Author Topic: Woohoo its here.  (Read 14949 times)

Offline Bob F.

• Regular Contributor
Re: Woohoo its here.
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 11:11:23 am »
Nope. I am actually trying to work something out regarding the hack on it, is it worth doing it now or waiting, do I have to uninstall anything first or just enter a new key. so much info on here but some is contradictory to me and others missing bits.
May as well wait.  You have 36 hours trial (or however long it is) so you may as well use it for a bit and see that it does not die from infant mortality and you have to send it back (tho, at your present rate of use, it may be some time before your trial period is up...  ;) ).  I still have 5 or 6 hours left on mine so will probably hack it at the weekend.

Have fun, Bob.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 12:10:32 pm »
You cant properly celebrate the acquisition without an appropriate dance mix, I have no idea what the video is about but like a lot of recent test gear it seems to be a comedy of errors, check out the Youtube title.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:29:37 pm by Muttley Snickers »

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:35 pm »
I love cats, but right now if a cat sat on my scope it would be running around with chili powder up its rear end.
Why have you covered your scope in chilli powder? Is this part of the hacking process? Do tell!

Offline DeathwishTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 12:55:48 pm »
 VK5RC. i never read manuals that deeply unless i have a swmbo to ignore

Bob F. Might be past its warranty period before I switch it on  :-DD

Muttley. Thanks for the breakdance routine , my neighbors have now called the police as they thought the old codger across from them was being mugged and thrown around.

nfmax. I haven't yet, no cat to sit on it. But you never know what will sneak in the door.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline jlmoon

• Supporter
  • If you fail the first time, keep trying!
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 04:18:40 pm »
Yeah it always does in wales. I am sitting here too excited to open the darn thing. Bad things happen when I am excited, like being dropped or broken when ripping open packages

You should definitely get a crocodile dundee knife then.

I think, a chainsaw would be the appropriate tool. A lot of households in Wales got one, I was told ;)

Those are only carried by the Welsh Nationalists in case of dragons invading, however Camilla has not been around here lately.

I have never seen so much "Chainsaw Action" as of last night when I had to watch all 3 episodes of "Sharknado"  :-DD
Recharged Volt-Nut

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »
@Deathwish:
If I were you I'd turn the thing on and use it or just let it sit there, with probes connected to calibrator output or some other signal source, to let it "burn in" quickly. Who cares if you run out the "trial options" time, you can always unlock the options at any time later on. But you really should try to identify any possible hardware problems as quickly as possible so you can get prompt replacement service from your vendor or Rigol. My first delivered unit turned out to have a bad hardware problem on CH4:

and I had to return it. The problem only showed up after some time of operation. TEquipment and Rigol were great, I sent the scope back on the Monday and received the replacement via UPS second day air on the Thursday night, IIRC.

You might also see if you can get the scope to "freeze" or lock up:

A little over half of the 51 people reporting have been able to get their scopes to freeze in this manner. Rigol have been informed and hopefully they are working on a software fix, but I haven't heard anything from them since I reported the bug to them over a month ago.

The "factory reset" procedure is to repeatedly press the 5th dark grey left menu button repeatedly while the scope is booting up after power-on. It will come up with Chinese language, but you can reset to your preferred language immediately.

The most recent Software Version for the scope reports as 00.04.03.SP1 on the Utility>System>System Info screen. The "Board Version" flops around, usually mine reports 0.1.1 but just now it is saying 0.2.1 for some reason.

ETA: @ OBin:  I just noticed your Belgium flag. The latest software version adds support for French language....

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:01:09 pm by alsetalokin4017 »
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline Obin

• Contributor
  • Hi
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 05:46:34 pm »
Mine was supposed to be delivered to day, but the DHL guy decided to end his day before delivering it to me, so now it's stuck at the depot for an extra night :/

• Supporter
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 12:29:06 am »
What is the point of these stupid yellow tip covers that do not stay on , someone at QC needs to get a grip on those.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 12:54:50 am »
Spot on John, its my 1054z.

i opened it, got the manual out to read, thought "oh my god, its a flight manual for a jumbo jet" and ran away from it, darn thing is worlds away from my old scope.
Good Deal Enjoy. :)
Sue AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 01:17:11 am »
Dear Rigol.
Can I please have a DVI output on my scope so I can plug in a bigger monitor .
Thank you
Mr Myeyesarebuggered
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:17:37 am by Deathwish »

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 02:10:54 am »
Just use the bloody thing, it won't bite.
Hack it anytime.

It has been on all day, and it is hacked ok, happy now you old codger  :-DD :-DD

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 02:41:42 am »
Hack it anytime.

It has been on all day, and it is hacked ok, happy now you old codger  :-DD :-DD
:-+
BTW what is the screen size?
Can you not use Rigols PC software and display the UI on your PC screen?
Then you drive it with your mouse, we can on the Siglents anyway.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Supporter
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46:11 am »
No idea, havent even looked at the CD yet. I had enough trouble trying to get the ultra sigma app to work, in fact I gave up trying to issue a scpi command to it. It does work though as it sends the query for what unit is attached and replies with the model, I must of been doing it wrong, I do a lot of that.

All that is on the CD is the sigma installer I downloaded from their site so nope.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:48:57 am by Deathwish »

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 02:55:18 am »
Hack it anytime.

Are you absolutely sure your hack sequence was correct ?, why is the screen now displaying BBC3 ?........... :-DD

• Supporter
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 03:03:26 am »
Hack it anytime.

Are you absolutely sure your hack sequence was correct ?, why is the screen now displaying BBC3 ?........... :-DD

Of course I am, I plugged the probe into the mains socket, the USB lead into the light socket and applied brute force via the keyboard on screen, it is not BBC3 it is in fact Jeremy Kyle on ITV. You must forgive my overly excess of moronic diatribe and unusual humor only I can understand, I gave up smoking last night and the brain is even more confused than usual, which , is in fact, a lethal combinaion.

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 03:16:34 am »
Dear Rigol.
Can I please have a DVI out put on my scope so I can pug in a bigger monitor .
Thank you
Mr Myeyesarebuggered
Get with the times. DVI is obsolete, and being withdrawn from new equipment. You need HDMI or DP, and I agree they would be good additions if the way they scan the internal LCD supports it.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 03:52:53 am »
You could try this:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/free-ds6000ds1000z-software/

Edit: Linux in case you wonder
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:56:53 am by miguelvp »

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 03:58:37 am »
miguelvp, noted and thank you.

Offline rs20

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 04:05:03 am »
Dear Rigol.
Can I please have a DVI(/equivalent) out put on my scope so I can pug in a bigger monitor .
I agree this would be a nice feature; however, my old TDS 754C has this, and you musn't underestimate the value of the screen being next to the buttons that the display is designed for. It's quite annoying looking at the menu on the big monitor and cross-referencing this with the buttons on the oscilloscope; you end up just looking at the oscilloscope screen directly and ignoring the big monitor. Even changing the horizontal scale takes some fumbling, because it's not sitting in your field of view as you view the waveform on the big monitor.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 08:00:13 am »
Dear Rigol.
Can I please have a DVI output on my scope so I can plug in a bigger monitor .
Thank you
Mr Myeyesarebuggered
Don't get me wrong, the Rigol 1054Z is a fine oscilloscope - I have one myself. The number of channels and once hacked the memory depth and bandwidth can't be beaten for the same price but the small screen and lack of a socket for a monitor is a disadvantage.

I also have an Owon DS7102V which cost me nearly as much as the Rigol. I got the version with a battery and a VGA socket to connect a monitor. It has a larger and higher resolution screen than the Rigol and is much lighter. Although it's only two channel and has less memory depth than the Rigol, it's my main oscilloscope because I find it easier to use and is more portable, thanks to being lighter and the battery.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:03:33 am by Hero999 »

Offline Mark

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 05:55:41 pm »
I also got a DS1054Z on Wednesday, here it is with its twin :D

Enjoy your new scope Deathwish, I am still learning about mine, must read the manual sometime...  :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf