ad-hominem".
You're very good at that, like the time when you didn't like someone's video, you referred to them as dumb fucks and morons.

These dumb fucks didn't even read the proposal or understand it before making their stupid video. Morons.

I work in the water industry. Some companies still have guys going out with divining rods. I'd complete bunk, there is plenty of convincing evidence to support that. I have no trouble accepting that.

Why do you have so much trouble accepting that we don't fully understand something?
If I employed someone and they starting doing that kind of thing, they'd be out of the door before their feet could touch the ground! People don't accept that kind of quackery because there's absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 12:34:04 am »

If I employed someone and they starting doing that kind of thing, they'd be out of the door before their feet could touch the ground! People don't accept that kind of quackery because there's absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.
Finding water is a skill indeed, but a person skilled in the art could easily propagate the myth by continuing to use such a (likely worthless) device while applying other senses such as visual observation to find water.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 12:50:27 am »
Delta, you are another one who lives by the manta "when you can't win, ad-hominem".

Yet another ad-hominem.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 12:54:18 am »
I have been able to use metal divining rods since I was in my pre-teens.
I can find anything I know the composition of, but it works best with metal objects.

If you will pass this test you will win $1M.

http://web.randi.org/the-million-dollar-challenge.html

Here are a few Australians that tried their luck:

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 12:55:13 am »
Dowsing has also been shown to not work in several double blind trials. It has nothing to do with belief, only what can be reproducibly shown to work or not. Dowsing doesn't work when you test it, it's as simple as that. Only thing you have to believe in is the scientific method.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:56:55 am by apis »

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2015, 01:08:42 am »
I can find anything I know the composition of, but it works best with metal objects.

He has never honored the pledge.
The guy is as fake as the day is long.

keep in mind that someone who calls themselves a debunker has already made up their mind.
A closed mind is a waste.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2015, 01:19:31 am »

Any reference?

BTW, Netflix has this documentary about his personal life, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246565/ . It touches magic vs science, same sex marriage and illegal immigration.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2015, 01:33:30 am »

keep in mind that someone who calls themselves a debunker has already made up their mind.
Do you even know who Randi is? "honored" the pledge? It has been out there for decades just asking for someone to snap it up, but for some reason nobody can when it comes to independent double blind tests, even with a low probability allowed on the preliminary. Also strange is how the hucksters are always too busy or too important, or winning a million is beneath them or their spirit guides would not allow them to profit like that (but $10/min phone lines are ok) and they could always donate it to the starving children...

An "open" mind is a waste - fill that dustbin with garbage and it is all equally valid to the "open" mind. In reality it is the most closed mind ever - because it disregards critical thinking.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:00 am »

The money is set up in an independent trust. James Randi has no direct control over the money; if anyone can prove dousing, ESP, divining, the existence of ghosts, etc. under double blind test conditions, then they will be given the money. Plain and simple.

In 30+ years no one has been able to do it. So if you really can find hidden metallic objects with your "third eye" then you should really go and get that prize money.

Put up or shut up.

Sent from my Tablet
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 10:07:12 am »
BTW, Netflix has this documentary about his personal life, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246565/ . It touches magic vs science, same sex marriage and illegal immigration.
Thanks, found it at a certain privateers cove. 3.5Gb fast download  :-+

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 12:59:58 pm »
Yet another ad-hominem.

You don't actually know what an ad-hominem is, do you?

Yet another ad-hominem.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2015, 02:04:37 pm »

The money is set up in an independent trust. James Randi has no direct control over the money; if anyone can prove dousing, ESP, divining, the existence of ghosts, etc. under double blind test conditions, then they will be given the money. Plain and simple.

In 30+ years no one has been able to do it. So if you really can find hidden metallic objects with your "third eye" then you should really go and get that prize money.

Put up or shut up.

Sent from my Tablet
James Randy was exposed to be a fraud back in the mid 90s.
I usually don't even waste my time on posts like this but be warned the man is a fraud.
Sue AF6LJ

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:24 pm »
I usually don't even waste my time on posts like this but be warned the man is a fraud.
Interesting. Can you point the rest of us to this exposure, as it doesn't seem to be easy to find on the web?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:15:24 pm by coppice »

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2015, 02:47:08 pm »
That's a broad claim. A fraud in what sense and do you have sources (links will do) to back up the claim?

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2015, 03:13:32 pm »
That's a broad claim. A fraud in what sense and do you have sources (links will do) to back up the claim?
http://dailygrail.com/features/the-myth-of-james-randis-million-dollar-challenge
http://skepdic.com/randi.html
Changing the rules a fraud plain and simple.

The remote viewers (the trained ones that worked for the US Army in the last part of the last century made this necessary.

Take it for what it is worth.
Sue AF6LJ

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »
http://dailygrail.com/features/the-myth-of-james-randis-million-dollar-challenge
Surely you are not going to use that site as a credible reference?
That site is fine, but it doesn't seem to call Randi's conduct into question. There was a change of rules, but only for new applicants. The rules seem perfectly reasonable. How does this call his integrity into doubt?
The remote viewers (the trained ones that worked for the US Army in the last part of the last century made this necessary.
Can you point to credible support for the existence of these remote viewers?
Do you have any credible complaints about Randi's conduct?

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 03:58:00 pm »
Surely you are not going to use that site as a credible reference?
That site is fine, but it doesn't seem to call Randi's conduct into question. There was a change of rules, but only for new applicants. The rules seem perfectly reasonable. How does this call his integrity into doubt?
Can you point to credible support for the existence of these remote viewers?
Do you have any credible complaints about Randi's conduct?

If you don't believe that is fine, I am not here to convince anyone.
I tend to be skeptical myself, but remember the definition of the word Skeptic, not to be confused with a Debunker who is already biased to disbelief.

The problem with Randi and his controlled conditions; he may be shielding the mechnisms that allow some of these "paranormal" abilities to work. Think of it this way; someone who doesn't believe in radio could make the same offer as Randi did. They could set up the "controlled conditions in a Faraday cage, under those controlled conditions radio wouldn't work.

There are a whole community of debunkers who say we never sent man to the Moon and they have volumes of proof.

Science is a tool we use to explain things, events and processes in the world around us.
It has its limitations, and it should, to keep a boundary between fact and fantasy; there is a third realm however that which Science cannot explain due to its limitations. That which falls in that realm is not fantasy until proven to be once and for all.

I can divine but I have no idea how it works.

Sue AF6LJ

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:44 pm »
They could set up the "controlled conditions in a Faraday cage, under those controlled conditions radio wouldn't work.

With the Randi challenge, the condition of the tests are agreed upon with the person that makes the claim. See the Australian divining video for example.

I am sure that Randi will be more than thrilled to see a repeatable  evidence of 'super natural' but it's important to filter out the false ones.

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:59 pm »

Randi and the foundation have been pretty transparent about what it takes to get the $1,000,000 I don't see fraud here.

If someone had "passed the test" but not been paid I'm sure they would not have hesitated to make it widely known. Where is the sucessful claimant?

The problem with Randi and his controlled conditions; he may be shielding the mechnisms that allow some of these "paranormal" abilities to work. Think of it this way; someone who doesn't believe in radio could make the same offer as Randi did. They could set up the "controlled conditions in a Faraday cage, under those controlled conditions radio wouldn't work.
The test conditions are mutually agreed so anyone who was concerned can stipulate checks by 3rd parties, probably  a neutral venue so as to prevent Randi doing this.

Of course he does regularly interfere with the mechanisms which are used to make it appear that people have psychic powers when debunking them. He thwarted Geller just by
insisting that Geller and his team have no access to the spoon he was supposed to bend before a show. Mysteriously Geller's powers failed him that night.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2015, 08:34:20 pm »
Oh come on. There's loads of authority figures to appeal to as sources like Uri Geller, Sylvia Browne, David Icke, Monster Cables, the list goes on... plenty of anecdote out there.
Randi and the foundation have been pretty transparent about what it takes to get the $1,000,000 I don't see fraud here.

If someone had "passed the test" but not been paid I'm sure they would not have hesitated to make it widely known. Where is the sucessful claimant?
EXACTLY! The JREF "Foundation" are in cahoots with the Zionists and Goldenzbergs joo-ish international crime syndicate and simply order a hit. They can do this using top secret CIA remote viewing techniques that they stole from psychics in their top secret psi-labs torture chambers at Guantanomo Bay (SC 1005 Box 25, FPO AE 09593). Crude but effective way to shut down the true psychics, homeopaths, and people who have proven it is bad luck to walk under a ladder or past a black cat.
The test conditions are mutually agreed so anyone who was concerned can stipulate checks by 3rd parties, probably  a neutral venue so as to prevent Randi doing this.

Of course he does regularly interfere with the mechanisms which are used to make it appear that people have psychic powers when debunking them. He thwarted Geller just by
insisting that Geller and his team have no access to the spoon he was supposed to bend before a show. Mysteriously Geller's powers failed him that night.
Johnny Carson smoked like a chimney. The smoke got into Uri's delicate lungs and eyes. Tell me, do you like to work amongst smokers? It's rightfully banned as it makes golden children nauseous and puts us off our stroke. Uri was in a workplace that evening, and Randi & Carson should get the death sentance for mistreating him like that. He should get onto his union.

Anyway Uri is not a psychic any more, he is a "mystifier". So that makes it all right. ok?  :palm:

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:42 pm »
The rule changes aren't a fraud. They obviously just want to reduce the noise floor. They're probably over-run by quacks hoping to get a million. You have to filter the masses somehow and also means that you can concentrate on those who are misleading the biggest audience.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 09:07:12 pm »
The rule changes aren't a fraud. They obviously just want to reduce the noise floor. They're probably over-run by quacks hoping to get a million. You have to filter the masses somehow and also means that you can concentrate on those who are misleading the biggest audience.

McBryce.
What? Are you telling me that something as human as age is catching up with the "great randi"? That he is nearly 90 years old, wears his trousers up to his chest, and doesn't have the time or health to deal with all the special snowflakes who have encountered UFO's or baby jeezus?

Not so great after all are you Randy? hehehe. See what I did there? "randy" like I can insinuate a guy with a 25+ year live-in partnership with another guy is a dirty perv who only thinks of his fagcock. Hehehe, what an utter gutter dwelling scumbucket I am, hehehe... "Randy" hahahaha  :-DD I'm so clever  :palm: /s

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 09:14:47 pm »
Eh... no. None of that. I was merely suggesting that possibly there are too many quacks pestering him for the million.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf